should recc be petition to reduce pow...

should recc be petition to reduce power bill's

Created by our power on Feb 11, 2011

52 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

there fine

should be another way

shouldn't be allow to rob people

should not be allow to shut off power

our power

Hagerhill, KY

#1 Feb 11, 2011
they need to make there electricity more affordable.
true

Salyersville, KY

#2 Feb 11, 2011
our electric bills are way to high.
conda

Salyersville, KY

#3 Feb 12, 2011
Yes, their rates are too high and yes they do rob people.....but we have nothing to use as leverage to petition them. I don't think enough people can/will say ,"either lower the rates, or you can shut me off.". We have no other power company we can threaten them with. Unless we have some way of switching to AEP. Electric companies have pretty much got us. Unless we can come up with a few thousand dollars and get ourselfves off the grid.
Hod Bacon

Anderson, SC

#4 Feb 12, 2011
Well, we supposedly own RECC. So, we all agree to downsize, take a loss and lower our bills. Maybe we can hire new managers and let their modest salaries be their only compensation. I think we have some less than honest foxes guarding the hen house over there.

Or, we could take pitch forks and torches, march down there and close OUR business, sell out to AEP.
Lineman

Hagerhill, KY

#5 Feb 12, 2011
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST THIS COMPANY it is a local owned company..they purchase their electricity rights from A.E.P. and are not charge that much for it i worked for them... they are ripping you people their customers off..if you don't take a stand now it is just going to get much worse!!!

they are planning a 30% rate increase every four months for the period of 2 years..do you realize just how much the average household bill will run.
Hod Bacon

Anderson, SC

#6 Feb 12, 2011
I say we run out the management and turn it over to AEP. We own it. We've paid for the infrastructure. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to inherit it. But, of course, we'd all need some discounts.

“Make Topix”

Since: Oct 10

Fun Again!

#7 Feb 12, 2011
Hod Bacon wrote:
I say we run out the management and turn it over to AEP. We own it. We've paid for the infrastructure. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to inherit it. But, of course, we'd all need some discounts.
So you think the AEP bills are low, I think not.
Hod Bacon

Anderson, SC

#8 Feb 12, 2011
Got to be lower than what we pay now. Take the costs of an AEP bill and add in enough to run a company plus keep up hoity toity lifestyles of those at the top. What you get is an already high power bill doubled or worse.
misty

Salyersville, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2011
Both companies are running over their customers. Neither of them are low, and I'm sure you all have seen Obama say that electric rates would sky rocket through the roof. I've heard he didn't mean to make that slip up. But, he said it and that clip gets shown on TV fairly often.
electricity

Hagerhill, KY

#10 Feb 12, 2011
If this keeps up there are going to be families without power..the poor just can't compete with these rates..their pay wages are not enough to afford these bill's and pay rent and feed their families.enough is enough.. they are taken everything we have to afford these electric bills..i work from 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Saturday i am making minimum wage. after taxes i am lucky to bring home 400.00 every two weeks how am i going to afford 800.00 dollar electric bill and 450.00 rent 246.00 car insurance.68.60 cable bill 69.74 phone bill and 176.71 water bill and buy enough food to feed our three children all month(300.00) plus100.00 of gas to go to work on. we was barely making it now we have this to deal with. my husband works also the same place i do..we make the same.these bills add up to 2.034.34 how are we going to afford this..were not.

“Make Topix”

Since: Oct 10

Fun Again!

#11 Feb 13, 2011
electricity wrote:
If this keeps up there are going to be families without power..the poor just can't compete with these rates..their pay wages are not enough to afford these bill's and pay rent and feed their families.enough is enough.. they are taken everything we have to afford these electric bills..i work from 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Saturday i am making minimum wage. after taxes i am lucky to bring home 400.00 every two weeks how am i going to afford 800.00 dollar electric bill and 450.00 rent 246.00 car insurance.68.60 cable bill 69.74 phone bill and 176.71 water bill and buy enough food to feed our three children all month(300.00) plus100.00 of gas to go to work on. we was barely making it now we have this to deal with. my husband works also the same place i do..we make the same.these bills add up to 2.034.34 how are we going to afford this..were not.
Also gasoline is going up. something got to give.
electricity

Hagerhill, KY

#12 Feb 13, 2011
I agree..how are we going to be able to make it.
Hod Bacon

Salyersville, KY

#13 Feb 13, 2011
Looks like we'll just have to eat the rich. There's more of us than them. They're control is a mere delusion. They have it because we let them have it. That's why they're so paranoid. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean we're not out to get you.
Stripper

Herndon, VA

#14 Feb 16, 2011
Not once have I heard you all blame the people who are responsible,the ones you voted in OBAMA!OBIDEN!OREID!OPELOSI!Do you think all these EPA,& Corp.regs can be followed and not effect your electric bills? Com'on you're smarter than that aren't you?You wanted change you wanted green now you're getting it!!!Hang in there maybe by 2012 we can vote the A'holes out of there,all I heard when Bush was in there why don't he do something about the gas prices,well why don't Obama do something about it???????
Broke

Lost Creek, KY

#15 Feb 16, 2011
Stripper wrote:
Not once have I heard you all blame the people who are responsible,the ones you voted in OBAMA!OBIDEN!OREID!OPELOSI!Do you think all these EPA,& Corp.regs can be followed and not effect your electric bills? Com'on you're smarter than that aren't you?You wanted change you wanted green now you're getting it!!!Hang in there maybe by 2012 we can vote the A'holes out of there,all I heard when Bush was in there why don't he do something about the gas prices,well why don't Obama do something about it???????
AMEN SISTER.....PREACH ON...Tell em' about it..Also the politicians in Frankfort are just as bad.. Now RECC is on the radio crying Ooooooo Hooooooo Hoooooooo the PSC granted a raise to East Ky Power and we (RECC) want you to call your Rep. in Frankfort, and Washington DC and tell them " This is not fair, we can't afford this." Ooooooo Hoooooo Hooooo if I remember correctly RECC was just granted a raise a short time ago, and they sure weren't worried about us then..I believe they said it would raise the avg. bill about 9.00 dollars....Thats strange...My bill went from less than 200.00 to over 600.00 per month. GIVE ME A BREAK !!!!!!!!!!
Broke

Lost Creek, KY

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Guess RCC has nothing to say..............
Steveland Cleamer

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2011
Broke wrote:
Guess RCC has nothing to say..........
Why would they say anything? They aren't going to argue their case. They have no case. Right now, a few people at the top have carte blanch to make as much money as they can before the whole house of cards comes down.

Conservation doesn't matter. Your meter reading doesn't matter. They use an estimate. But I doubt it's an accurate estimate of your use as much as an estimate of what they think you will just shut up and pay without calling them on it.

They are corrupt and I would love to find out that there had been an ongoing investigation for the last few years. Nothing would tickle me more than a front page shot of people being led out in handcuffs.
Mad Momma

Staffordsville, KY

#18 Feb 18, 2011
Lineman wrote:
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST THIS COMPANY it is a local owned company..they purchase their electricity rights from A.E.P. and are not charge that much for it i worked for them... they are ripping you people their customers off..if you don't take a stand now it is just going to get much worse!!!
they are planning a 30% rate increase every four months for the period of 2 years..do you realize just how much the average household bill will run.
Please tell me where to start and I will be the first in line. If we the people don't take a stand and come against this company we are sunk. The big Sandy RECC is abusing and taking advantage of the people.
Lineman

Hagerhill, KY

#19 Feb 18, 2011
Mad Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me where to start and I will be the first in line. If we the people don't take a stand and come against this company we are sunk. The big Sandy RECC is abusing and taking advantage of the people.
Start with a petition and picketing them get the media involved this company is not going to want that kind of attention towards their company.
and do not back down from them if you do you will give them the upper hand.and one person can not do this alone..it takes a community or group of people to stand together..if you want lower bills your going to have to show this company that you people are tired of GETTING RAPED by these company.do you know that r.e.c.c never reads the actually meter the guess it the bill you are paying probably really isn't that high.the one thing that this cooperation wasn't counting on was you people calling their bluff.this is the only way you are going to have any say in what happens to your electric bills is to band together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bar (Jan '13) 5 min Sharlene45 10,457
Weather Warfare 6 min Endtimes 3
Johnson County Attorney 17 min WVL 308 28
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr IND 151,984
Weather Warfare 4 hr lightning kills 1
judge exe.. 4 hr I said cheese onl... 16
Who the he!! is Tom Cook? (Nov '10) 4 hr hahaha 22

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance