help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Is there anyone that does home schooling in or around paintsville for a high school student or any other alternetive to public public school. is there a private tutor?
yeah

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

help wrote:
Is there anyone that does home schooling in or around paintsville for a high school student or any other alternetive to public public school. is there a private tutor?
What's wrong with public school?
LOW INCOME

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Public education is a money eatting machine with benifits only for the middle to upper income. Ky ranks in the mid 40's of 50 states. Teacher are more interested in having low income children placed on behavior drugs, sent to behavior centers, alternative schools or will just force them out of the school system. If any child is into sports then they are a god in the eyes of the system, although most graduate, even though most had below or failing grades. The money making machine or the state, requires so many students graduate. Answer this question, How many students involved in sports are drug tested in school? Even though it is the school's policy. This person here knows for a fact, that I party with some of those boys and cheerleaders, with booze and pot at one of the players home. So answer this what the hell is right with public schools? People believe everything the school administration tells them about the public school system, go do some research and you will find out on your own.
poor kids

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

So you party with abunch of under age kids.So are you suppling to.It seems that the schools are winning alot of academic awards.And from what i see some of the unruly.disrepectful kid need sedated or kept at home so the others may learn.And as for homes schooling i know several kids that are being home schooled.And they have no people skills and the world will eat them up.
yeah

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

LOW INCOME wrote:
Public education is a money eatting machine with benifits only for the middle to upper income. Ky ranks in the mid 40's of 50 states. Teacher are more interested in having low income children placed on behavior drugs, sent to behavior centers, alternative schools or will just force them out of the school system. If any child is into sports then they are a god in the eyes of the system, although most graduate, even though most had below or failing grades. The money making machine or the state, requires so many students graduate. Answer this question, How many students involved in sports are drug tested in school? Even though it is the school's policy. This person here knows for a fact, that I party with some of those boys and cheerleaders, with booze and pot at one of the players home. So answer this what the hell is right with public schools? People believe everything the school administration tells them about the public school system, go do some research and you will find out on your own.
That may all be true, but that's life. You can put your little precious snowflake into private school to protect him from "teh evil" but you can't wrap him in bubble wrap forever. What are you going to do when he has to go off to college? College is basically everything you mentioned above times ten.

Please don't think that just because a parent is okay with their child's public education they are so naive as to believe that the system is perfect. It's flawed, but so are most systems. The thing is, my kid is going to be pretty well prepared to deal with that when she grows up. Is yours?
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

did not ask for discussion about public schools. just need an answer to my question. i did not say there was anything wrong with public schools, read the question. just need an honest answer.
yeah

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

help wrote:
did not ask for discussion about public schools. just need an answer to my question. i did not say there was anything wrong with public schools, read the question. just need an honest answer.
Posting a topic does not mean you get to dictate what direction the conversation is allowed to take. HTH!
JCH

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

'Help', as you have obviously noticed it's difficult to gather information pertaining to a legitimate question so I'll try to be of some assistance. I'm not aware of any private tutoring in this area, besides of course the traditional home schooling at the parents discretion. Check with the Board of Education to ensure clarification on this subject, as education is of prime concern.
hogg molly

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

LOW INCOME wrote:
my 1st question to you would be do you home school your kids? i know several kids that have been home schooled & most all of them either have very few social skills & most are not very smart because the parents that did the home schooling were either dumber than hell or they mite have looked at a book ten or so minutes a day.there are some things wrong with public schools but i would rather send a kid there than to have one grow up & live in kermit.i am in that area a lot on business & i my guess is there was a lot of home schooling & way to much recess
Space Man

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

LOW INCOME wrote:
When is the last time you took a poop? I guessing it has been weeks.
hogg molly

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

i forgot one other thing, bush really screwed up with the no child left behind because there is always going to be some kids left back.i'm not saying this to be cruel but ask any teacher & they will tell you this. it mite not be because of the child but because of their lack of being pushed by their parents.go up some of the hollows & its generation to generation that doesn't go to school or work because family members have never done any of this again i'm not being a smartass or anything but its true

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 min LMS 16,130
Where is Becky bangudi??? 1 hr surprise 20
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 150,044
Kennilynn dale (Feb '14) 4 hr The other chick 38
meat thieves 4 hr meatman 12
what are oxycodons 5 hr someone 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Curious 130,287
Roundup 5 hr Worse than before 84
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 8 hr Misty Fitch 11,846
Mayor Election 2014 13 hr Right Man 50

Search the Paintsville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Paintsville Jobs