Really

Bevinsville, KY

#63 Oct 3, 2012
Hey Stupid...I will put my education and employment up against anyone in this forum! You my dear are a loser ! Highlands won according to the score and if the game had played out, the outcome would have been the same.....Highlands would have won, much like they did last time, remember that game?
why not

Hagerhill, KY

#64 Oct 3, 2012
ugggghhh. If people were this concerned over their childs education we wouldnt be this far behind in the world in math and science.
coach rupp

Delbarton, WV

#65 Oct 3, 2012
first of all its a down right dirty shame that sports in johnson county is far more important then education,second of all porter may have gotten the win but how can you boast the better team won when they never once had the lead in the game..wonder why highland is seeking its 5th consective championship..coaching wise porters coach isn't the beginning of a pimple on highlands coaches rear when it comes to coaching and how embarssing it looks on porter to have its principal get on the intercom and lead the victory cheer over a game they would never have won..no wonder highland didn't want her as principal..see you in the championship porter if you can get the refs to call it for your team cause thats about the only way you will be in the championship..
DipSpit

Highland, MI

#66 Oct 3, 2012
Coach Brandon Branham has trained with some of the best coaches in the game. His hours of selfless devotion to designing and implementing defensive and offensive schemes have paid off into making this rag tag group of Panthers into the well oiled machines that they are today. I, for one, don't have the cajones to question his prowess or, even worse, dare to compare him against other coaches who are not even in his league. Kudos to you, Coach Rupp, for having the courage.
lets go porter woo

Peach Creek, WV

#67 Oct 3, 2012
DipSpit wrote:
Coach Brandon Branham has trained with some of the best coaches in the game. His hours of selfless devotion to designing and implementing defensive and offensive schemes have paid off into making this rag tag group of Panthers into the well oiled machines that they are today. I, for one, don't have the cajones to question his prowess or, even worse, dare to compare him against other coaches who are not even in his league. Kudos to you, Coach Rupp, for having the courage.
I dont undar stand what these liberal symbuls mean -(,,,,) but i no that coach branham gets it dun.
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#68 Oct 3, 2012
Just for the record When the game ended the score was HES 17 Porter 13. So Porter has no proof of being better than HES yet alone beating them. HES was forced to forfiet or not play in the tournament. So the "victory" of Porter was give to them, the Porter basketball team DID NOT earn the "victory".
Inspired Man

Peach Creek, WV

#69 Oct 3, 2012
Coach B wrote in his first book that we should never give up. i know that with determination that someday I can play for the lady panthers too.
Wooooo

Seattle, WA

#70 Oct 3, 2012
While growing up in a poor interracial household in southern Detroit, coach Branham only had one dream: To coach 6th grade girls basketball and teach them that not only teamwork will always prevail, but also...love.
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#71 Oct 3, 2012
Stone Thrower wrote:
<quoted text>
Highlands has only the low class of the county enrolled at their school, enough said.
That is not true, alot of the students at HES parents are teachers, doctors, nurses, etc. So before you post unfactual statments, try using that thing in your head, you know, you peanut sized brain.(:
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#72 Oct 3, 2012
Wooooo wrote:
While growing up in a poor interracial household in southern Detroit, coach Branham only had one dream: To coach 6th grade girls basketball and teach them that not only teamwork will always prevail, but also...love.
I'm sure that is true. However, He needs to add respect for the other team on to his teaching list.
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#73 Oct 3, 2012
Billy Lance Jenkins wrote:
I was with my wife Misty Crystal out for a night on the town and I stopped in to witness this fine spectacle of athletic prowess and was blown away by the pure talent that Coach Branham has gotten out of this squad. Those Highlands girls had to foul so much because they couldn't keep up with that complicated offense Coach had put in to combat that 1-3-1 defense Highlands was rolling out....Coach Branham impressed me. Porter was just flat out better.
Then why was the score HES 17 Porter 13?(:
Mentor

Winchester, VA

#74 Oct 3, 2012
Coach Branham once put chains on the doors to the Porter gym and wouldn't let his players practice until they all completed study hall to get their grades up to a satisfactory level.
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#75 Oct 3, 2012
Stone Thrower wrote:
<quoted text>
Who beat Highlands though, Porter. Crying over a loss. Could not cheat their way out of that one.......
Only because HES was forced to forfiet or not play in the tournament. Atleast HES can say all of their victories were earned, Porter can not. Also take into consideration the final score. HES 17 Porter 13
Cheesy Gordita Crunch

Stollings, WV

#76 Oct 3, 2012
I was at the game and came away impressed. I would have liked to have seen the Porter Panthers really lock down Highlands and run them out of the gym. You could tell their coach had them prepared and ready to run, a blowout was coming. If I were a Highlands parent I would be happy the game got called. Having to explain to your young daughter why her team took a beating like the one Porter was about to lay down would probably be pretty tough.
Girls BBall Freak

Peach Creek, WV

#77 Oct 3, 2012
Coach Branham was raised by a rouge group of Asian militants in the 1960s. It was in the mountains of Nepal where he perfected his martial arts and basketball coaching skill. Highlands cant compete with that!
Broken Record

Winchester, VA

#78 Oct 3, 2012
Somebody needs to put on another record. Score doesn't matter if a coach gets thrown out of the game. He needs an assistant if he's going to act like that in the future. Coach Branham kept his cool and stayed in the game.
Seminole Wind

Highland, MI

#79 Oct 3, 2012
Their will be no consideration of the final score because your kids are quitters. Way to teach them to stand up against a fight. I bet because of the quality values you've instilled in them, such as quitting, that some of them are probably still running away from that game. In fact they are probably pretty tired from running and want to come home. So get up off of Topix and go find them.
lol

Flatgap, KY

#80 Oct 3, 2012
coach rupp wrote:
first of all its a down right dirty shame that sports in johnson county is far more important then education,second of all porter may have gotten the win but how can you boast the better team won when they never once had the lead in the game..wonder why highland is seeking its 5th consective championship..coaching wise porters coach isn't the beginning of a pimple on highlands coaches rear when it comes to coaching and how embarssing it looks on porter to have its principal get on the intercom and lead the victory cheer over a game they would never have won..no wonder highland didn't want her as principal..see you in the championship porter if you can get the refs to call it for your team cause thats about the only way you will be in the championship..
5th consective championship think 3 years ago W.R. Castle went undefeated and was one of the best teams ever in johnson County! The coaching in Johnson County has dissembled THIS TEAM OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS in Middle SCHOOL!! For the ones talking ABOUT Mo Hall this is what johnson County has become so you get what you pay for! lol! And hes running the elementary program in football AGAIN you get what you pay for!!
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#81 Oct 3, 2012
Cheesy Gordita Crunch wrote:
I was at the game and came away impressed. I would have liked to have seen the Porter Panthers really lock down Highlands and run them out of the gym. You could tell their coach had them prepared and ready to run, a blowout was coming. If I were a Highlands parent I would be happy the game got called. Having to explain to your young daughter why her team took a beating like the one Porter was about to lay down would probably be pretty tough.
HES was not, is not, and never will be scared of Porter. But on the bright side the Porter parents did have to explain why HES beat them the first time. And you know what else is funny, porter never even had the lead during the game. Yea, some "beating" they gave. Ha
Wildcats sister

Hagerhill, KY

#82 Oct 3, 2012
Broken Record wrote:
Somebody needs to put on another record. Score doesn't matter if a coach gets thrown out of the game. He needs an assistant if he's going to act like that in the future. Coach Branham kept his cool and stayed in the game.
Yea, he did. Because the refs was giving the game to porter. We've beat you guys once, and HES was still in the lead during the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 23 min Misty Fitch 9,897
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 24 min Misty Fitch 13,696
Worship Your Government. 1 hr observer 2
Is Janie Wells a good family court judge? (Oct '09) 1 hr observer 83
Samantha Burchett/Jenkins 2 hr lol 1
tammy Houston smallwood 3 hr Im too Cool 2
Welcome Military troops when they arrive. 3 hr Im too Cool 3
More from around the web

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE