It solves nothing!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 2, 2013
So far, unexpected results.

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2013
I put undecided. There should have been a it depends selection. I can't vote for a death penalty on circumstantial evidence. The evidence has to be incontrovertible. I would also want to see ALL evidence, not just what the judge or lawyers wanted me to see. The murder has to be premeditated. I would also want the sentence carried out in no more than one year.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 2, 2013
This poll was worded similar to the last Bluegrass Poll published in the CJ

There was no "it depends" choice.

2/3 of Kentuckians support the death penalty.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201301...

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#7 Feb 2, 2013
New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
This poll was worded similar to the last Bluegrass Poll published in the CJ
There was no "it depends" choice.
2/3 of Kentuckians support the death penalty.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201301...
So they don't mind the occasional execution of an innocent person? It seems to me that DNA evidence makes that more, not less likely.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 2, 2013
door king wrote:
<quoted text>
So they don't mind the occasional execution of an innocent person? It seems to me that DNA evidence makes that more, not less likely.
Apparently not...

Location hidden

#9 Feb 2, 2013
8-5-1

Looks like the rednecks are catching up to normal people....

Paintsville, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2013
door king wrote:
<quoted text>
So they don't mind the occasional execution of an innocent person?
Even DNA evidence could be circumstantial in some instances. I'm not totally against the death penalty, but my standards for voting for it are exceptionally high. A preponderance of evidence doesn't do it. I want without a doubt because we ARE talking about someones life. Besides, it's cheaper to imprison someone for life than it is to put them on death row.

“All Tricks No Treat”

Since: Oct 10

Spooky Hollow

#11 Feb 2, 2013
I am glad I am not really from Texas, or Illinois.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 2, 2013
texas pete wrote:
I am glad I am not really from Texas, or Illinois.
..or KY?
Syphon Filter

Richmond, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
..or KY?
I bet you have no idea who HaMossad leModi'in uleTafkidim Meyu'adim are. So how can you say anything about something you have no idea about, oh that's right. You do it all the time. Please continue with your ignorance's and I will ignore your rants.

Paintsville, KY

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Syphon Filter wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you have no idea who HaMossad leModi'in uleTafkidim Meyu'adim are. So how can you say anything about something you have no idea about, oh that's right. You do it all the time. Please continue with your ignorance's and I will ignore your rants.
You got it wring. That's HaMossad leModi'in uleTafkidim Meyu'adim mouse. His brother is Mickey.
Blubber Nutz

Denver, CO

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Shoot em, choke em, hang em, poke em, dony matter. If the convicted murdered, raped, molested, they should be put to death.

“PAINTSVILLE”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#16 Feb 3, 2013
I have little faith in all these polls and links because I know for a fact you can manipulate them . How do you know that all of those people polled gave an honest answer? That takes a tremendous amount of faith. I was just watching the morning news and A man confessed to giving false information when he filled out a poll the School system was taking regarding School Buses.That is proof positive that stats can be manipulated.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 3, 2013
Bootsy123 wrote:
I have little faith in all these polls and links because I know for a fact you can manipulate them . How do you know that all of those people polled gave an honest answer? That takes a tremendous amount of faith. I was just watching the morning news and A man confessed to giving false information when he filled out a poll the School system was taking regarding School Buses.That is proof positive that stats can be manipulated.
Thank you for the enlightenment Einstein.

“paintsville”

Since: Dec 12

Paintsville

#18 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you for the enlightenment Einstein.
You're very welcome NG. As the old saying goes: there is always two sides to every story. Not everyone is going to see things the same way. That's what makes us interesting. BTW, I do oppose the death penalty. I think the person should get life. They would have all that time to reflect on their crime.

“paintsville”

Since: Dec 12

Paintsville

#19 Feb 3, 2013
Oh eeerrr uuuummm sorry you weren't talking to me. But I just could not resist yanking your chain. I really would like to see you post something that does not contain a link. Let us see the raw power of your intelligence.

Location hidden

#20 Feb 3, 2013
Fradoferduchy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very welcome NG. As the old saying goes: there is always two sides to every story. Not everyone is going to see things the same way. That's what makes us interesting. BTW, I do oppose the death penalty. I think the person should get life. They would have all that time to reflect on their crime.
Thank you for voting
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#21 Feb 3, 2013
I oppose the Death Penalty Because ;

1) The expense

2) The fact that there is always room for mistakes.

And

3) The offender will have the rest of his/her life to
ponder their crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apple day car show 15 min vette life 1
Kelly Conleys new partner in the radiator shop 17 min Get it gone 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min Patriot 168,762
Back streams at the end of 580 55 min Amburgey 11
Hagerhill 59 min TimBo 3
Paintsville housing 1 hr Speaking the truth 13
The manor 2 hr Faye 1
D Price Your Sheriff (Nov '14) 3 hr gizmo 43

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages