Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,865

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94783 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your religion have been killed by giving them a blood transfusion in rejecting a clear command from the Holy Scriptures Acts 15:28,29? Do some research on your own!
Dangit.. I can't tell you how many times I've had a guilty conscience from snacking on my idol sacrifices. I just can't seem to help myself. Maybe it's just me, but it really seems to taste better than a Whopper(R) with cheese combo. Healthier, too.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94784 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall Spanish
1545 W 3rd Ave, Hialeah, FL
That is to accomodate our Spanish brothers who speak Spanish. At the Kingdom Hall I attend we have 3 English 3 Spanish and 1 French but that has absolutely nothing to do with segregation! We also have a Russian Congregation in New Youk City etc.

You seem to be 'nit picking' just trying to find fault and do not know what you are talking about. The Pharisees did the same thing with Jesus and his followers.
Grey Boxer

London, KY

#94785 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to accomodate our Spanish brothers who speak Spanish. At the Kingdom Hall I attend we have 3 English 3 Spanish and 1 French but that has absolutely nothing to do with segregation! We also have a Russian Congregation in New Youk City etc.
You seem to be 'nit picking' just trying to find fault and do not know what you are talking about. The Pharisees did the same thing with Jesus and his followers.
So what about the failed generation prophesy? How did they go about changing that when for years they taught that "millions now living will never die"?
Ann

Dahlonega, GA

#94788 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The nurse comes in with several pint glasses of blood and tells you to drink it all. Yuck you would never do that. Now explain the difference!

Blood isn't intended to be ingested in this manner. The best way to explain the difference is by analogy:

Let's say you had a terrible case of hemorrhoids and the nurse told you that, instead of inserting a suppository into your rectum, she told you to suck on it. Yuck. You would never do that.

It's faulty to suggest that Jehova's Witnesses decline blood transfusions because it's comparable to drinking blood. That's insulting to practicing Jehova's Witnesses.

It's also faulty to suggest that the reason behind declining blood transfusions is related to the threat of HIV, STDs, etc... It goes much deeper than that.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94789 Feb 7, 2013
YOU WILL FIND A DESCRIPTION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, It is found unintentionally in a Bluegrass song.
Check out http://www.bluegrassonthetube.com/page682.htm... . It is very cool! The video is called 'If I Were Your Brother'

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94790 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Why nitpick when there is such a plethora of more substantial observations to address?
You just compared GWB to the pharisees and yourself to Jesus.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94791 Feb 7, 2013
My wife and I studied the Bible with a lady who became a Jehovah's Witness and after awhile she said," If they just knew what we have they would flock to us like bees to honey"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94792 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
My wife and I studied the Bible with a lady who became a Jehovah's Witness and after awhile she said," If they just knew what we have they would flock to us like bees to honey"
Depending on who "they" might be...

Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94793 Feb 7, 2013
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood isn't intended to be ingested in this manner. The best way to explain the difference is by analogy:
Let's say you had a terrible case of hemorrhoids and the nurse told you that, instead of inserting a suppository into your rectum, she told you to suck on it. Yuck. You would never do that.
It's faulty to suggest that Jehova's Witnesses decline blood transfusions because it's comparable to drinking blood. That's insulting to practicing Jehova's Witnesses.
It's also faulty to suggest that the reason behind declining blood transfusions is related to the threat of HIV, STDs, etc... It goes much deeper than that.
Blood is dangerous medicine but you are correct, the main reason is because Jehovah forbids the injesting of blood either way! Acts 15:28,29 28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”
I want to call your attention to the fact that the inspired Scriptures put the misuse of blood in bad company, things sacrificed to idols and fornication! You may as well worship idols or be a prostitute as to take blood! Not a happy thought is it?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94794 Feb 7, 2013
(cont) BLOOD
I want to call your attention to the fact that the HOLY SPIRIT was involved with making that decision. So taking blood is going against the holy spirit.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94795 Feb 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on who "they" might be...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tXsxvdF481IXX
I suppose she was referring to anybody in general who is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses but think they know SO much about us!
so true

Morgantown, KY

#94796 Feb 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Who on here hasn't been led in the wrong direction by our hearts, and desires?
No sin is worse than another...
Loving the Creator of this world, and the space it flies through.
Has given us the Big Ten, and Jesus narrowed it down
to really two..
Love God, and Love yer neighbor...
The Heavens declair His Glory, If one is awake, you
cannot deny that ALL this just didn't happen on it's own!
The Lord has proven Himself to me... I surely would not
be here IF He did not exist, and He told me, that He was always
there, and it was I who walked away from Him... I did!
But I think I would not have been stronger If
I didn't go through all I did!
Cannot a drunk tell you better the evils of getting drunk?
I'm not saying that a glass of whatever will keep you out
of heaven, but making it your 'god' will, and being a drunk,
you've clearly made drink your god!
I think the mind plants the seed of sin, if one thinks upon it,
and then it grows in your heart to do so...
Your heart would find a way to justify (deceive) you into
thinking it's a 'Good' idea to do whatever...
I find it would be Extremely hard for one to truly know God is real
to 'want' to sin again...
I know... I'm Rambling on.... You have a Great, and Blessed day :-)
Thanks , I enjoyed your rambling...

“Pulmonary Hypertension aware”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#94797 Feb 7, 2013
so true wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks , I enjoyed your rambling...
how is it that if we disagree with christians we are wrong but you can feel free to try to bully us into your belief. How is that right. The Goddess has never let me down why would i abandon her

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94798 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose she was referring to anybody in general who is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses but think they know SO much about us!
You haven't been helping your case. If you want to SPAM people with how great your cult/sect/denomination/religio n is, put on a suit or a sandwich board and go hand out flyers in front of K-Mart.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#94799 Feb 7, 2013
No harm to you in any way. I tend to bully noone. To you and whoever you serve, much kindness to you and nothing more. I had questions , and was just looking for answer day to day. You may be a lost angel, but I also know what lost is.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94800 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
(cont) BLOOD
I want to call your attention to the fact that the HOLY SPIRIT was involved with making that decision. So taking blood is going against the holy spirit.
...ALLEGEDLY involved with making that decision - and HEAVILY INTERPRETED by JW church elders.

I want to point out THAT is not in the scripture you cited. There are NO references to human sacrificial blood, cannibalism or blood transfusions in Acts. Consumption of animal blood as a food is IN NO WAY comparable to a medical procedure, and according to most Christians, Jesus HIMSELF lifted the dietary restrictions as well as the need for/practice of animal sacrifices.
Or are you inferring that JWs secretly practice sacrifices to idols...?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94801 Feb 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...ALLEGEDLY involved with making that decision - and HEAVILY INTERPRETED by JW church elders.
I want to point out THAT is not in the scripture you cited. There are NO references to human sacrificial blood, cannibalism or blood transfusions in Acts. Consumption of animal blood as a food is IN NO WAY comparable to a medical procedure, and according to most Christians, Jesus HIMSELF lifted the dietary restrictions as well as the need for/practice of animal sacrifices.
Or are you inferring that JWs secretly practice sacrifices to idols...?
In the Bible if animal blood was forbidden how much more would that apply to Human Blood?

What does the word 'abstain' mean?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94802 Feb 7, 2013
See Acts 15:28,29
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94803 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying they are border jumpers and cannot speak English? You claimed no segregation period. You readily jump to false statements and then resort to name calling when your statements are found to be false and deflect from your own lack of integrity.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94804 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
(cont) BLOOD
There is no forgiveness for sinning against the holy spirit. So did any converts confess having blood transfusions before becoming a JW?

I see that sinning against the holy spirit and then unsinning it is determined by the watchtower leaders.

1967:“Is there any Scriptural objection to donating one’s body for use in medical research or to accepting organs for transplant from such a source? another human. That is cannibalistic. However, in allowing man to eat animal flesh Jehovah God did not grant permission for humans to try to perpetuate their lives by cannibalistically taking into their bodies human flesh, whether chewed or in the form of whole organs or body parts taken from others.…

Now you can have the transplant, because the watchtower has un-sinned it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Shelton 16 min Hey 2
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 52 min Misty Fitch 12,685
Mark Minix and Amy Sammons 6 mo affair 1 hr truth 30
Last post wins (Nov '10) 1 hr - - TRIPWIRE - - 21,099
Greg Swartz is a child rapist 2 hr State facts 12
The Pharmacy 3 hr Doobie 1
Is there any Decent SINGLE woman in Paintsville 3 hr someo 26
Johnson county teachers on meth 7 hr Keep it real 21
tom salyers and jo.county schools 14 hr Ill Pay 11
Timmy Baldwin meth arrest 22 hr Misty Fitch 5