Band at Cafe on Main Sat night

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Musicians Friend

Corbin, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2012
WOW!! Great band great time last night. The place was rockin out. Idle Time, best band to play there. Check them out.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#2 Aug 12, 2012
They wouldn't have to be very good to be the best band to play there. Most bands have the instruments up way too loud so the singer is barely heard. Makes for an UNjoyful noise.

I know a couple of guys who will be doing some shows there, just a fine lead guitar player and a very fine rhythm player and singer. These two will have everyone clamoring for more.

Of course, that doesn't take anything away from Idle Time. I wasn't there and maybe this band had there music and singing mixed just right.
cafe patron

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2012
I did not see idle time, but the locked and loaded guys were awesome their sound was good.

“E A D G B E”

#4 Aug 13, 2012
That is good. I know last time I was there when a band was, the mix was terrible. Course this band was not professional at all. One of the guitarists got so drunk, he fell over half of the equipment and had to be carried out.

Sounds as if management is getting things working right.
Rosie Jo

Richmond, KY

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Im sure the band was good if the place was packed. So much negativity. I know the band
you speak of is good when they practice. That
doesn't mean that there are no other good bands around here. Thats just my opinion. I haven't
been there when they had live music.

“E A D G B E”

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Rosie Jo wrote:
Im sure the band was good if the place was packed. So much negativity. I know the band
you speak of is good when they practice. That
doesn't mean that there are no other good bands around here. Thats just my opinion. I haven't
been there when they had live music.
There is a big difference between knowing music and critiquing it and being negative.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#7 Aug 13, 2012
Can I get a drink here, JB's sucks.
Long Live Rock

Corbin, KY

#8 Aug 14, 2012
Hey, I was there Saturday as well. Really good band and a great crowd. Idle Time was good. Hope they play there again.
Rosie Jo

Richmond, KY

#9 Aug 14, 2012
Oh yeah what was I thinking. I don't know anything just listening to it and deciding if they suck or not. Excuse me...
Hey

Staffordsville, KY

#10 Aug 14, 2012
Anything short of acoustic instruments will never sound as it should in a confinement that small.
I don't care what the name of the band is. Bands are meant for the masses, not sardines in a can.
lol

Virgie, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2012
good place to go if u like seeing all the d@@@ suc@@@@ in paintsville even the men there with women will be slipping in the back for a quick bj
Live Music

United States

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Hey, I saw the LOCKED AND LOADED guys there and they are absolutely awesome. They do a great job and everyone there had a good time. Great job guys and keep up the good work.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#13 Sep 3, 2012
Hey Sam a cold beer, nice place.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Sam better bring me a Fuji water and a beer.

“E A D G B E”

#15 Sep 3, 2012
texas pete wrote:
Hey Sam a cold beer, nice place.
I got your message to meet you for a drink, but I went to JB's. Did you know it is now closed? What happened? We were just there last night. I hope they have Figi water here, Or I will have to BMOB.:)

Anyway, since its a holiday I will have a Peach wine cooler.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#16 Sep 3, 2012
Misty Fitch wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your message to meet you for a drink, but I went to JB's. Did you know it is now closed? What happened? We were just there last night. I hope they have Figi water here, Or I will have to BMOB.:)
Anyway, since its a holiday I will have a Peach wine cooler.
Sam has your water, oh well peach brandy it is. JB's had went to the dogs anyway.

“E A D G B E”

#17 Sep 3, 2012
texas pete wrote:
Sam better bring me a Fuji water and a beer.
Oh, I see you already got the water for me...great. JB's may not be missed so much after all. I know they have good live music here at times.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#18 Sep 3, 2012
Hey babe put something on the juke box, I want to say play it again Sam.lol

“E A D G B E”

#19 Sep 3, 2012
texas pete wrote:
Hey babe put something on the juke box, I want to say play it again Sam.lol
Oh honey...you're so funny. But, why don't you pick out some music? I trust you to make a great choice.

“Spy vrs Spy”

King George, VA

#20 Sep 3, 2012
http://youtu.be/1BlKN4lleAk
The corn won't grow so lets rock and roll.
The Goose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr politico 142,339
Red Cross In Paintsville 2 hr joker 59
Last post wins (Nov '10) 3 hr Kathy 21,819
Poll Add or Remove 2 letters to from a new word (May '13) 8 hr texas pete 385
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 8 hr texas pete 10,300
married woman 8 hr hmmmm 8
Girl at Rt 40 BP 9 hr Good Night Irene 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages