Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,776

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Cinnamon Girl

Jenkins, KY

#67999 Aug 27, 2012
Hempburn, I saw a big hawk in a nearby tree and as I watched, it cocked it's head and looked in our overgrown field, dove into the weeds and came up with a big snake in it's talons. It was way cool to see. I almost applauded.

For the rest of you bird lovers:(hope the link works!) you may have to paste it into your browser.

< http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf... ; .
Bird Lover

Nashville, TN

#68000 Aug 27, 2012
Thanks Cinnamon Girl for the awesome video. Hello to lala, Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, our Malachi. Sure miss our great thread we had going before the troll invasion. Hope you are all doing fine. I don't have time for their nonsense anymore. Have a great day!
Bird Lover

Nashville, TN

#68001 Aug 27, 2012
Oh yeah, flying birds from both hands to you sick, perverted unatrolls from Scottsville. Have a lousy day, hope the birds crap on everything you have, and you as well. lol
Wow

London, KY

#68002 Aug 27, 2012
This must be a record post for such a mediocre topic. Why not start a new topic. Why this is still up remains a mystery. A lot are probably like me, just curious. Over sixty thousand posts.. Wow.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68003 Aug 27, 2012
Malachi wrote:
Earthquake swarm puts California town on edge
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/26/2311810/a-...
BRAWLEY, Calif. A series of small to moderate earthquakes that shattered windows and knocked trailer homes off their foundations is putting this small farming town east of San Diego on edge as they continue to feel jolts that scientists said could last for days.The largest quake, registered at a magnitude 5.5, struck at 1:57 p.m. Sunday and was centered about three miles northwest of Brawley, said Robert Graves, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey. Another quake about an hour and a half earlier registered at magnitude 5.3.No injuries were reported.More than 30 additional earthquakes with magnitudes of at least 3.5 shook the same area near the southern end of the Salton Sea, Graves said."The type of activity that we're seeing could possibly continue for several hours or even days," Graves said.The quakes pushed 20 mobile homes at a trailer park off their foundations and rendered them inhabitable, said Maria Peinado, a spokeswoman for the Imperial County Emergency Operations Center. A red-tiled roof apparently collapsed and landed on a wooden fence.Sporadic power outages, at one point affecting 2,500 Imperial Irrigation District customers, also prompted authorities to evacuate 49 patients from one of the county's two hospitals, Peinado said. Police also received numerous calls about gas leaks and water line breaks.By late Sunday, a magnitude-5.1 quake followed by several more with magnitudes of at least 4.0 shook the area."It's not uncommon for us to have earthquakes out here, but at this frequency and at this magnitude it's fairly unusual," said George Nava, the mayor of Brawley, a town of 25,000."And the fact that the aftershocks keep coming are a little alarming," he said.At the El Sol Market, food packages fell from shelves and littered the aisles."It felt like there was quake every 15 minutes. One after another. My kids are small and they're scared and don't want to come back inside," said Mike Patel, who manages Townhouse Inn & Suites.A TV came crashing down and a few light fixtures broke inside the motel, Patel said.The first quake, with a magnitude of 3.9, occurred at 10:02 a.m. The USGS said more than 300 aftershocks struck the same approximate epicenter.Some shaking was felt along the San Diego County coast in Del Mar, some 120 miles from the epicenter, as well as in southwestern Arizona and parts of northern Mexico.USGS seismologist Lucy Jones said earthquake swarms are characteristic of the region, known as the Brawley Seismic Zone."The area sees lots of events at once, with many close to the largest magnitude, rather than one main shock with several much smaller aftershocks," Jones said.The last major swarm was in 2005, following a magnitude-5.1 quake, she said.Sunday's quake cluster occurred in what scientists call a transition zone between the Imperial and San Andreas faults, so they weren't assigning the earthquakes to either fault, Graves said.
Hopefully the link will take you to the correct page. If you're interested scroll down to the video of the family. In four minutes they get shook up four times. The poor dog just wants out of the house

http://earthquake-report.com/2012/08/26/power...
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#68004 Aug 27, 2012
Cinnamon Girl wrote:
Hempburn, I saw a big hawk in a nearby tree and as I watched, it cocked it's head and looked in our overgrown field, dove into the weeds and came up with a big snake in it's talons. It was way cool to see. I almost applauded.
For the rest of you bird lovers:(hope the link works!) you may have to paste it into your browser.
< http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf... ; .
Hey Cinnamon Girl. I have read a bunch on hawks and there is a lot of misinformation out there on them on the net,..Warner nature center claims a hawk can see a mouse 1oo from 100 ft. Well we know thats wrong, awrefuge claims they can see on from 1/2 mile, birdhouses101 says from a mile, and I find several such as rockfishsantuary claiming it see a mouse from 2 miles. I guess the only thing we can agree on, is they can see one pretty far. Thanks CG,, have a good one.
birdwatcher

United States

#68005 Aug 27, 2012
We can't have anymore birds die, we need them to eat the bugs.
Carlotta Fords

Erlanger, KY

#68006 Aug 27, 2012
May the bird of paradise fly up your a55.

Scotts Vegas

#68007 Aug 27, 2012
Something I found interesting. This person made an accurate earthquake prediction.

&fe ature=related

I found the proof that he did.

Komsomolsk-na-Amure - A small bumpiness on the floors above the 5th
USGS Sea Of Okhotsk Aug 14 02:59 AM 7.3 582.1 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Sea Of Okhotsk Aug 14 02:59 AM 7.7 572.0 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Sea Of Okhotsk Aug 14 02:59 AM 7.7 611.0 MAP I Felt It
USGS Sea Of Okhotsk Aug 14 02:58 AM 7.3 582.0 MAP I Felt It
EMSC South Sandwich Islands Region

Scotts Vegas

#68008 Aug 27, 2012
I thought I would post that. I just checked out the guys' video predicting a major earthquake per planet alignment.

And sure enough on the day he predicted, usgs logged a 7.7...Eight months after he made the prediction.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68009 Aug 27, 2012
Hi Everyone

“The only good bird...”

Is a dead bird

#68010 Aug 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning. Humpaburn here. I watched a red tailed hawk snatch a small field(glad someone corrected my spelling)mouse,,,,,yesterday, bad for the mouse but good for the hawk. It soared from a branch some hundred yards and landed on top the poor bugger, then flew off with his meal. I eat buggers sometimes,,,wonder if a field mouse tastes good? Oh well. Hawks are one of my favorite birds. I don't know if this was the same red tailed hawk that swooped down and snatched my pink bunny house slippers off my feet or not. I don't like that one.
I guess I like Buzzards next best. I lay out in a field for three days playing dead trying to buck a Fuzzard one time,,,,,all I got was,,,,fleas,,ticks, chiggers, a field mouse up my pant leg and attacked by fire ants. Dang it.
While getting my morning exercise in the woods,,,,,I've been seeing this gray kind of egg shaped thing hanging on a tree limb. There are a few bugs buzzing around it,,,,they must think it's some kind of light or something. Next time I go there,,,,I'm going to throw rocks at it to see if it breaks.
All you good folks have a nice day,,,,,,,,,that red tailed hawk that stole my pink bunny house slippers,,,,not so much. Humpaburn out.
I cant breath, I cant see. My sides hurt. I think you delivered a lethal dose of humor with that Great One!
OMG that was funny! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
The Great One is a Genius! UNA UNA UNA

“The only good bird...”

Is a dead bird

#68011 Aug 27, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Hi Everyone
Hi Mam.
I think the Great One is the smartest man alive. How can one person have so much kewl? Una was born with ten times the normal amount of kewl. Isn't he just the greatest? He is the Chuck Norris of the threads.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68012 Aug 27, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Hi Everyone
Hi Miss E.
ill bred irk

Clay City, KY

#68013 Aug 27, 2012
Bird Killer wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Mam.
I think the Great One is the smartest man alive. How can one person have so much kewl? Una was born with ten times the normal amount of kewl. Isn't he just the greatest? He is the Chuck Norris of the threads.
Have you heard about the lonesome loser?
shhh listen

Clay City, KY

#68014 Aug 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning. Humpaburn here. I watched a red tailed hawk snatch a small field(glad someone corrected my spelling)mouse,,,,,yesterday, bad for the mouse but good for the hawk. It soared from a branch some hundred yards and landed on top the poor bugger, then flew off with his meal. I eat buggers sometimes,,,wonder if a field mouse tastes good? Oh well. Hawks are one of my favorite birds. I don't know if this was the same red tailed hawk that swooped down and snatched my pink bunny house slippers off my feet or not. I don't like that one.
I guess I like Buzzards next best. I lay out in a field for three days playing dead trying to buck a Fuzzard one time,,,,,all I got was,,,,fleas,,ticks, chiggers, a field mouse up my pant leg and attacked by fire ants. Dang it.
While getting my morning exercise in the woods,,,,,I've been seeing this gray kind of egg shaped thing hanging on a tree limb. There are a few bugs buzzing around it,,,,they must think it's some kind of light or something. Next time I go there,,,,I'm going to throw rocks at it to see if it breaks.
All you good folks have a nice day,,,,,,,,,that red tailed hawk that stole my pink bunny house slippers,,,,not so much. Humpaburn out.

can you hear it?
lol

Somerset, KY

#68015 Aug 27, 2012
lol
papaderp

Evansville, IN

#68016 Aug 27, 2012

Location hidden

#68017 Aug 27, 2012
Hi boys
Hi roaming
As Una's former nanny, I am aware of his amazingness --- I appreciate his unique style and flare. I hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine was stressful/crazy/busy a.k.a. Another day at the office
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#68018 Aug 27, 2012
Good Monday to you all. Hope it has been a good one. Tonight as you hold the one you love,, tell them you love them and dont take them for granted. Time goes by to quick and you may not have the next day to make it all better. Life is short , let's love and live it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change a Letter Game (Nov '10) 3 min 40ish 6,366
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Mike Duquette 133,378
Federal indictments of some Paintsville big sho... 15 min Smile Awhile 9
sheriff's daughter (Oct '13) 24 min who 291
Day Reads and Comments the OT - Wisdom Books (Jul '13) 3 hr Day 967
accident on Depot rd yesterday 4 hr hilo 2
New church in Prestonsburg? (Apr '14) 5 hr in the know 51
Paintsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]