Water Heater Installation Inspections required?

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sick of KY

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I just found out that you must have a water heater installation inspected or you will be fined. You must have a licensed plumber install it or get a homeowner plumbing permit. The inspection costs $35. This is also the case if you are installing or replacing over 10 feet of other plumbing as well.

I heard that Lowes reports water heater purchases to the state. Is this true?

This state disgusts me. We keep having to pay more and more for inspections and permits.
Plumber Lobby

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

yeah, you got this right. Go to Tennessee or WV and get a water heater and use another out of state address and then bootleg it back.
Sick of KY

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

good idea. Why didn't Lowes mention this to me when I purchased a water heater there? If a friend hadn't mentioned this to me, I would have installed the water heater and possibly been fined down the road.
abc

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

? I wonder if this is true? Did Lowes take your name and address?
I know someone that just hired a kid that works for a licensed plumber to install a water heater. They didn't get an inspection. The boy did the install on his own, not through his employer who is licensed.
get real

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

it's a joke - I don't know of anyone getting a permit for any plumbing or electrical work - there was some kind of state rule passed a few years ago that nobody ever checks up on - just make sure you get someone that knows what they are doing
my opinion

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

I know for a fact that if it is being installed in a mobile home you don't have to do anything. Anyone can install the water heater. I have also been told that if it is going in a house that you own and have a minimum of 10 acres of land you can also install it yourself but I do not know this for sure.
abc

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

In places other than KY there are strict rules on getting inspections for everything, but I haven't heard of them around here.
Dr Kildare

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

get real wrote:
it's a joke - I don't know of anyone getting a permit for any plumbing or electrical work - there was some kind of state rule passed a few years ago that nobody ever checks up on - just make sure you get someone that knows what they are doing
Correct, I had to do that dance and pay the inspection fee three years ago. The inspector has never shown up. My father had to so the same thing this past January, he also paid for an inspection that never happened. Who's keeping this money??????????
wondering

Flatgap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

return it to lowes and go to huntington to get it plus its 50 bucks cheaper in huntington than the lowes price in ky!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

never heard of such.does that also go for replacing your water heater.i just installed one two years ago purchased from lowes and never had to have an inspection.
two cents

Thelma, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

think the only inspection is when you are building new. know that you have to have breaker box checked before they will hook up electric.
Burned by Lowes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

my opinion wrote:
I know for a fact that if it is being installed in a mobile home you don't have to do anything. Anyone can install the water heater. I have also been told that if it is going in a house that you own and have a minimum of 10 acres of land you can also install it yourself but I do not know this for sure.
I bought a water heater for my doublewide and Lowe's made me fill out the form and then was notified by the state that I had to apply for a permit. I did that online,($45) and played tag with the inspector that works out of the health dept. one day a week. He showed up and said, "Oh, a doublewide. You don't need a permit for that."
Jim

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Purchased electric thirty gal water heater from lowes in Scott county Kentucky. Plumbing inspector was notified by Lowes. Install was in a mobile home. Is a permit plus inspection required in ky for water heater installs for a
Mobile home?
Plumbing Inspector

Williamsport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Jim wrote:
Purchased electric thirty gal water heater from lowes in Scott county Kentucky. Plumbing inspector was notified by Lowes. Install was in a mobile home. Is a permit plus inspection required in ky for water heater installs for a
Mobile home?
no.
Plumbing Inspector

Williamsport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

Plumber Lobby wrote:
yeah, you got this right. Go to Tennessee or WV and get a water heater and use another out of state address and then bootleg it back.
that's a felony dumbazz. I wouldn't recommend that.
isaac

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

i live in lawrenceburg,ky.they say here i need a permit.can you tell me where i can get a copy of that law saying i don't so i can show them.i am replacing a water heater in my mobile home that i own.

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

I dunno about all of this but I don't need the state of Kentucky's permission to buy a hot water heater nor do I need their permission to hook up the three wires and two water lines for it.. If it's gas add the gas line. My home. My business and none of theirs.

If Ky wants to charge me $45 for this privilege I'll be happy to pay it AFTER they lug it in from my truck, hook it up and make sure it isn't leaking and heating properly.
bulldog

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

gaytor_bayt wrote:
I dunno about all of this but I don't need the state of Kentucky's permission to buy a hot water heater nor do I need their permission to hook up the three wires and two water lines for it.. If it's gas add the gas line. My home. My business and none of theirs.

If Ky wants to charge me $45 for this privilege I'll be happy to pay it AFTER they lug it in from my truck, hook it up and make sure it isn't leaking and heating properly.
In New Jersey they don't allow u to pump your own gas and in another state I forget which one is u have to pay for an electrician and inspection fee to plug in appliances, I talking plug it in to the wall

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
In New Jersey they don't allow u to pump your own gas and in another state I forget which one is u have to pay for an electrician and inspection fee to plug in appliances, I talking plug it in to the wall
I wonder if that is all a Chris Christie Idea?
without hot water

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I went to Lowe's in Paintsvile to buy a hot water heater and was told that I had to have it inspected by an electrician or be fined for not having the inspection tag on it..I think that is just wrong...anything to take a hard working persons money..ITS A SHAME!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Paintsville Forum right now

Search the Paintsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min diverse interests 122,739
Kayla Price arrested 20 min darrell 98
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Suzienoteeth 138,660
Who will win Johnson County Sheriff 30 min darrell 730
Garbage dump in Denver 1 hr Spaced Out 17
Obama's policies follow the teachings of Christ 1 hr Big Cat 17
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr hum 81,200
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paintsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••