Best Martial Artist in P-Ville

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Shao-Lin

Santa Ana, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2009
Sin The or Shan The [school], who was or is the best in Johnson Co?
still in love

Martin, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2009
Tommy Hitchcock is the best in Karate!
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#3 Aug 23, 2009
still in love wrote:
i beg to differ, Jimmy Porter is "THE MASTER" ;o)
Shao-Lin

Santa Ana, CA

#4 Aug 23, 2009
still in love wrote:
Are you kidding Tommy Hitchcock is a joke, he thinks hes the green Power Ranger. He was a laughing stock at his own class,ask Keith Murray, Wade Preston, Shawn Holbrook, Karl Blair... Tommy has no natural ability, they give anyone a Blackbelt that puts in the time and money...The forum is BEST martial artist, not biggest asshole whos full of himself.
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#5 Aug 23, 2009
Shao-Lin wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding Tommy Hitchcock is a joke, he thinks hes the green Power Ranger. He was a laughing stock at his own class,ask Keith Murray, Wade Preston, Shawn Holbrook, Karl Blair... Tommy has no natural ability, they give anyone a Blackbelt that puts in the time and money...The forum is BEST martial artist, not biggest asshole whos full of himself.
omg i love you...hahaha
MMAFighter

Ransom, KY

#6 Aug 24, 2009
no Karate is any differnt from the other. In a real fight on the street, it will get your ass kicked... I done it for several years, and outside the class, I couldnt fight, because in a real fight their are no rules...thats why I left karate and got into better martial arts...
well

Paintsville, KY

#7 Aug 24, 2009
mui thai, is what I would like to learn.
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#8 Aug 24, 2009
MMAFighter wrote:
no Karate is any differnt from the other. In a real fight on the street, it will get your ass kicked... I done it for several years, and outside the class, I couldnt fight, because in a real fight their are no rules...thats why I left karate and got into better martial arts...
karate is an art....it's not just about fighting....anyone that has taken the class or learned about it would know...and anyone with street smarts knows when it's time to set karate aside and just open up a can of whoop @ss...obviously u learned your lesson the hard way.....LOL....would you care to come to our class so u can be out dumby for the small kids?...lol
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#9 Aug 24, 2009
our*
still in love

Martin, KY

#11 Aug 24, 2009
Shao-Lin wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding Tommy Hitchcock is a joke, he thinks hes the green Power Ranger. He was a laughing stock at his own class,ask Keith Murray, Wade Preston, Shawn Holbrook, Karl Blair... Tommy has no natural ability, they give anyone a Blackbelt that puts in the time and money...The forum is BEST martial artist, not biggest asshole whos full of himself.
You know how good he is, you just can not admit it. He can be my Power Ranger any time. Go, Go Power Rangers!!!!!!!!!!
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#12 Aug 24, 2009
still in love wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how good he is, you just can not admit it. He can be my Power Ranger any time. Go, Go Power Rangers!!!!!!!!!!
looks like u and tommy have the same imaginary friends. so i guess your vote dont count...
Shao-Lin

Santa Ana, CA

#13 Aug 24, 2009
still in love wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I never said he wasnt "any good". Just far and I mean far from the best. Second Shao-Lin Is actualy Kung Fu{Gung Fu} not Karate. Also there are no MMA fighters in Paintsville, KY. Third the forum is BEST MARTIAL ARTIST. You know someone like Wade Preston{he was quick}Or Daniel Johnson that guys kicks are untouchable, plus he still competes and wins everything hes in....
karate mom

Salyersville, KY

#14 Aug 24, 2009
william miller is another good one...he is running neck and neck with jimmy porter
corey spencer

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Aug 25, 2009
are there really not any MMA fighters in paintsville?
still in love

Martin, KY

#16 Aug 25, 2009
karate mom wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like u and tommy have the same imaginary friends. so i guess your vote dont count...
hummm imagine this "f*ck you"!
Gary is cool

Prestonsburg, KY

#17 Aug 25, 2009
Is Gary Mullins still in this area?
MMAFighter

Ransom, KY

#18 Aug 25, 2009
First of all, I wasnt putting down Shao-lin. I just stated it wasnt good for self defence. It is an art form no doubt. Second, their were mma fighters in paintsville, I lived their for 5 years, and competed in mma. im in pike co. now, but I dont fight anymore, I work all the time these days. And if you are looking for a good teacher look up Troy Burchett in Prestonsburg. I got my black belt, and instructors black belt under him. He is a great martial artist, and a great person.
Shao-Lin

Santa Ana, CA

#19 Aug 26, 2009
MMAFighter wrote:
First of all, I wasnt putting down Shao-lin. I just stated it wasnt good for self defence. It is an art form no doubt. Second, their were mma fighters in paintsville, I lived their for 5 years, and competed in mma. im in pike co. now, but I dont fight anymore, I work all the time these days. And if you are looking for a good teacher look up Troy Burchett in Prestonsburg. I got my black belt, and instructors black belt under him. He is a great martial artist, and a great person.
Yea I trained under Samm Hager in Prestonburg. Lets be realistic MMA has disproven any style as being worthy of self defense. However ALL MMA fighters derive there standup game from one style or the other. Simply put these are the principals Bruce Lee was stating over 30 years ago, and that is use what works. Be it a poolstick, or running someone over with your car, thats the underlying principals of JKD. AS far as any classical style, its great for balance in ones life, be it esoteric or phisical. Also Jimmy Porter is under Shan The right? If so hes ok nothing supernatural. Karate mom I recommend you look a little further than your sons tuesday night teacher. The idea of this forum is for people who understand what things like JKD mean, not Ex-girlfriends, or karate moms
good for a laugh

Prestonsburg, KY

#20 Aug 26, 2009
How about the guy who does the "Judy Chop" video on YouTube. It is hilarious.
Diamond Dave

Prestonsburg, KY

#21 Aug 26, 2009
Never ninjy chop ye' dog!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min ChromiuMan 148,362
Oil change,beautiful day, and beautiful you I m... 1 hr ricky 1
Is John Preston A Good Judge? 3 hr Curious 4
Last post wins (Nov '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 23,950
suicide at Paintsville lake spill way (Apr '15) 6 hr Whocares 27
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 16 hr Alex Nicole 16,305
Lets talk bout donggers 17 hr Eat Skeet Eveyday 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages