Paintsville Lowes To Close

Paintsville Lowes To Close

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

Lowes Employee

Logan, WV

#1 Oct 17, 2011
"Closing stores is never easy, given the impact on hard-working employees and local communities," said Robert A. Niblock, chairman, president and CEO. "However, we have an obligation to make tough decisions when necessary to improve profitability and strengthen our financial position.

"Lowe's remains committed to making strategic investments and focusing resources in a manner that will generate the greatest shareholder value, enhance the customer shopping experience and create sustained customer loyalty over the long term," added Niblock.

Approximately 1,950 employees will be affected by these closings. Employees will receive pay and benefits for 60-90 days. In addition, Lowe's will be working with local government agencies to help employees with outplacement assistance.

The stores affected by today's announcement are located in:

Los Banos, CA Biddeford, ME Old Bridge, NJ
Westminster, CA Ellsworth, ME Batavia, NY
Denver, CO Ionia, MI N. Kingstown, RI
Maysville, KY Rogers, MN Emporia, VA
Paintsville, KY Claremont, NH S. Tacoma, WA
Chalmette, LA Hooksett, NH Brown Deer, WI
Haverhill, MA Manchester, NH

xxGamerxx

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 17, 2011
Now sure where you got your information, but the Lowe's web site does not list Paintsville as one of the announced stores (actually none are in Kentucky). Here is the official web site for today's announcement:

http://investor.shareholder.com/lowes/Release...
not true

Betsy Layne, KY

#3 Oct 17, 2011
someone is trying to start a panic. a lot of good people are employed at Lowes in Paintsville.
Lawn and Garden please

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2011
How do you know a lot of good people are employed at Lowes? I can never find one. You have to go to the break room to find them or back in the mgrs. office to find them. Bahhh!! And you know thats the truth. You must work there or have a husband or wife who works there
not true wrote:
someone is trying to start a panic. a lot of good people are employed at Lowes in Paintsville.

“I Am Classy and Cultured!”

Since: Oct 11

Sitka Ky

#5 Oct 18, 2011
Lawn and Garden please wrote:
How do you know a lot of good people are employed at Lowes? I can never find one. You have to go to the break room to find them or back in the mgrs. office to find them. Bahhh!! And you know thats the truth. You must work there or have a husband or wife who works there<quoted text>
You sound like another hilljack whom got fired, probably for drugs or not doing your job. You have to come on here and attack your former employer.
Lawn and Garden please

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2011
Well I must have hit a nerve! The truth just stings a little doesnt it?And to tell you the truth I dont do drugs ,drink and have never had a problem holding down a job, when I come into your establishment I can never get help I have to search for people to help me. But I have been in your store enough to notice that there is a healthy group of people who hang out around the Mngrs office Ive been to the restroom and know where the breakroom is and normaly the people Im looking for R seen coming out of there. Im not attacking a former employer because I work in the gas fields so go back to the office perform your duties with those killer knee pads they have over there and let the truth be told about your FABULOUS company you work for. I would be willing to say you have a higher tunover rate tha Mcdonalds and what does that say for Mng. Not a lot they care only for #s not people and people have lives Ive spoken to some of your co-workers and they have a miserable life unless they bow to the man. Not 1-2-3-4-5- see where Im going. You have a nice day!
New_Girl_In_Town wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like another hilljack whom got fired, probably for drugs or not doing your job. You have to come on here and attack your former employer.

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

#7 Oct 18, 2011
I shop at Lowes and if I need help, yes I have to find it. I also have to find help at KMart, Walmart, Food City, Sav-A-Lot and pretty much every store I've ever been in, The employee's are limited, the customers aren't. Employee's normally are permitted a break also and afaik, aren't obligated to follow the customer around. Following me around will lose my business because it makes me feel like they think I'm going to steal something.
Tools and Hardware please

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2011
R U kidding me? You have to ask for help @ a grocery store. Didnt remember what ya went in for? Had never been there before. Its pretty basic they keep everything together,fruits vegies on one side then they have a bread isle so on and so on we arnt measuring cable or planning to build a house in save a lot K mart or Wally World. Im not asking someone to follow me around but damn if Id have a question about a product I would like to hve someone who supposedly has some traing on the matter
gaytor_bayt wrote:
I shop at Lowes and if I need help, yes I have to find it. I also have to find help at KMart, Walmart, Food City, Sav-A-Lot and pretty much every store I've ever been in, The employee's are limited, the customers aren't. Employee's normally are permitted a break also and afaik, aren't obligated to follow the customer around. Following me around will lose my business because it makes me feel like they think I'm going to steal something.

xxGamerxx

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 18, 2011
Tools and Hardware please wrote:
R U kidding me? You have to ask for help @ a grocery store. Didnt remember what ya went in for? Had never been there before. Its pretty basic they keep everything together,fruits vegies on one side then they have a bread isle so on and so on we arnt measuring cable or planning to build a house in save a lot K mart or Wally World. Im not asking someone to follow me around but damn if Id have a question about a product I would like to hve someone who supposedly has some traing on the matter<quoted text>
If you have every shopped at a Super Wal-Mart, they constantly move stuff around. Yes, people do ask for help on the grocery store side. Not only myself, but I have seen others do it as well.

As for Lowes, if I need help, I have been able to find it. No, the employee may not be waiting in the department waiting for a customer to ask him/her a question, but I can find one. The economy has caused many retail locations to cut back employee hours leaving a void some times in customer service. Not an over abundance of employees, but you can find one, if you just look.
Huh

Logan, WV

#10 Oct 18, 2011
It was just on the news that no Lowes stores in Ky will be affected by these closings. People get things so whacked out on here!! Good Luck to all employees at the local Lowes!!

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

#11 Oct 18, 2011
<quoted text>R U kidding me? You have to ask for help @ a grocery store. Didnt remember what ya went in for?
Yup. I remembered what I went in for, but that selection of meats was empty so I had to find the butcher to ask for more. I guess you don't grocery shop much.
<quoted text> Its pretty basic they keep everything together,fruits vegies on one side then they have a bread isle so on and so on
Dam! Is that how it works? What'll they think of next?
<quoted text>
we arnt measuring cable or planning to build a house in save a lot K mart or Wally World. Im not asking someone to follow me around but damn if Id have a question about a product I would like to hve someone who supposedly has some traing on the matter
Someone with knowledge on an item would be nice and there are times I had to call an employee to help me with something. If they didn't know the answer they would go find someone who did. As far as wandering all over the place looking for help, never had to do that yet. There's a service needed gizmo in each section that you just push the button on.

Sitka Ky

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Well I must have hit a nerve! The truth just stings a little doesnt it?And to tell you the truth I dont do drugs ,drink and have never had a problem holding down a job, when I come into your establishment I can never get help I have to search for people to help me. But I have been in your store enough to notice that there is a healthy group of people who hang out around the Mngrs office Ive been to the restroom and know where the breakroom is and normaly the people Im looking for R seen coming out of there. Im not attacking a former employer because I work in the gas fields so go back to the office perform your duties with those killer knee pads they have over there and let the truth be told about your FABULOUS company you work for. I would be willing to say you have a higher tunover rate tha Mcdonalds and what does that say for Mng. Not a lot they care only for #s not people and people have lives Ive spoken to some of your co-workers and they have a miserable life unless they bow to the man. Not 1-2-3-4-5- see where Im going. You have a nice day! <quoted text>
No, you just sound like a disgruntled employee who could not do the job and was let go. That seems to be the mentality around here. Work long enough to get on unemployment then milk it for as long as you can.

Don't you classless hillbillies have any ambitition in life?
Who Cares

Betsy Layne, KY

#13 Oct 18, 2011
Who Cares !!!
lol

Hagerhill, KY

#14 Oct 18, 2011
New_Girl_In_Town wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just sound like a disgruntled employee who could not do the job and was let go. That seems to be the mentality around here. Work long enough to get on unemployment then milk it for as long as you can.
Ive never seen anything "classy" come from Sitka. haha thanks for the laugh.

Sitka Ky

#15 Oct 18, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive never seen anything "classy" come from Sitka. haha thanks for the laugh.
Oh yes, the culture in Van Lear is top of the line, maybe with the dope, nothing else. Funny how people from Van Lear are referred to by many as holler monkeys, I can see why now.
misb5

Winchester, KY

#16 Oct 18, 2011
How do you know a lot of good people are employed at Lowes? I can never find one. You have to go to the break room to find them or back in the mgrs. office to find them. Bahhh!! And you know thats the truth. You must work there or have a husband or wife who works there<quoted text>
If you think paintsville is bad you should try pikeville lowes then you would be happy with paintsville lowes

“Look Behind You”

Since: Jul 11

Everywhere

#17 Oct 18, 2011
New_Girl_In_Town wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound like a disgruntled LOSER, With no lovers or friends. By the way if you are so Classy and Cultured, What major f**k-up did you perpetrate that got you sent to this so-called GULAG (Sitka)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last post wins (Nov '10) 17 min Alex Nicole 26,140
What The Health? 1 hr Eat Our FOOD and DIE 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 164,643
Praying for tornados!! 2 hr Pimpin 2
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,590
🌟🌟Last Word First Word Game ... 2 hr Princess Hey 212
Change a Letter Game (Nov '10) 3 hr Jen 7,016

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance