Johnson County Sheriff
she did

Betsy Layne, KY

#122 Jan 13, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
I haven't seen the pictures on Ms Price's Facebook page so I can't comment on them. I am wondering who published the pictures in the newspaper? If the weren't supposed to be released to the public how did they make it to the paper? What were the difference in Ms Price's pictures and the newspaper pictures? Did she have different pictures than the newspaper?
The courts ruled to move the case to another county so I guess she had enough to damage it in Johnson County
Facebook Post

Logan, WV

#123 Jan 13, 2013
Nancy Price
14 minutes ago near Staffordsville
Some of you have asked me about my name being listed in the Big Sandy News in the article about Willie Blanton's current case being moved to Lawrence County. I was named because I had shared WYMT and the JCSO's status' on my wall. I have never commented on the case as I know nothing but I did share info. Several organizations and others were mentioned in the ruling. But it was a chance for the Big Sandy News to print my name or should I say it was a chance for one person with the BSN to print my name.

I am a county girl and I believe my work and actions and actions of others speak for themselves. I also believe a case that is strong and has a strong prosecuting attorney can be won no matter where it is moved.

As far as the photos go. I was on scene for the first search. Not because of Dwayne but because my agency organized the search with the dogs and I was there as an agency rep and to help stage the media. I was not at any further searches as there was no need for me to be.

I have nothing to hide, no reason to lie, and could care less what the BSN says about me. I don't read that paper and only know my name was in it because someone told me.

In my opinion this was also politically motivated to point a finger at the 'sheriff' for his wife posting info on FB. Information that had been on television and in print news. Let's face it, there are those in Johnson County and city of Paintsville that doesn't want Dwayne to succeed or be reelected. They are starting early to try and foster that belief.

I will stand with my hometown newspaper, The Paintsville Herald. They printed the same information but didn't go out of their way to attack any one person...and try to foster a belief that one individual tainted an entire county
she did

Betsy Layne, KY

#124 Jan 13, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> What does FEMA or Emergency Management have to do with cadever dogs? OMG this has to be more of her propaganda of how important she is. I admit this woman is about as aggressive as a pitbull and people will do just about anything to get her out of their face but I seriously doubt she had anything to do with the dogs.......... You know your remarks which is not true demeans her husband the sheriff dont you??????
I think its just about time he is told he is a one term sheriff if he dont shut her up.
Mrs Price works for the state and I think FEMA is a federal agency although she likes to throw the agencys name around a lot.
hmmmmm I say what

Logan, WV

#125 Jan 13, 2013
Let us hear it one more time.
Nancy Price
14 minutes ago near Staffordsville
Some of you have asked me about my name being listed in the Big Sandy News in the article about Willie Blanton's current case being moved to Lawrence County. I was named because I had shared WYMT and the JCSO's status' on my wall. I have never commented on the case as I know nothing but I did share info. Several organizations and others were mentioned in the ruling. But it was a chance for the Big Sandy News to print my name or should I say it was a chance for one person with the BSN to print my name.

I am a county girl and I believe my work and actions and actions of others speak for themselves. I also believe a case that is strong and has a strong prosecuting attorney can be won no matter where it is moved.

As far as the photos go. I was on scene for the first search. Not because of Dwayne but because my agency organized the search with the dogs and I was there as an agency rep and to help stage the media. I was not at any further searches as there was no need for me to be.

I have nothing to hide, no reason to lie, and could care less what the BSN says about me. I don't read that paper and only know my name was in it because someone told me.

In my opinion this was also politically motivated to point a finger at the 'sheriff' for his wife posting info on FB. Information that had been on television and in print news. Let's face it, there are those in Johnson County and city of Paintsville that doesn't want Dwayne to succeed or be reelected. They are starting early to try and foster that belief.

I will stand with my hometown newspaper, The Paintsville Herald. They printed the same information but didn't go out of their way to attack any one person...and try to foster a belief that one individual tainted an entire county
a question

Betsy Layne, KY

#126 Jan 13, 2013
What does KY STATE EMERGENCY MANAAGEMENT have to do with organizing searchs for a crime with dogs?????????? I know what she is saying is BS because its well known what she did with the tornado victims of Johnson County by bringing in WSAZ to ride with a deputy showing they were protecting the people who knew it was in reality it was the National Guards.

Nothing is politically motivated with the exceptions of Mrs Nancy Price promoting herself.

Again she is full of BS
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

#127 Jan 13, 2013
lol any normal person would be embarrassed . hahhaha
hmmmmm I say what

Logan, WV

#128 Jan 13, 2013
city girl

Betsy Layne, KY

#129 Jan 13, 2013
hmmmmm I say what wrote:
http://kyem.ky.gov/training/Pa ges/SARTraining.aspx
LMAO. Thank you Nancy Price I knew you were around. But I don't see where this mentions cadaver dogs in these training classes. lol.

I don't really care what you post or how much you pat your own back. I along with a lot in the city of Paintsville just wishs you would stay out of our city business. You live in the county so keep aggravating the hell out of Tucker Daniels because we all know how much his office loves you. lol
hmmmmm I say what

Logan, WV

#130 Jan 13, 2013
Wondering

West Van Lear, KY

#131 Jan 13, 2013
a question wrote:
What does KY STATE EMERGENCY MANAAGEMENT have to do with organizing searchs for a crime with dogs?????????? I know what she is saying is BS because its well known what she did with the tornado victims of Johnson County by bringing in WSAZ to ride with a deputy showing they were protecting the people who knew it was in reality it was the National Guards.
Nothing is politically motivated with the exceptions of Mrs Nancy Price promoting herself.
Again she is full of BS


Gary McClure was there along with othere EM units. What's the difference.
HILLTOPER

Chapmanville, WV

#132 Jan 13, 2013
Well who the HELL is GARY McCLURE !!!!!! "BIG SHOW"
Tolling

Paintsville, KY

#133 Jan 14, 2013
Nancy you do realize most people know its you when you post and the city shows up as Williamson, WV. I would like to ask since you live in the Foothills area and alway brag about how you want to support local businesses you choose to go with Suddenlink for your internet and tv. I mean come on practice what you preach.
citizens complaint

Louisa, KY

#134 Jan 14, 2013
I have a problem with the statement that the JCSO had a 90% conviction rate when most of the drug roundups and other crimes we see these same people still out dealing drugs and same illegal activities before their so called arrests. I mean when you rob someones home and steal medications and guns and only pay a fine? How can you say that is a conviction???? I hear most times UNITE offers deals to these people to "rat" out others. For this reason I feel UNITE is not helpful to citizens who work for their property and those druggies are getting a smack on the hand. I object to deals being made because so far I dont know of one big time dealer being arrested. Its the little users that keep robbing and causing danger on our highways. So if your conviction rate works then these people would either be in jail or home confinement. I see none of this. Sorry but I feel you need to work with the judges to keep these people you arrest from getting off so easy. Kick UNITE to the curb they are a hindrance in these cases.
hmmmmm I say what

Logan, WV

#135 Jan 14, 2013
Tell me more. I live where?
mis piggie

Pikeville, KY

#137 Jan 14, 2013
i have read all this crap you bill whitten supporter has posted once i voted for bill but the second time i voted for dd and you no what i have found out to be a known fact dd has not ruined every kids life in johnson county the way bill did most kids in johnson county can not work can not vote or do any thing to help thereself or there family because bill whitten tom waytt todd nester and few more deputyes made sure they was out there to get them kids]and just keep runing there names until they found some thing to take them to jail for now if call that a good thing for taxes payer dollar you are crazier than i though and honesty i don't think the crime rate is haft as high now dd is giving young people a chance to get there lives back together i personally think dd has done a better job than bill did all the yrs he was in office.
whoaaaa

Louisa, KY

#138 Jan 14, 2013
mis piggie wrote:
i have read all this crap you bill whitten supporter has posted once i voted for bill but the second time i voted for dd and you no what i have found out to be a known fact dd has not ruined every kids life in johnson county the way bill did most kids in johnson county can not work can not vote or do any thing to help thereself or there family because bill whitten tom waytt todd nester and few more deputyes made sure they was out there to get them kids]and just keep runing there names until they found some thing to take them to jail for now if call that a good thing for taxes payer dollar you are crazier than i though and honesty i don't think the crime rate is haft as high now dd is giving young people a chance to get there lives back together i personally think dd has done a better job than bill did all the yrs he was in office.
YOU DONE WITH YOUR RANT????

First lets me tell you that your full of BS. On the road I live on drugs are rampant and the dealers are not afraid of getting caught. No deputies patroling at night and like it was stated earlier if caught its just a fine. The thefts are up almost doubled and it appears no one in the sheriffs office follows up on complaints about home break ins.

As far as kids go?????? Bill Wittens deputies and and yes even Tom Wyatt has taken more under age kids home than arrested them. I know for a fact because I had a brother that Tom brought home one night and he scared the boy into not getting out without asking my parents permission again. Now get your facts before you run off on your typing on this post.
exactly

Betsy Layne, KY

#139 Jan 14, 2013
whoaaaa wrote:
<quoted text> YOU DONE WITH YOUR RANT????
First lets me tell you that your full of BS. On the road I live on drugs are rampant and the dealers are not afraid of getting caught. No deputies patroling at night and like it was stated earlier if caught its just a fine. The thefts are up almost doubled and it appears no one in the sheriffs office follows up on complaints about home break ins.
As far as kids go?????? Bill Wittens deputies and and yes even Tom Wyatt has taken more under age kids home than arrested them. I know for a fact because I had a brother that Tom brought home one night and he scared the boy into not getting out without asking my parents permission again. Now get your facts before you run off on your typing on this post.
Drug traffic is really at a all time high but not as many arrests. No one is getting arrested and when they do its a small fine and back on the streets, Heck to most dealers that is just a few pills to sell to pay for those. lol
mis piggie

Pikeville, KY

#140 Jan 14, 2013
no you are full of bs and i do no what i am talking about get your self out and ask these kids to see driver lic see how many got them yea ma be hoyie whitten ask dd how much money was in the evidence room or how much drugs i bet it was very little of both i not going to say any thing else but if dd runs he will be reelected and i don't no nancy or dd on a personal level but i will vote for him again.
exactly

Betsy Layne, KY

#141 Jan 14, 2013
mis piggie wrote:
no you are full of bs and i do no what i am talking about get your self out and ask these kids to see driver lic see how many got them yea ma be hoyie whitten ask dd how much money was in the evidence room or how much drugs i bet it was very little of both i not going to say any thing else but if dd runs he will be reelected and i don't no nancy or dd on a personal level but i will vote for him again.
How do you know so much what was in the evidence room?????? I dont think anyone said DD would not win an election but I seriously doubt it the way he is ignoring the people so he can get on TV.. Oh wait I think its his wife that is controling that part of the dept. We dont feel safe having no one out to come to us quickly when we need assistance. I think Bill got rid of a lot in the office because of the untrust he had for the Prices and truthfully I dont blame him. Lots of lies came out in that office after the elction too.
News girl

Chapmanville, WV

#143 Jan 15, 2013
Lets chat about the facts. Fact is johnson county is in the top five for perception pills = more drug dealers than we have ever had = more pill mill doctors than we have had just look on Main Street alone there three in three blocks = more overdoses and overdoes deaths = more theft = more break ins and robings Fact is things where a lot better before DD took office just Stating The Facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min ChromiuMan 170,076
Hire me Paintsville city 42 min Ricky Powell 6
Boyd Branch trouble 5 hr Rog6369 17
Melissa Montgomery 5 hr Handy7648 18
Brian Bush on FB 6 hr I Remember Very Well 18
Vanhoose (Oct '11) 7 hr True 11
Becki Nickell 7 hr Lynn 13

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages