Conley Tire Incident Last Week

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious To Know

Hagerhill, KY

#1 Jul 21, 2010
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the stolen tire thing that went on last week out at Conley Tires? Do you guys think that the girl they took to jail stole them or even knew they were stolen? I mean if you think about it, if she knew they were stolen would you take them to the same place/people they were stolen from and have them put them on your truck? In my opinion its just another example of how they have become greedy and uncaring people. They use to be one of the best tire places around, great prices, and excellent friendly service. Over the past few years that has went straight to heck out there. I understand that they have had a few rough years here as of late, and they have been robbed several times. Sure thats enough to make anyone mad, but when did they loose sight of compassion or at least benefit of the doubt? I might be wrong, but even the dumbest theif wouldn't have returned there to have those tires put on. I think they just wanted to make an example out of her, and she is the one that has to pay for all the others that have robbed them in the past. I would have been happy just to get the tires and rims back, if they were even theirs to begin with, what about everyone else? What do you think about all of this?
bear189

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2010
stolen is stolen. If she did not steal them she must have got them for a cheap price. Which to honest people throws up a red flag that they could most likely be hot.
Maybe Maybe Not

Hagerhill, KY

#3 Jul 21, 2010
bear189 wrote:
stolen is stolen. If she did not steal them she must have got them for a cheap price. Which to honest people throws up a red flag that they could most likely be hot.
You make a good point, about how much someone pays for something may be a indiation if something is "hot". My understanding is the lady bought them from Bull Creek flea market and paid $400 for them. So in that case I proabbly wouldnt have thought they would have been stolen. I mean look at websites like craigslist or the bargin traders, people sell stuff like that all the time, and often times its dirt cheap. Dosent mean there stolen, maybe the person is in a bad financial spot. My point is any of us could have been in this position, so what can a person really do when they buy something used? Yeah you can take the price into considration, but often times that may not be a lot of help. I guess you could ask for a reciept or bill of sale also, but that didnt help her in this situation either. A friend of mine knows the lady real well, and thats how I know anything about it. The lady has never been in any kind of trouble in her entire life, had never been handcuffed or let alone been in jail. I could see someone doubting it if the person had a criminal record, but really I think this was a little extreme. Im just worried that the next time I buy something at a flea market, out of the paper, a yard sale or even online, that I could be accused of something like this. I mean really folks think about it, am I the only one whos worried about this?
Big Balls McGee

Prestonsburg, KY

#4 Jul 21, 2010
If you know Wallace, then this shouldn't surprise you. If you don't know Wallace, well, you do now.
Whatever

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Jul 21, 2010
First off...
Who buys tires at a flea market for close to full price of a new set????
Secondly....
I just had a set of tires put on at Conley's and they ended up being cheaper then Wal-Mart....
Thirdly...
What do you want them to do....Not take action to reclaim their property???
Greg

Stollings, WV

#6 Jul 21, 2010
Sorry, but receiving stolen property should not be a crime.

If you didn't actually steal the item yourself, you should be allowed to buy whatever the hell you want.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Jul 21, 2010
Greg wrote:
Sorry, but receiving stolen property should not be a crime.
If you didn't actually steal the item yourself, you should be allowed to buy whatever the hell you want.
agreed to a point.if however you purchase said property known it is stolen then your guilty of the crime of receiving stolen property.
why not

Anderson, SC

#8 Jul 21, 2010
yes receiving stolen property should be a crime. people pay for stuff and some low life comes and steals it and sells it for nothing. when i buy something i don't expect someone to take my stuff and sell it to somebody else. i think the lady will be ok, they will go back till they find who stole them. and we don't know if she had a part in it or not.
omg

Paintsville, KY

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Guilty till proven innocent. That is how its done in Johnson county.I thought you guys already knew that. Johnson county is bass ackwards.
Pay Attention

Salyersville, KY

#10 Jul 21, 2010
First Off...
It was not just a set of tires, it was also rims, and they were for a full size truck, not a little car. Last time I priced truck tires you were lucky to get 4 of the cheapest ones for around $300. So how do you get she payed that much money for them used, when she could have bought them for that new??? Plus add the cost of a set of rims into the equation, think you need to re-think about your math skills.

Secondly...
Im happy for ya! You got a set of tires cheaper than wal-mart out of them. Are you sure they were not irregular or some defect that may not be noticeable? Cuz if they didnt have anything wrong with them, congratulations to you! Your one of the few of us that hasnt been screwed over by them.

Thirdly...
They got their tires and rims back didnt they? Its not like they got one of them from the set, and she hid the other three! Does anyone know if they even had to show any kind of proof that they were their tires to start with?? Yeah they filed a police report when they were stolen, and im sure it included a general description of the tires and rims that were missing. But im sure more than one person in eastern ky has the same type of rims, and im sure several people have that kind of tire to. Even though in the paper Wallace says they are an uncommon tire, what just because no one else in Paintsville has them? People shop at other places besides Paintsville, so they could have been bought anywhere. So what proof do they have? Anyone else know?
Proof

United States

#11 Jul 21, 2010
His daughter is the clerk, his wife was the clerk for years, that's ALL the proof he needs! Sad but true in this shithole town!
Casper

Paintsville, KY

#12 Jul 22, 2010
Proof wrote:
His daughter is the clerk, his wife was the clerk for years, that's ALL the proof he needs! Sad but true in this shithole town!
right on.right on
peanut cake

Paintsville, KY

#13 Jul 22, 2010
they have those nice red tires they are cool i want some but cost alot
samsquampsh

Salyersville, KY

#14 Jul 22, 2010
well all i know is that before i got on a dumb ass webb site and started having diarrhea of the mouth i would at least know what the hell your talkin about the girl was taken to jail because she had a purse full of pills now is that against the law or should they just have let her go and take a chance of her running over an innocent child but any who i dont know why im waisting my time talking to you geniuses you already know the whole story apparently.
samsquampsh

Salyersville, KY

#15 Jul 22, 2010
and what the hell is a red tire.
samsquampsh

Salyersville, KY

#16 Jul 22, 2010
doesent any one want to shoot their mouth off now
agree

Salyersville, KY

#17 Jul 22, 2010
She did NOT pay $400 for them at the flea market, get real, you are in the dark if you believe something like that. The tires that she had cost less than $400 brand new mounted and balanced, so why would she pay MORE for a stolen set.

It was just her alibi to say such a thing, just like when people get caught with stolen guns and atv's, they all say, "I bought it at the flea market". That excuse is old, I admit it does happen, but a deal to good to be true you should stay away from.

That was just her excuse, nothing more.
You Know Nothing

Hagerhill, KY

#18 Jul 22, 2010
samsquampsh wrote:
well all i know is that before i got on a dumb ass webb site and started having diarrhea of the mouth i would at least know what the hell your talkin about the girl was taken to jail because she had a purse full of pills now is that against the law or should they just have let her go and take a chance of her running over an innocent child but any who i dont know why im waisting my time talking to you geniuses you already know the whole story apparently.
Why dont you let us know who you are? If you know so much and read the paper, she was not arrested for any drugs, the charges were recieving stolen property. So if your so sure of yourself tell us your name and we can add you to the list of people to sue for slander. But just like everyone else on here your not gonna tell who you really are, you just want something to do and run your mouth.
You Know Nothing

Hagerhill, KY

#19 Jul 22, 2010
agree wrote:
She did NOT pay $400 for them at the flea market, get real, you are in the dark if you believe something like that. The tires that she had cost less than $400 brand new mounted and balanced, so why would she pay MORE for a stolen set.
It was just her alibi to say such a thing, just like when people get caught with stolen guns and atv's, they all say, "I bought it at the flea market". That excuse is old, I admit it does happen, but a deal to good to be true you should stay away from.
That was just her excuse, nothing more.
Were you there when she bought them? No I didnt think you were. So how do you know what she did or didnt do? Plus if you guys would pay more attention to what you read before running at the mouth, IT WAS NOT JUST A SET OF TIRES!!! IT WAS RIMS AND TIRES!!! I hope like h*ll you have to go through the same thing someday, then maybe you will think before you talk about someone else and them being guilty without having any of the facts!!!!
Marie

Pikeville, KY

#21 Jul 23, 2010
I bought a good set of tires cheap a couple of months ago....Good tires dont know if they were stolen or not an dont care...I buy anything I find cheap weather it is from a flea market, yardsale, or ebay....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rats 2 hr Smoke that 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 158,056
The Bar (Jan '13) 3 hr Sharlene45 10,512
Poll Add or Remove 2 letters to from a new word (May '13) 4 hr Jen 854
What Do You Think 4 hr Mountain Boy 1
any bi girls around? 4 hr Want To Watch 14
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 12,330
wallace conley 13 hr Jimmy Snooka 82

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages