First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anon

Prestonsburg, KY

#22 Sep 23, 2010
heres one for you wrote:
13 to 15 girl and the parents let the boy friend move in for the past year(hes 15-16) and they sleep in the same bed night after night. is that endangering the child?
no.
yep

Flatgap, KY

#23 Sep 23, 2010
your right we live in eastern Kentucky i know what message we try to show are kids. Get pregnant and get on welfare and get them food stamps! Just go ahead and sleep together if it happens it happens. its meant to be! so just sleep together!
Anon

Prestonsburg, KY

#24 Sep 23, 2010
yep wrote:
your right we live in eastern Kentucky i know what message we try to show are kids. Get pregnant and get on welfare and get them food stamps! Just go ahead and sleep together if it happens it happens. its meant to be! so just sleep together!
its been that way here for YEARS, why change now?
Kevin

Belfry, KY

#25 Sep 24, 2010
Topics such would never cause controversy prior 18th century. This new thing about the magical age of 18 is less than a hundred years old and has no historical precedent.

Until the late 1800's it was legal and considered perfectly normal for young teen girls to be having sex, even in the United States. In some US states you can still marry and consummate your marriage at a very early age. Morality, ethics, and the definition of pedophile are solely dependent on the state or country you live in.

During the 18th century, marriage/parenthood was considered normal for girls of ages 16-18. Not only that but marrying and older gentlemen was preferred and acceptable as well.

In example: In ancient Greece, the age difference was almost always 15+ years.

In Isreal, circa Old Testiment, girls married at around age 12. Mary was 13-14 when she gave birth to Jesus! Something like that would definitely be frowned upon these days. I find it hilariously funny when uptight Christian fundamentalist make comments like, "Live your life by the Bible". Sorry to burst bubbles and yes, this may be somewhat crass but apparently... Jesus was a bastard born out of wedlock.

Also, I'm not trying to derail this thread and turn things into some religious argument but I would love to have some clear, well-thought, intellectually replies to following question:

If God didn't want girls having sex until they were older than 16 or 18, then why did he make them able to give birth at such a young age?

Thanks in advance
Anon

Prestonsburg, KY

#26 Sep 24, 2010
Kevin wrote:
Topics such would never cause controversy prior 18th century. This new thing about the magical age of 18 is less than a hundred years old and has no historical precedent.
Until the late 1800's it was legal and considered perfectly normal for young teen girls to be having sex, even in the United States. In some US states you can still marry and consummate your marriage at a very early age. Morality, ethics, and the definition of pedophile are solely dependent on the state or country you live in.
During the 18th century, marriage/parenthood was considered normal for girls of ages 16-18. Not only that but marrying and older gentlemen was preferred and acceptable as well.
In example: In ancient Greece, the age difference was almost always 15+ years.
In Isreal, circa Old Testiment, girls married at around age 12. Mary was 13-14 when she gave birth to Jesus! Something like that would definitely be frowned upon these days. I find it hilariously funny when uptight Christian fundamentalist make comments like, "Live your life by the Bible". Sorry to burst bubbles and yes, this may be somewhat crass but apparently... Jesus was a bastard born out of wedlock.
Also, I'm not trying to derail this thread and turn things into some religious argument but I would love to have some clear, well-thought, intellectually replies to following question:
If God didn't want girls having sex until they were older than 16 or 18, then why did he make them able to give birth at such a young age?
Thanks in advance
God has nothing to do with sex and human morality.
The government says, or so and so says and thats good enough for most people.
They go on about their lives never questioning why, hence the insane amount of lemmings we have today.

Religion and failure to "think outside" the "Box" cause most of the close mindedness in the world.

You are 100% right, not that long ago, girls married at 11-12 and had kids starting as young as 13-15.

But now days its taboo, part of me thinks its because older women don't want to compete with younger and better looking girls.
hitler

Van Lear, KY

#27 Sep 24, 2010
you all are a bunch of perverted infadels,this is why your country is falling apart, this is the kind of nonsense that is on your diseased minds!
shy

Milford, OH

#28 Jul 1, 2011
if your brother makes a report that a soon to be 18yr old had sex with his 15yr old sister and it is not true. And she still hangs with the boy, Can he legally get into trouble? Also if they date when she 16yr and he turns 19 4 months later is that legal?
legal age to date

Harlan, KY

#29 Sep 14, 2012
what is the legal age to date in kentucky is it 16?
aswag

Ashburn, VA

#30 Jan 7, 2014
James Meek wrote:
<quoted text>
No the legal age in Kentuckt is in fact 16 not 18 but ir depends though the person 16 through 18 can say it was repe and the guy will go to jail for statutory rape.

they would only go to jail if they had sex with the victim. or could pove the victim had sexual contact before them would defend them and they would not go to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haunted Trail at Paintsville Lake 37 min you lost 20
Price to win by 70 percent vote 1 hr Daniel 128
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 131,477
mark minix and amy sammons love affair 3 hr Sorry mother she is 5
PRICE ARRESTS, and JUDGE LET THEM GO! 3 hr Ole Blue 15
12 years of bill witten's reign was long enough 3 hr kentucky wildcat 21
i hate ricky jo 4 hr say what 2
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 5 hr Dickens1 12,305
Vote for Sheriff of Johnson County 9 hr cricket 355
JC High school perverts Thu Stupid 23