curious wrote:
Is Dr. Kousa a good doctor?
Are you looking for pain pills?
hell no

Stambaugh, KY

#3 May 22, 2009
curious wrote:
hell no! Dr. Kousa is a freaking retard! my parents sent me there when i was younger and the medicine that was given to me (for depression) made me want to harm myself worse...so Dr. Kousa decided to raise my dosage..yeah i know..you might wanna go somewhere else
Friend of Former Employee

Salyersville, KY

#4 May 23, 2009
I don't know Kousa or what type of doctor he is when patients are concerned but my friend used to work with him and she hated working there. Kousa is really hateful and grouchy, and made the lives of his staff a living hell. After she quit there and went to work for another doctor, I heard rumors that Kousa had gotten involved with a young patient but you know how rumors go. It's untelling whether or not that was true. Either way, he's a grouch.
kentucky

Staffordsville, KY

#5 May 23, 2009
I heard he was with a younger girl, got her pregnant, and took her to have it aborted. But, you can hear everything going. My mom goes to him and if he sends her for tests, it takes forever to hear from them, and I don't like that!!
where

Salyersville, KY

#6 May 23, 2009
ill tell you a good Dr, Thomas A Smith, grant it youll set in his waiting area all day and half the evening, no joke ive been in there 10 hours but if he gets around to you and takes his prozac hes a good dr, o ya by the way are you sinceing any sarcasm because im spreading it thick he is a fruit loop for sho
Nooo

Humble, TX

#7 May 23, 2009
curious wrote:
He really isn't. I know several people that go to him and I urge them everyday to find new doctors. He isn't thorough in the least bit and he doesn't have a sincere concern for his patients. You wait all day in his waiting room only for him to send you for tests that you may, or may not, need and if there is a possibility of a real problem it doesn't even phase him. It's like he just doesn't care. I don't know about all the"younger girl" rumors, but I do know that if I were you I'd find another doctor.
doll

Salyersville, KY

#8 May 23, 2009
Dr. Kousa is a great doctor. He may be hateful at time, and moody.. and he may keep you waiting in the waiting room for a longgg time, but he knows what hes doing. I would def. give him a try. Hes not big on drug seekers though.. so if thats all youre wanting try someone else..
no way

Humble, TX

#9 May 23, 2009
doll wrote:
Dr. Kousa is a great doctor. He may be hateful at time, and moody.. and he may keep you waiting in the waiting room for a longgg time, but he knows what hes doing. I would def. give him a try. Hes not big on drug seekers though.. so if thats all youre wanting try someone else..
whatever. he is HORRIBLE
bubbles

Salyersville, KY

#10 May 24, 2009
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever. he is HORRIBLE
I've been going there for almost a year now. He's alright sometimes, but I needed hand surgery and he sent me to a stomach surgeon.
I recently had a different type of surgery that takes 6 weeks to recover from. about 1 wk after my surgery I had an appointment with Dr. Kousa. I called his office that day to see if he was running behind in his appointments, because I didnt think I could sit there very long. They said no come on in we wont make u wait long....well I sat there 4 hrs. about to die.
bubbles

Salyersville, KY

#11 May 24, 2009
He also makes u come in for an office visit if you just need a written referral for another Dr, or for surgery or anything....that way he can charge your insurance for an office visit. The doctors I've had in the past would tell me to just see the girl at the front window and she would give me the written referral. He's just out for MONEY!
Who is a good Dr in Paintsville or close by, who doesnt make you wait all day? I'm gonna change
Devastated

Euless, TX

#12 May 25, 2009
He killed my father with antidepressants. He murdered one of the best, most responsible men that ever lived in Johnson County!

Since: Apr 09

Humble, TX

#13 May 25, 2009
Devastated wrote:
He killed my father with antidepressants. He murdered one of the best, most responsible men that ever lived in Johnson County!
What antidepressant?
REALLY

Phelps, KY

#14 May 25, 2009
I agree he is a horrible Dr. RUN!!!

“Dat's What He Said”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 19, 2010
He's a piece of shit to say the very least. My grandmother was his patient for years. A month before she died we noticed that she wasn't acting right & told the ER physician so. They ordered testing & found tumors on her brain. Keep in mind that she had been hospitalized periodically due to COPD & in MY opinion brain tumors are something that should've been picked up on sooner. Anyway, he sent her home & had hospice take over her care until she died a week later. The most fucked up thing is that a couple months later, his nurse asked my mother {who unfortunately is his patient as well} how my grandmother was doing. Stunned,"She's dead" is all my mother could respond with. Then, a month or so after that, his office called & wanted to know why my grandmother missed an appointment. WTF ?!?!?

Well, tonight my mother fell & landed on a concrete block w/her forehead & went to Highlands. They gave her 10 stitches, scanned her head, found a spot on her brain & decided to keep her for observation & run more tests in the morning. Kousa calls them & says to let her go ... he'll see her Monday {the day after tomorrow}. I'm so fucking mad right now I'm shaking. What if she has a brain bleed? Wtf if she doesn't wake up in the morning? He better hope that's not the case because I will bring HellFire down on his ass.

I've been begging my mother to change doctors for years. I don't know why she hasn't yet but hopefully this will make her.

Since: Jun 10

United States

#16 Jun 20, 2010
neather is his sister kitta kousa she will kill you rather than help you there both quacks
former patient

Williamson, WV

#17 Jun 20, 2010
horrible man told me everything was just in my head and its not like its cancer. I had a very serious disease he refused to even attemp to diagnose and treat, instead he said i was just depressed and needed to run 3 miles a day. A person who was trying to explain not being physically able to get out of bed sometimes. Last time I was there I left in discuss. Police officers were going around asking questions with no privacy to paitients and a highschool student was prentending to be a doctor, dressed in a lab coat and all talking to patients. Run for you life!
former patients daughter

Prestonsburg, KY

#18 Jun 22, 2010
HELL NO, HE SUCKS as a DOCTOR...my mom went into the hospital on March 13...I NEVER SEEN HIM THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS IN THERE. I left messages, i went to his office..NOTHING..PAUL B HALL sucks too...they didnt give my mom a bath..or change her sheets the time she was on the 3rd floor. AND yes, I complained to the social worker there..and NOTHING WAS DONE. NOW about Dr LOSER, I mean Kousa...I had to THREATEN him with a lawsuit to get my mom FLOWN OUT TO KDMC...all he could tell me VIA phone..not to my face, on how much he loved my mom like she was family and I replied that he must not love his family cuz it was HIM and PBH that was slowly killing her. My mom fought HARD and from KDMC, she went to cornerstone (st Mary's) then to a nursing home in OHIO for trach patients...and KOUSA and PBH are the main reasons my mom DIED on December 5th of 08. I see him to this day and would love to whip his foreign GOOD FOR NOTHING ASS....Karma will get him and Paul B Hall 3rd floor nurses and the ICU nurses that COMPLETELY IGNORED MY MOTHER THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS THERE.
sickof it

West Liberty, KY

#19 Jun 29, 2010
another quack is dr.degusman now there is a nut for you.
just heard

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jun 29, 2010
bubbles wrote:
He also makes u come in for an office visit if you just need a written referral for another Dr, or for surgery or anything....that way he can charge your insurance for an office visit. The doctors I've had in the past would tell me to just see the girl at the front window and she would give me the written referral. He's just out for MONEY!
Who is a good Dr in Paintsville or close by, who doesnt make you wait all day? I'm gonna change
Dr. Jason Rice is the best doctor in Paintsville

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sheriff's daughter (Oct '13) 36 min to funny 289
accident on Depot rd yesterday 1 hr hilo 2
New church in Prestonsburg? (Apr '14) 1 hr in the know 51
Federal indictments of some Paintsville big sho... 2 hr Chic 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,371
jenny mckenzie (Oct '11) 4 hr give it up 15
Change a Letter Game (Nov '10) 6 hr Analog man 6,364
Paintsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST

NBC Sports 3:15AM