|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

........ Very interesting

I'm going to dinner now.

Maybe I'll tabulate later, but if I have too many margaritas maybe I'll wait until morning.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

First, let me say thank you for participating. After the mass murder in CT I felt the need to educate myself on the gun issue and did a lot of reading and reflection. I was trying to wrap my head around it. We all here had some emotional exchanges and I was really interested what the locals (I'll call you HB) thought about it. I was also curious what others in the country thought too (I'll call us OP). Xmas I had some spare time (no one ever invited me over..sigh) so I started thinking how I could engage you in a different way on the topic, rather than just arguing. I devised this poll. It is NOT scientific and take it for what it's worth, but I do think the results are interesting, and I did learn some things. I hope you do too. Fortunately a couple days ago I ran across an article where Gallop did a poll, and I used their questions, as close to them as I could. The poll link is below. So, here I list the Gallup poll (OP) with our poll (HB), and compare the results:
Local voters= HB Gallup voters= OP
Should we strengthen gun laws? Yes (HB)= 70%(OP)= 58%
Ban semi-auto weapons? Yes (HB)= 61%(OP)= 44%
Background checks at gun shows? Yes (HB)= 88%(OP)= 92%
Ban Handguns? Yes (HB)= 23%(OP)= 26%
There were a total of 115 votes as of 10PM EST. I think this is marvelous. I assume everyone only voted once, and the voters were locals (big assumptions I know).
But, what stands out to me are 3 things:
1. Local voters tend to be MORE strict on the issues of strengthening gun laws and banning semi-automatic weapons
2. Local voters feel exactly like the rest of the country on the issues of background checks & handguns.
3. Nearly everyone wants to strengthen background checks at gun shows.
This is an extremely emotional issue. Most posters (if not all) took the side of the NRA, but many voters locally tended toward to better gun control. I have kept out of the conversation, and will leave it to you to discuss these results for now. I of course have strong opinions, and will voice them once the discussion starts again. But I'm pretty impressed by what I see here.
Thanks again for participating, I knew I could count on you!
chumps :)
Here's the Gallup poll:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/americans-s...
are you serious

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

My attention span is as short as my d%ck.
Not going to read all that.

“paintsville”

Since: Dec 12

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Again, I just have to reiterate ; NG your pol taking skills SUCK !!! ROTFFLMAO !
Der

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

TL;DR

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Der wrote:
TL;DR
Waaaht?
kristy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Again, the Poll Troll has managed to out do herself.

I think this is the biggest egg laid on here ever.

:> Ha ha ha ha :>
kristy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
........ Very interesting
I'm going to dinner now.
Maybe I'll tabulate later, but if I have too many margaritas maybe I'll wait until morning.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha!!!

ROFFLMAO!!!
El Conquistador

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Bottom Line

Americans favor new legislation to limit gun sales, presumably to help prevent the kind of gun violence that became all too familiar in 2012. This is seen in increased support for making the laws covering the sale of firearms more strict, and for passing new gun laws. However, views toward banning semi-automatic guns or assault rifles are unchanged, and -- possibly reflecting Americans' desire to defend themselves given the rash of high-profile gun violence -- a record-high 74% oppose preventing anyone but the police or other authorized officials from owning a handgun.

No real surprises... Both polls were conducted relatively soon after very high profile and emotional incidents. Americans WANT new legislation, but there are so many who are willing to just LET " fire arms ignorant" people ( Feinstein) be the one's to propose them.

I am pleased to see that views of any banning are basically unchanged and the opposition of preventing ownership of a handgun has gone to a record high AGAINST IT.

America needs SMART LEGISLATION and SMART ENFORCEMENT.

Most of ALL my fellow Americans... Exercise your RIGHTS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

El Conquistador wrote:
Bottom Line
Americans favor new legislation to limit gun sales, presumably to help prevent the kind of gun violence that became all too familiar in 2012. This is seen in increased support for making the laws covering the sale of firearms more strict, and for passing new gun laws. However, views toward banning semi-automatic guns or assault rifles are unchanged, and -- possibly reflecting Americans' desire to defend themselves given the rash of high-profile gun violence -- a record-high 74% oppose preventing anyone but the police or other authorized officials from owning a handgun.
No real surprises... Both polls were conducted relatively soon after very high profile and emotional incidents. Americans WANT new legislation, but there are so many who are willing to just LET " fire arms ignorant" people ( Feinstein) be the one's to propose them.
I am pleased to see that views of any banning are basically unchanged and the opposition of preventing ownership of a handgun has gone to a record high AGAINST IT.
America needs SMART LEGISLATION and SMART ENFORCEMENT.
Most of ALL my fellow Americans... Exercise your RIGHTS.
El dudo....right on cue..

Thanks

anyone else?

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

First, let me say thank you for participating. After the mass murder in CT I felt the need to educate myself on the gun issue and did a lot of reading and reflection. I was trying to wrap my head around it. We all here had some emotional exchanges and I was really interested what the locals (I'll call you HB) thought about it. I was also curious what others in the country thought too (I'll call us OP). Xmas I had some spare time (no one ever invited me over..sigh) so I started thinking how I could engage you in a different way on the topic, rather than just arguing. I devised this poll. It is NOT scientific and take it for what it's worth, but I do think the results are interesting, and I did learn some things. I hope you do too. Fortunately a couple days ago I ran across an article where Gallop did a poll, and I used their questions, as close to them as I could. The poll link is below. So, here I list the Gallup poll (OP) with our poll (HB), and compare the results:
Local voters= HB Gallup voters= OP
Should we strengthen gun laws? Yes (HB)= 70%(OP)= 58%
Ban semi-auto weapons? Yes (HB)= 61%(OP)= 44%
Background checks at gun shows? Yes (HB)= 88%(OP)= 92%
Ban Handguns? Yes (HB)= 23%(OP)= 26%
There were a total of 115 votes as of 10PM EST. I think this is marvelous. I assume everyone only voted once, and the voters were locals (big assumptions I know).
But, what stands out to me are 3 things:
1. Local voters tend to be MORE strict on the issues of strengthening gun laws and banning semi-automatic weapons
2. Local voters feel exactly like the rest of the country on the issues of background checks & handguns.
3. Nearly everyone wants to strengthen background checks at gun shows.
This is an extremely emotional issue. Most posters (if not all) took the side of the NRA, but many voters locally tended toward to better gun control. I have kept out of the conversation, and will leave it to you to discuss these results for now. I of course have strong opinions, and will voice them once the discussion starts again. But I'm pretty impressed by what I see here.
Thanks again for participating, I knew I could count on you!
chumps :)
Here's the Gallup poll:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/americans-s...
GEE, I wonder why nobody invited you over at Christmas Poll Troll? I mean, there were parties everywhere Poll Troll I just can't imagine why nobody wanted you to attend their party. SHEESH !

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Excuse me Poll Troll but, shouldn't you close your polls since you announced the results were in? I know you are loving the attention but, normally when one takes polls they close the voting on those polls, tabulate those votes and then announce the results. As many people have said " your poll taking sucks, Poll Troll". You are laughable Poll Troll.

“So Sweet ;)”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Fradoferduchy wrote:
Excuse me Poll Troll but, shouldn't you close your polls since you announced the results were in? I know you are loving the attention but, normally when one takes polls they close the voting on those polls, tabulate those votes and then announce the results. As many people have said " your poll taking sucks, Poll Troll". You are laughable Poll Troll.
She's lonely and in need of some TLC, just kill her with kindness.
New Girls Boss

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
El dudo....right on cue..
Thanks
anyone else?
Stop messing with the Hillbillies and get to work!

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

It's Sunday Poll Troll. Do you work on Sunday too. Your post would have been more believable had you waited until tomorrow to post a message from your boss. Duuuuhhhh!

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

O.K CB, Uh huh , yeah boy. Sure will! That's a yeper :)

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

If a person lives somewhere for a year and has no friends and they have to get on Topix for their human interaction, wouldn't being kind and friendly be the intelligent thing to do instead of insulting the looks, intelligence level, the way the people smell and anything else Poll Troll could think of to insult us with? And, don't get me started on the fact that Poll Troll got on here and posted that she was lonely and nobody invited her over for Christmas. Well DUH! Who in their right mind would invite a person over who posts everything she does on Topix and is so nasty to the locals to boot.

“paintsville”

Paintsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

New Girls Boss wrote:
<quoted text>Stop messing with the Hillbillies and get to work!
Poll Troll do you really expect us to believe that a manager or higher up in a company would be ignorant enough to get on here and call the people Hillbillies. This post is something only someone as ignorant as you are would do. Sheesh Poll Troll, I'm sure you can do better if you strain your brain hard enough. CHUMP:<
New Girls Boss

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

OMG, you were not joking, these hill jacks are what you said. Get the data to me asap, we are going to publish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Fradoferduchy wrote:
This post is absolutely incredible. What about "Results are in" don't you understand? And did you actually read my posts above, or is the 4th grade writing above your comprehension?

Congratulations, you have affirmed my contention that hillbillies are the stupidest people in the country if not the world. You, and you alone are responsible for showing what you, your cousins, your sister-spouse, daddy, and holler-buddies are capable of...In fact, you have denigrated yourself so much by the 25 minutes it took you to formulate this post that it reflects on all the other redneck hillbilly posters on Topix. You should be so proud that the crapola you have just written, which is so inane, ill-conceived, and downright dumb, that it brings down your brethren down to your level. You have shown proof-positive how stupid you and other hillbillies are. This is the most illiterate, lortab-laden, toothless, bad tattoo drivel that anyone could ever write. You are a stoopid mother-f(c)er!

Now, you should be aware that your hillbilly cousins won't be coming to your defense on this..if they do, they are more cretin than you.

Oh, btw, thanks for voting..

Chump.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Paintsville Forum right now

Search the Paintsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min RepubliCons 144,685
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min Khatru 127,850
Country Road Mart 54 min Heard 2
Last post wins (Nov '10) 1 hr Wabbit 20,442
deirdra robinson 3 hr Huh 33
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr only me 16,114
Johnson County Democrats 3 hr Susie Q 50
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paintsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE