Quit Wal-Mart a year ago...no notice....

Quit Wal-Mart a year ago...no notice. Rehire?

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Girl

Inez, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2010
I want to work there again.

Will they rehire me?

“Flyin Friendly”

Since: Apr 10

Imaginaria

#2 Jun 21, 2010
A Girl wrote:
I want to work there again.
Will they rehire me?
If they have an "at will" hiring clause in their application, they "shouldn't" hold that against you. But most employers have a double standard where that's concerned.
Also, if an company has that "at will" statement in the application, and then says you need to give a notice, they're not acting as an at will employer. So make sure you keep a copy of both of those statements. That way, if they let you go using "at will" as a reason, a good lawyer can prove they're not acting within the "at will" guide lines. And you can end up with a great settlement that allows you to sit in front of a computer a few hours a day, any time of day, alleviating some of the days boring hours making a little extra money using an idea you came up with, while also chiming in on topix once in awhile and leaving a bit of sarcasm behind.
honestly

Williamson, WV

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Walmart isnt what it used to be, not even a yr ago. Talk to some of the employees before u should decide to go back, most of them hate it and want to leave. They have went through so many chnages now. And about you getting rehired,it all depends if you were a good worker and they liked you.
LOL

Paintsville, KY

#4 Jun 21, 2010
what kind of terms were you on with management before you quit..good or bad? i never worked for walmart but most companies dont really like it when people leave without notice because it doesnt give them time to look for other people.
knows

Staffordsville, KY

#5 Jun 21, 2010
i use to work there and quit back in 08...i knew a lady who worked there that was hired same day as me and she has quit about 2 or 3 times and they kept hiring her back! So never know they might,but i heard they are doin things differnt now,you might not like it!
A Girl

Inez, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2010
Never had a problem with management. Was basically neutral.

I was just going through a rough time in life and stopped showing up.
what do you mean

Flatgap, KY

#7 Jun 22, 2010
everyone keeps saying it anit what it ue to be, what do you mean? I was thinking about going to work there but how is it different than any other job?
ex-worker

Staffordsville, KY

#8 Jun 22, 2010
they say they changed things way they use to bring things on floor and in the backroom/stock room and just the big walmart corp. changing and trying to get rid of the ones been there long time and bunch BS.They are all time trying to make it harder on the workers!Good luck
Someone or Other

Hagerhill, KY

#9 Jun 23, 2010
I felt a change coming on for a few months, glad I got out when I did. There is life after Wal-Mart.
pixie

Staffordsville, KY

#10 Jun 24, 2010
me too i quit after 4 yrs there...Thought it was funny the BIG manager got fired...ha ha ha

“Flyin Friendly”

Since: Apr 10

Imaginaria

#11 Jun 24, 2010
The Geek 127

Louisville, KY

#12 Mar 18, 2012
I worked for walmart, I knew some girl who walked out of one Walmart then got rehired at another walmart. As for me, the first Walmart I worked at for a couple of years, when quitting on a 2 weeks notice, that walmart still wouldn't hire me back, and I found that they gave other employers bad reference about me also. However another walmart hired me, though I'm not giving them a notice at all next time.

I say it's fine to give them no notice at all.

“So Sweet ;)”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 18, 2012
There are REASONS why employers do not rehire the employee that left.

You must've not left a good impression on them.

“Kick ROCKS!!”

Location hidden

#14 Mar 19, 2012
Cherie Bomb wrote:
There are REASONS why employers do not rehire the employee that left.
You must've not left a good impression on them.
Can I leave an impression on YOU?

“So Sweet ;)”

Location hidden

#15 Mar 19, 2012
Hill Billy Prisoner wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I leave an impression on YOU?
Anytime baby...you know I'm always game.
What A World

Pierceton, IN

#16 Mar 19, 2012
I cannot imagine anyone only working for a company for two or three years. I guess thats because I worked for one employer for 42 years and 3 months.
What A World

Pierceton, IN

#17 Mar 19, 2012
Wow!!! don't know what happened there. Sorry.
knows well

Staffordsville, KY

#18 Mar 21, 2012
i use to work for walmart and i knew 2 or 3 ppl who quit and came back and the one did not give notice and they took her back like 3 times her quiting on them.Never know,id say if you didnt piss em off too bad they might if they need someone.They have changed alot,now you dont just do "Your Job' ya have to do every one elses too!
Meme

Sparks, NV

#19 Oct 15, 2012
I am in the process of being rehired, only having worked once at walmart helps. I had some issues when I transferred to a new store, and since I was new I didnt go to the store manager like I should have. However, that same store manager came into my new job, over 6 months later and asked me to come back. Im now in the process, and the HR dept just has to approve it. I would go to the store manager and explain the situation.
misb5

Stanton, KY

#20 Oct 15, 2012
Most places realy dont care if you give notice they tell you to go home , when you do that has been what I have seen a lot .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Linz Daniels 13 min McCoart 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr uMoron 143,061
Alphabetical Word Association (Jul '13) 3 hr Intrepid Surfer 499
Add a word, drop a word (Nov '10) 3 hr Intrepid Surfer 10,415
Change a Letter Game (Nov '10) 4 hr texas pete 6,671
Big Mellon Party store in Appletree Plaza (Jan '12) 5 hr Mrs Clause 104
does anyone know 7 hr kat 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paintsville Mortgages