Farm bureau or State Farm?

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
citizen

Logan, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2012
I have neither and am Looking to switch. These 2 companies have a great reputations for rates and service but which should I choose? I'm very OCD about these things
Not that one

Sitka, KY

#2 Jan 16, 2012
Def. not Farm Bureau.....they only protect themselves!!!!
mr green

Georgetown, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2012
NOT STATE FARM! WAY TOO HIGH!
Go with GEICO...15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance. I saved about 50%!!
Anon

Paintsville, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2012
I had grange, it kept raising every month or two. I have a clean record.

I check with State farm and they wanred $500 a month, grange started at $210 and when I swapped (2 years later) it was at $235 with a clean record, yet it was going up.

I switched to geico and it dropped to $180, then $160 and then after I turned 25 and got married it dropped to $130.

A truck and a SUV both full coverage,$130. Can't be beat.
night

Lebanon, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2012
...even a caveman can do it.
now have all state

Hagerhill, KY

#6 Jul 6, 2012
citizen wrote:
I have neither and am Looking to switch. These 2 companies have a great reputations for rates and service but which should I choose? I'm very OCD about these things
I had farm bureau for 27 years and now switched because greg meade is a crook never had a accident all those years and it raised all the time. about 3 weeks ago my wife got hit from behind and those clowns wanted our insurance to pay. and the other driver had insurance too not her fault and it still made her insurance raised well all i can say is goodbye to 3 policies for them good riddens.got a policy from allstate better coverage and 500.00 dollars cheaper every 6 months and im not even on a rammen noodle budget
misb5

Richmond, KY

#7 Jul 6, 2012
We have had farm bureau for a lot of years , But I would not recommend them . State farm would be my recomendation . When rates go up it dont matter where you have insurance .
well

Paintsville, KY

#8 Jul 6, 2012
which ons has chandra that works there nice rack and ass!!
OMG

Betsy Layne, KY

#9 Jul 6, 2012
Do not use STATE FARM... My parents have state farm and was hit with the tornado..... they have struggled with trying to get their home fixed and insurance is still slow paying and its 4 months. Farm Bureau may be slow but STATE FARM is a no show. They told my parents they have up to 2 years to pay... I think they didnt pay off in New Orleans during Katrina..

NightLily

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10 Jul 6, 2012
I have F.B. and have had a clean record all my life. I recently got a quote from State Farm for the exact same amount of coverage for my truck (full coverage) and it was just slightly over double what I am paying yearly at Farm Bureau. The Ins. Rep. at S. F. even apologized lol. I also know of many people who had their fist wreck with State Farm and then received a letter of cancellation shortly there after.
About time

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2012
Had kfb for years, switched to state farm. They raised rates so I switched to geico, pay $1400 a year, full coverage on SUV and full size truck.

NightLily

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 Jul 7, 2012
Geico must have an unusual rate table based on location or something because they were always so much higher than any other quote I ever requested from any other insurance company. Beside I like t be able to walk into the office and get my hands on an agent if needs be. Guess I'm just old fashion but Farm Bureau has saved me money on my truck insurance lol not Geico!
misb5

Richmond, KY

#13 Jul 7, 2012
My Nephew had his roof torn off by the tornado and State Farm payed about 3 days later .
doubt if true

Betsy Layne, KY

#14 Jul 7, 2012
misb5 wrote:
My Nephew had his roof torn off by the tornado and State Farm payed about 3 days later .
State Farm did not have any adjusters in the area after march 2 till 3 weeks later. then it was late in april for anyone to get a partial payment for damages. they do not pay up front sorry i doubt your story is true.
misb5

Richmond, KY

#15 Jul 8, 2012
I really don't care what you think a very short time later he had a check .
misb5

Richmond, KY

#16 Jul 8, 2012
We have had farm bureau for a very long time . We have not had an accident or ticket in a very long time . But I can tell you they are not on you side my husband got tboned by a county truck it was very fogy and the truck did not have its lights on He di not see it till it was too late . But it was decide it was his fought . He called his agent and there was no help . They pretty much told him he was on his own . He did not have full coverage so they did not care . Buy the way my husband had his lights on and the county worker was not drug tested . Had the agent stepped in he would have been I and pretty sure and the pickup he was driving was white .
About time

United States

#17 Jul 8, 2012
How is it kfb's fault your husband had liability insurance and pulled out in front of someone? You had liability insurance, that only pays for the other vehicle. It also has nothing to do with the insurance company if the other driver was drug tested, that is up to the law enforcement who worked the accident and the drivers employer.
john

Lebanon, KY

#18 Jul 8, 2012
all insurance companies charge too much and if you have a claim you are labeled so they raise your rates. if you try to get insurance somewhere else it is even higher. it should be against the law for them to ask if you have had a claim. the state mandates everyone have insurance which is great but they need to go further and not let the insurance companies over charge costomers. the insurance companies dont realize how much trouble it is to have a claim. you never get enough to fix what was damaged and then when you do fix it, it loses value because it has been damaged. then you have all the hassale with the insurance companies. they treat everyone like a crook and i know some people abuses it but not everyone. i hope i never have another claim. i hope my stuff never gets torn up. but if it does that is what i pay insurance for. its not like i am acking them to fix it for free!!! wake up insurance companies and agents where would you be without your costomers. quit trying to make such large profits and treat people right. i hat to go to my agents office just to pay a bill. its a shame you have to feel this way.
misb5

Richmond, KY

#20 Jul 9, 2012
About time wrote:
How is it kfb's fault your husband had liability insurance and pulled out in front of someone? You had liability insurance, that only pays for the other vehicle. It also has nothing to do with the insurance company if the other driver was drug tested, that is up to the law enforcement who worked the accident and the drivers employer.
He did not have his lights on he was driving a white truck it was very fogy . My husband said he acted drunk when he got out . Had he had his lights on he would have been seen .
About time

United States

#21 Jul 9, 2012
I understand you feel jaded but there was nothing an insurance agent could have done for you. Law enforcement is solely responsible for assigning blame and determining need for drug/alcohol testing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan 7 min haha 3
Nancy Price Ordained to marry Gays. 23 min sthu 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min IND 171,879
Sheriff says crime has gone down in JC LMAO 57 min stop it 118
Change a Letter Game (Nov '10) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 7,055
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 12,787
Angies Cast Iron Grill 2 hr when 23

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance