xanax and youths, plz help me

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Null

Virgie, KY

#1 Feb 5, 2010
hey things have been getting out of hand over the years. I was wondering who all has died from xanax related deaths under the age of 30, that you can remember, I don't care if it was 50 years ago. Three people have over-dosed and died in one day, I know one was xanax involved. I had a friend die from xanax when I was still in high school, he was 17 I think, his name was Marc Meade. Try to find any information on him online, you won't. xanax is a problem that this reagion seems to ignore. I'm honestly doing research on this please tell me names, age, and date of death. Please no arguing on here this is to help people understand the risk and numbers.
Marc Meade, 17, 2005 RIP
its sad

Virgie, KY

#2 Feb 5, 2010
Leann Blevins
Jason Blanton
Jamie Curtis
Stephanie Music
Brittany Williamson
Nolan Elam

I personally think the Xanax makers should pay these families for their loss or the doctor who prescribed the medication should pay
another one

Virgie, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2010
Paula Branham
pills r bad

Prestonsburg, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2010
soma's are just as bad and they aint even a narcotic..how f-ed up is that..even the kids on drug court can get away with taking them..that paula girl od on soma..
Pissed

Pikeville, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2010
wanting the drug companies to pay them, u must draw SSI or r a family member wantin money.
truth hurts

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Pissed wrote:
wanting the drug companies to pay them, u must draw SSI or r a family member wantin money.
just so u know i beleive she was talking about JAIL TIME...NOT MONEY..ur the one thinking about money so ur family must be the ones to draw a check..lmfao..u said it not me..
lol ur a pillhead

Prestonsburg, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2010
Pissed wrote:
awwww..does it piss u off that ppl are trying to take ur pills..
gone but not forgotten

Lubbock, TX

#8 Feb 6, 2010
Frankie Hamilton, mid-30s, March 2009
Nolan Elam, 32, Feb. 2010
Leeann Blevins, 30s, Feb. 2010
daniel

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2010
try again there have been 8 died in the last two weeks alone, please shut these pill mills down
I dont

Salyersville, KY

#10 Feb 6, 2010
its sad wrote:
Leann Blevins
Jason Blanton
Jamie Curtis
Stephanie Music
Brittany Williamson
Nolan Elam
I personally think the Xanax makers should pay these families for their loss or the doctor who prescribed the medication should pay
I dont think that the doctors should because no one made them take them. I have different kinds of medicine it is MY fault if I go in there and take all of it. This starts at home. Dont get me wrong I feel sad for these families I have some in my own family that does pills. But that is their fault not doctors
FYI

Virgie, KY

#11 Feb 6, 2010
Zanax, in my opinion, is one of the WORST drugs ever made. People taking them will steal from you, lie to you, and then they forget what they have done. They are deadly when taken with certain other drugs. This is one drug that I wish the companies would quit making!
zanex

Shelbiana, KY

#12 Feb 6, 2010
this drug is ok if taken like it says on the bottle ,but people take 10 at a time for a high or something and never take them right ,i was prescribed zanez for 25 yrs always had some left over but never abused them,so everone who ods on them get them and they are gone in 2 days or more .but pain management is to eager to write oung people these drugs for the money so,drs need to be monitored more and they only care about he money,what young person needs that many pill along with whatever else they get,then all the others go get them and sell them so get the dealers and go hard on the drs wirting these scrips,dr shopping and people do it for a living,you can abuse anything and these drs that are over writing and the dealers need to get them off the street,my opinion,but everbody has one
typo

Shelbiana, KY

#13 Feb 6, 2010
sorry meant to write young people
cupcake

Salyersville, KY

#14 Feb 6, 2010
i don't think that was jason blanton, that was his brother travi
concerned for KY

Fort Myers, FL

#15 Feb 6, 2010
Null wrote:
hey things have been getting out of hand over the years. I was wondering who all has died from xanax related deaths under the age of 30, that you can remember, I don't care if it was 50 years ago. Three people have over-dosed and died in one day, I know one was xanax involved. I had a friend die from xanax when I was still in high school, he was 17 I think, his name was Marc Meade. Try to find any information on him online, you won't. xanax is a problem that this reagion seems to ignore. I'm honestly doing research on this please tell me names, age, and date of death. Please no arguing on here this is to help people understand the risk and numbers.
Marc Meade, 17, 2005 RIP
Prescription drugs are a problem nationwide BUT the number of people overdosing in your area is alarming!!
Someone should contact the DEA-- ASAP. The Federal Drug Enforcement Agency could help these families determine if these overdoses were from prescription drugs manufactured by pharmacutical(sp) companies or some "bootlegger" that is literally killing people with their concoction.
Yes, drugs are bad and will completely mess up a person's life. This is usually a slow process when it involves prescription drugs. The person's daily life and health slowly unravels. The drug addiction is either given up through intervention(s)/rehab or the person will eventually die- from an accidental overdose, health issues or a some stupid act that is related to being high.
Having 4 people die in one day from drug overdoses sounds like a problem with the drug itself not with the people that took them to get high.
Please note,in no way do I condone drug use. I just feel very sorry for these families. It is not their fault that their family member self medicated themselves. And it is not their fault that drug dealers have overrun the hills of KY.
Hoping your research can find some answers to this problem.
God Bless You!

Since: Feb 10

Martin, KY

#16 Feb 6, 2010
I know it may not seem like it but, law enforcement
is in action more than you know.If we want it to work,each needs to help and stand up agaist this war.Friends I just lost a friend that od'd.This is serious.However you can't pick just a couple of drugs to blame.Did you know that you can od on asprin?Seriously.We need to watch for signs in our friends and loved ones to.The signs were there but the family did nothing about it.There are always signs.Lets work together not argue with each other.1 CHILD belongs to the whole community.Speak up when you see things that are not right.Its the only way we can get hold of a problem.Together.
BRITTINEYS MOM

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 6, 2010
its sad wrote:
Leann Blevins
Jason Blanton
Jamie Curtis
Stephanie Music
Brittany Williamson
Nolan Elam
CORRECTION BRITTINEY WILLIAMSON HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED AS OF THIS SHIT AND STOP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH WHERE YOU DO NOT KNOW
Help these drugheads

Paintsville, KY

#18 Feb 7, 2010
need help these druggys b4 its too late like the rest on here.Everyday you hear someone has OD ,goes to show how bad its gettin people!!Will nothing scare these kids and adults to not do it??Some bad shit is goin around it looks like...Its not goin to slow down,need turn people in b4 its too late!
peggyelaine

Covina, CA

#19 Feb 7, 2010
who is Jamie Curtis-Is it the one from Flat Gap?
its sad wrote:
Leann Blevins
Jason Blanton
Jamie Curtis
Stephanie Music
Brittany Williamson
Nolan Elam
peggyelaine

Covina, CA

#20 Feb 7, 2010
Sometimes it's best to turn a drug user over in order to save their lives. People are doing good in Salyersville at the Christian rehab. Lives are being saved. It can help save a multitued of grieving families. God loves the drg addict-help save them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Big Dick 161,299
pville lake trail (Sep '12) 15 min Legal Beagel 22
No no price 19 min nancy 13
Kretzer Daycare Center A Dirty Swamp? 27 min well 7
Did Bink have A botched Hair transplant? 29 min Holly Dodah 2
Bushwackers and Old Bink 31 min Common Law 1
FBI is in town 1 hr Jean 41

Paintsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages