Fee to buy Water Heater????

Fee to buy Water Heater????

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

Rumor on not

Hagerhill, KY

#1 Nov 10, 2010
Was told if you go to Lowes to buy a hot water heater, they will only sell to a licensed plumer or electrian. Is this true or just another hoax
plumber

East Point, KY

#2 Nov 10, 2010
Rumor on not wrote:
Was told if you go to Lowes to buy a hot water heater, they will only sell to a licensed plumer or electrian. Is this true or just another hoax
not true when you buy a water heater now anywhere you have to fill a paper out now that goes to the health dept and they send someone to inspect it anywhere you buy one this happens.
Rumor on not

Hagerhill, KY

#3 Nov 10, 2010
then is it true the Health Dept charges a $45.00 fee ( plummer or electricial inspecter) to look at it anf make sure its hooked up right, and theis can only be done on Wednesdays 8-930am.
good o boy

Logan, WV

#4 Nov 10, 2010
HELL do what i did by you a good used one.
dontbeused

Morehead, KY

#5 Nov 10, 2010
good o boy wrote:
HELL do what i did by you a good used one.
Do like I did and go to another county and buy one. Maybe this county should look at how much business is being sent away!
golar

Winchester, KY

#6 Nov 10, 2010
dont forget that if you now install a water heater you must install a expansion tank too,
yeah

Salyersville, KY

#7 Nov 10, 2010
I just bought one from lowes, so it is not true. I just went in and picked one out and bought it. Nothing else.
jds

Anderson, SC

#8 Nov 10, 2010
wait a few months until you get a letter in the mail saying you have to have it checked out by a inspector or get a insured plummer to inspect it.
Dobby

Salyersville, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2010
Lowe's just needs to load the damn thing on my truck and mind their own business. And another thing, why must I pay a core charge when I buy a battery? What if there is no battery to replace. What if I buy a battery to use as a back-up power supply for a cb radio in the house? How can their be a core charge if this is the first battery bought for the application?
josh

Winchester, KY

#10 Nov 10, 2010
yeah wrote:
I just bought one from lowes, so it is not true. I just went in and picked one out and bought it. Nothing else.
thats because you bought a water heater for a mobile home idiot.. lol at the idiots on here
NO NOT TRUE

Staffordsville, KY

#11 Nov 10, 2010
Rumor on not wrote:
My hot water heater went out last Sunday. I went to Lowe's & bought one. I just filled out a paper with name & address. My brother put it in.
electric inspector

East Point, KY

#12 Nov 11, 2010
NO NOT TRUE wrote:
<quoted text>
My hot water heater went out last Sunday. I went to Lowe's & bought one. I just filled out a paper with name & address. My brother put it in.
That paper you filled out is sent in and they will be contacting you in about a week or two so dont be suprised.
yeah

Salyersville, KY

#13 Nov 11, 2010
nope, not for a mobile home here, I just went in and bought one, nothing special to hook them up, takes about 10-20 minutes. dont let them scare you into hiring someone to do it for you. OH, I have bought 3 in the past couple years, one recently, about a month ago, never has Lowes ever contacted me about installation.
good o boy

Logan, WV

#14 Nov 11, 2010
Dobby wrote:
Lowe's just needs to load the damn thing on my truck and mind their own business. And another thing, why must I pay a core charge when I buy a battery? What if there is no battery to replace. What if I buy a battery to use as a back-up power supply for a cb radio in the house? How can their be a core charge if this is the first battery bought for the application?
ITS not been that long ago that you could only get 25 cents for old junk batterys.the charge is to cover the lead in the battery you just bought.Think about it.But i do understand where your coming from it sucks.But it keeps the price down a little if you can find you an old battery somwhere.
why

Hagerhill, KY

#15 Nov 11, 2010
You will get a letter stating that you must have an inspector look at your water heater to make sure it is hooked up right. I personally think that it is just a money making scheme. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to hook up a water heater!!
good o boy

Logan, WV

#16 Nov 11, 2010
why wrote:
You will get a letter stating that you must have an inspector look at your water heater to make sure it is hooked up right. I personally think that it is just a money making scheme. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to hook up a water heater!!
Before you no it you'll have to get a permit to mow the grass.OR let someone with a licence do it.Where will it stop if the goverment can make a dollar,who knows?
Dobby

Salyersville, KY

#17 Nov 11, 2010
An inspector is certainly welcome to look at my water heater. Its back the way he came.
josh

Winchester, KY

#18 Nov 12, 2010
I bought my water heater at Lowes the Inspector called and made a appt to come,, im glad he did.. money wasnt the issue with me it was making sure my home was plumbed corect, He took the time and we looked it all over and he pointed out that my plumbing was out of date and in need of upgrades such as a expansion tank for the heater , venting , so on etc,, THANKS INSPECTOR
cory

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2013
plumber wrote:
<quoted text>not true when you buy a water heater now anywhere you have to fill a paper out now that goes to the health dept and they send someone to inspect it anywhere you buy one this happens.

Not true either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy Price in FC with camera 6 min Shesaditz 54
I hate paying property taxes at the sheriffs of... 12 min SUPER BELL 51
Thank You Sheriff Price and Mrs Price 17 min Tooth Tot 15
so horny for hot female?? 2 hr Maybe 20
$39 an hour 3 hr u idiot 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Wisdom of God 170,612
Paintsville High School 9 hr Eagle 28

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages