Future of Shoney's Bldg.
Property Transfers

Logan, WV

#1 Apr 1, 2011
I read in the Paintsville Herald that the Ewer's family has sold the Shoney's building to Appalachian Land and Leasing. That is Marty and Theresa Johnson of Hazard. They own a boatload of Wendy's and Applebee's Restaurants. Is this going to become an Applebee's sometime soon. Applebee's ain't the best, but it'll instantly become the best in town. Maybe this will trigger some others to try our market.

“Flyin Friendly”

Since: Apr 10

Imaginaria

#2 Apr 1, 2011
Property Transfers wrote:
I read in the Paintsville Herald that the Ewer's family has sold the Shoney's building to Appalachian Land and Leasing. That is Marty and Theresa Johnson of Hazard. They own a boatload of Wendy's and Applebee's Restaurants. Is this going to become an Applebee's sometime soon. Applebee's ain't the best, but it'll instantly become the best in town. Maybe this will trigger some others to try our market.
All the Applebee's I've ever been to are upbeat places, does that mean they will be importing the employees?
Happy Hour

Logan, WV

#3 Apr 1, 2011
Spaced Out wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Applebee's I've ever been to are upbeat places, does that mean they will be importing the employees?
Yes indeed. They do a ton of business, especially during Grand Openings. They will go through a lot of staff turnover before they find their crew. I think they overhire considerably to allow for the departures. They have a very aggressive training team that travels to store openings company wide. It's all pre-fabricated, frozen foods that are finished off to order. But, for bar food it's not bad, it'll do just fine. Good Happy Hour.
Big Balls McGee

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2011
Rumor is they are tearing down the old building. Now here's the bad part. The lease is up on the old Wendy's building....yep...you guessed it....a new Wendy's....at least thats the rumor. No Applebees for you Paintsville.
Rebecca

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Apr 1, 2011
FU K APPLESLEEZE! They suck! I would rather have BIG DICKS in all my orifices than eat there.
Big Balls McGee

United States

#6 Apr 1, 2011
Rebecca wrote:
FU K APPLESLEEZE! They suck! I would rather have BIG DICKS in all my orifices than eat there.
I'm sure that could be arranged.
Yeah

Van Lear, KY

#7 Apr 1, 2011
Yes, the owner of Paintsville's Wendy's bought the Shoney's building. The same people have been building a Wendy's in Salyersville for three years now; all that is there is the footer. So Paintsville "may" someday have an Applebees's or a new Wendy's. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

“Flyin Friendly”

Imaginaria

#8 Apr 1, 2011
Big Balls McGee wrote:
Rumor is they are tearing down the old building. Now here's the bad part. The lease is up on the old Wendy's building....yep...you guessed it....a new Wendy's....at least thats the rumor. No Applebees for you Paintsville.
I just hope they fumigate the area before they rebuild anything. God knows what kind of nasty creatures Shoney's left behind.

“Flyin Friendly”

Imaginaria

#9 Apr 1, 2011
Big Balls McGee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that could be arranged.
I'm sure the real poster already has, on several occasions!
Rebecca

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 Apr 1, 2011
yep
Rebecca

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Apr 1, 2011
Spaced Out wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the real poster already has, on several occasions!
I'm sure you have too!
Portlandia

Wilsonville, OR

#12 Apr 1, 2011
What kind of food did Shoney's used to have?
Number47

Hagerhill, KY

#13 Apr 1, 2011
Portlandia wrote:
Basically "Shit on a Shingle"!
nothing but heart

Logan, WV

#14 Apr 2, 2011
The owner of the Wendys, also owns several Applebees locations. I bet money on a new Wendys because they are up for a scrape and rebuild at that Wendys.
i would say

Newport, KY

#15 Apr 2, 2011
I would say a applebees because they can put in a bar now and they would make lots of money there. They have a fabulous bar. They have agood name and would bring more people into Paintsville.
Happy Hour

Logan, WV

#16 Apr 2, 2011
It makes sense for them to want to relocate Wendy's to make it the first restaurant patrons drive past when they leave Walmart. Applebee's does suck compared to other full service franchise restaurants, but it sure beats the Hell out of Wendy's or any other place we have here as of yet.
hah

Shelbiana, KY

#17 Apr 5, 2011
it's probably wendy's... it would be too close to pikevilles applebees to be a bees. or it could be a hampton inn because marty and theresa own them too. they own tons of wendy's, and the surrounding applebee's and a couple hampton inns starting up too.. i'm not sure how many altogether applebees there are but theres quite a few of them and countless wendys. they are good business people. it will be successful, whatever it may be

“Without Getting”

Since: Oct 10

Killed Or Caught

#18 Apr 5, 2011
Portlandia wrote:
The wild baked salmond was the best. Caught in the big sandy.
Big Balls McGee

Adams, KY

#19 Apr 5, 2011
texas pete wrote:
<quoted text>The wild baked salmond was the best. Caught in the big sandy.
That wasn't salmon, that was the not so elusive brown trout found in all east Kentucky waters. They seem to congregate around straight pipes. Very easy to catch. Don't know how they ever found a way to prepare it though. Looks like shit, smells like shit, and taste like shit. Wait a minute....

“Flyin Friendly”

Imaginaria

#20 Apr 5, 2011
I heard the next owner is going to build a crappy building, load it with rats and roaches, then put an out of business sign up. That way, they can avoid all the grief of trying to keep the place going for the next ten years!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dawn Renee Pennington 36 min smile 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min North Mountain 156,489
Dakota jarrell 1 hr Out 82
Last post wins (Nov '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 25,118
Christmas in Paintsville 5 hr jingle bells 14
I don't hire people who went to private religio... 6 hr Main Stream Gossip 7
Boons Camp Pedophiles 6 hr Main Stream Gossip 1

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages