couple missing in johnson
Misty

Lexington, KY

#286 Oct 19, 2012
He needs to be sentenced to death.. And no I dont know the boy and dont want to... I have never seen someone so stupid looking though all I know is they should have let everyone know he wasnt mentally challanged when he was on the news because thats the way I pictured him when I seen him ob the news. Really I didnt think he would be smart enough to fry a egg less on plan a crime sene that wouldnt leave a trace of evidence... But after reading about the checks he cashed and sellin their live stock...There isnt a doubt...
Agree

Logan, WV

#287 Oct 19, 2012
The Truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
They did check that, and cadaver dogs can pick up scent thru dirt, deep dirt. Everyone knows that Willie is a cold hearted murderer who precisely thought everything thru and had probably had it planned out for months, there's no way he would just go and bury those bodies where they could be found. He has probably chopped them up and gotten rid of the pieces carefully. Which is a shame to have to say it like that... And I apologize to any family members that read it.
I agree with you.
beleaver

Chesterfield, MO

#288 Oct 19, 2012
In the Paintsville herald they told of all the bad checks that they wrote on his parents bank account, who would've have done that unless he knew that they were dead.
what

Adams, KY

#289 Oct 19, 2012
The Truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
They did check that, and cadaver dogs can pick up scent thru dirt, deep dirt. Everyone knows that Willie is a cold hearted murderer who precisely thought everything thru and had probably had it planned out for months, there's no way he would just go and bury those bodies where they could be found. He has probably chopped them up and gotten rid of the pieces carefully. Which is a shame to have to say it like that... And I apologize to any family members that read it.
i think i read somewhere they had a sawmill he could have put them through it.
what

Adams, KY

#290 Oct 19, 2012
beleaver wrote:
In the Paintsville herald they told of all the bad checks that they wrote on his parents bank account, who would've have done that unless he knew that they were dead.
i agree.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#291 Oct 19, 2012
hello wrote:
<quoted text>That is great news, thank you for the update. Anything about the girl friend?
the news said she was indicted on 2 counts,but i've yet to see that anywhere on paper.she does have a charge of promoting contraband and flagrant non support.she tried to sneak narcotics in a body cavity in jail i dare not to mention.
concerned too

Whitney, TX

#292 Oct 20, 2012
Sounds like Willie's dealer was giving him a list of stuff to get from walmart to "trade" for his pills. I know where I live druggies will also "buy or steal" items from department stores and then have friends "return" them for cash. A person can only return something once a year (in our area) so, if that's what they did, he had to have more than one person helping him.
Yes, the druggies are very smart at thinking of ways to make their pill money! I am the mother of one and just when i think i am one step ahead of them, i find out about a new scam!! This story has really made me do alot of thinking about my own situation!
Curious George

Van Lear, KY

#293 Oct 20, 2012
Wonder what he did purchase at places where he wrote checks on his parents? Maybe be bought items that could have been used in a murder cover-up. Surely, the police would have investigated to see what was purchased. And have the police confiscated any of Willy or Amanda's clothes or shoes to be tested for blood? I see from newspaper report money was spent at Shoe Show. Or did he bury all this evidence when he had the bulldozer at the property. Hummmmm Maybe I watch to many CSI shows! Condolences and prayers to families of Larry and Sandara.
for sure

Elkview, WV

#294 Oct 20, 2012
I don't know willie, but I will say I know Amanda Fannin. and I wouldn't put anything passed her. If there's a way to make money so she can get her dope. She will do it. I know these 2 are in jail right now. for using his parents checks and takin there meds to get filled. an sellin his parents things. Now i could be wrong. but I doubt I am. If willie is out gettin his parents meds filled, and spending there money. Im sure he knows where they are. Alive or dead. He knows. If they would just sweat Amanda by puttin her in solitare. where she cant get any kind of drug. and keep interviewin her. an not letting her sleep. She would crack. an tell them all she knows. I'd keep her all alone, an every hour go in a interview her, for a few days. She would crack.. Maybe let her start to withdrawl from the drugs real good. then offer her drugs to spill her guts. Im sure she would. she would Sing.. Im sure she has something to do with this.
it might work

Auxier, KY

#295 Oct 20, 2012
I watch a show on TV called Cold Case and they use psychics and criminal profilers to crack their cases.
just in

Martin, KY

#296 Oct 20, 2012
heard they found the bodies in a 50 gal. drum at the lake today
HappyGirl

Martin, KY

#297 Oct 20, 2012
We heard that they found the bodies this morning at the Paintsville Lake. A 50 gallon drum with their bodies in it floated to the surface and someone called it in. It was the Blantons. Sad to say. They stuffed his parents into a damn drum and dumped them at the lake. How cruel. Hope he burns in hell and Amanda Fannin to.
hmmm

United States

#298 Oct 20, 2012
I think this is a rumor.
hope

Washington, DC

#299 Oct 20, 2012
I hope him and his girlfriend burn in hill somebody should do the same e to him and his girlfriend they should be ashamed of their self they need to be put in jail and they shouldn't have a bond to get out on
Joe68

Martin, KY

#300 Oct 20, 2012
hmmm wrote:
I think this is a rumor.
check out the blantons bodies found thread... its no rumor, they found them in the lake, watch the news if u dont believe it, you will see.
Yea

United States

#301 Oct 20, 2012
Joe68 wrote:
<quoted text>
check out the blantons bodies found thread... its no rumor, they found them in the lake, watch the news if u dont believe it, you will see.
What news?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#302 Oct 20, 2012
it isnt true...
no its not

Richmond, KY

#303 Oct 20, 2012
Not true at all.

“I never saw a thing.......”

Since: Apr 11

U.S.A.

#304 Oct 20, 2012
6pm 10/9/12: Couple's Son Arrested on Drug Charges
Couple Still Missing

UPDATE 10/19/12 @ 3:45 p.m.
JOHNSON COUNTY, Ky.(WSAZ)-- A son and girlfriend at the center of the disappearance of his parents have been indicted by a grand jury.

Willie Blanton and Amanda Fanin were indicted in Johnson County. The charges, however, are not directly related to the disappearance of Blanton's parents.

The couple was arraigned on the charges Friday.

Willie Blanton was indicted on the following charges:
Prohibited acts relating to controlled substance
Eight counts of persistent felony offender in the first degree
10 counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree
Intent to defraud/scheme/artifice to obtain benefits under $10,000
Theft by unlawful taking over $500

Amanda Fannin
Promoting contraband in the first degree
Persistent felony offender in the second degree

According to court documents, Blanton used checks belonging to his parents at businesses in the area totaling a little more than $3,100. He is also being charged with stealing cattle and scrap metal from his parents farm.

Larry and Sandra Blanton, Willie's parents, haven't been seen in more than a month. Several search attempts have been made -- but nothing has been found.

Blanton and Fannin are already in jail facing drug charges. They were arrested a week ago as Blanton tried to fill his missing father's pain pill prescription.

If Willie is found guilty of the charges, he could face up to 105 years in jail and up to $210,000 in fines. Fannin could face 1 to 5 years behind bars and up to $10,000 fines.

Blanton and Fannin are scheduled to be back in court on November 16 at 11 a.m. for pre-trial hearings.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
concerned

Winchester, KY

#305 Oct 21, 2012
Law D Doll wrote:
6pm 10/9/12: Couple's Son Arrested on Drug Charges
Couple Still Missing
UPDATE 10/19/12 @ 3:45 p.m.
JOHNSON COUNTY, Ky.(WSAZ)-- A son and girlfriend at the center of the disappearance of his parents have been indicted by a grand jury.
Willie Blanton and Amanda Fanin were indicted in Johnson County. The charges, however, are not directly related to the disappearance of Blanton's parents.
The couple was arraigned on the charges Friday.
Willie Blanton was indicted on the following charges:
Prohibited acts relating to controlled substance
Eight counts of persistent felony offender in the first degree
10 counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree
Intent to defraud/scheme/artifice to obtain benefits under $10,000
Theft by unlawful taking over $500
Amanda Fannin
Promoting contraband in the first degree
Persistent felony offender in the second degree
According to court documents, Blanton used checks belonging to his parents at businesses in the area totaling a little more than $3,100. He is also being charged with stealing cattle and scrap metal from his parents farm.
Larry and Sandra Blanton, Willie's parents, haven't been seen in more than a month. Several search attempts have been made -- but nothing has been found.
Blanton and Fannin are already in jail facing drug charges. They were arrested a week ago as Blanton tried to fill his missing father's pain pill prescription.
If Willie is found guilty of the charges, he could face up to 105 years in jail and up to $210,000 in fines. Fannin could face 1 to 5 years behind bars and up to $10,000 fines.
Blanton and Fannin are scheduled to be back in court on November 16 at 11 a.m. for pre-trial hearings.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Shawna Edward's new man? (Nov '16) 2 hr Waann 72
Another anti sheriff price thread deleted 4 hr no vote 6
Voters make mistake 4 hr no vote 3
what apple day booth are you looking forward to? 4 hr imaginary friends... 38
Donna Sue pooped on herself at work today. 4 hr imaginary friends... 6
mary and toney 4 hr nosed 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr another viewer 168,031

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages