Several upstate schools report drug-r...

Several upstate schools report drug-resistant staph cases -

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 20, 2007, titled Several upstate schools report drug-resistant staph cases -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Affected schools are cleaning and disinfecting buildings and locker rooms. Skin infections are spread by contact.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Saveourkids

Parkville, MD

#1 Oct 22, 2007
Its all over Maryland also. Anne Arundel School have had a really hard time with it spreading. They need to close schools and disinfect everything.
Jon

New York, NY

#2 Oct 22, 2007
It's in fairport now, but everything has been disinfected.
Shawna Allen

Calhan, CO

#3 Oct 22, 2007
We like near Colorado Springs and three weeks ago I put my 16 year old doughter in the hospital for an infection on her knee. For a week we were going back and forth so she could get IV antibiotics plus taking 2 types of oral antibiotic. Finally on a Friday we had to admit her and it still didn't work at first. Then they gave her some super antibiotic and it started to work but she had a reaction to it. So they gave her benydral and had to give it to her 30 minutes before the antibiotic. Also the antibiotic is suppose to pumped in to the patient in one hour and for my doughter they had to do it over a three hour period.

All of this happened after falling on the gym floor and got a scrap on the floor. Now I am giving my children hand sanitizer to clean a cut at school because it is alchohol and they may not get to soap and water right away.

This infection spread fast and was painful. It got red on the area and hurt to walk on.
Kalinka

Bronx, NY

#4 Oct 23, 2007
Friend of mine's daughter is infected. She's a good, clean kid from a solid middle-income household
. Please make sure your kids don't blow this off - it's a serious thing. My friend's daughter is at Kingston HS.

You can't keep your hands clean enough - cover wounds, paper cuts, eraser marks, etc. Use Bacitracin on cuts, use Pureal to clean your hands periodically throughout the day.

Please take this seriously.
mei

Rochester, NY

#5 Nov 2, 2007
not for nothing kalinka but what does being a clean kid from a solid middle income household have anything to do with this infection. Are you saying only low income people should be infected with this??
mei

Smithboro, NY

#6 Nov 18, 2007
infetced!
all the maryland state loads on ny and la of ct opens to nm
jon alger

Smithboro, NY

#7 Nov 18, 2007
nm open ct for 12 hours bwfore mb to arkanas to new york before delaware and new hampshire
mei

Smithboro, NY

#8 Nov 18, 2007
ow!bath ny open may st and purdy st
jon alger

Smithboro, NY

#10 Nov 18, 2007
stop spam!
mei

Smithboro, NY

#11 Nov 18, 2007
is he spamming ammare?
mei

Smithboro, NY

#13 Nov 18, 2007
sop the spamming off!
ammara

Smithboro, NY

#14 Nov 18, 2007
tthis topix spamm from 2 right hands but.dont call the mod ty
mei

Smithboro, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2007
wat!mod
jon alger

Smithboro, NY

#17 Nov 18, 2007
spammuing bonus!@@@@@@@@@
ammare

Smithboro, NY

#18 Nov 18, 2007
@@@@@@FORever d azwob snow!Out can you help jaon algaer
ammare

Smithboro, NY

#19 Nov 18, 2007
i naeed to do tahs this my laend out of my crawliang hands
amaara

Smithboro, NY

#20 Nov 18, 2007
ammare?where your mod listener
amaara

Smithboro, NY

#21 Nov 18, 2007
his name is mod paul and mod ray
mod paul

Smithboro, NY

#22 Nov 18, 2007
stop spamming!you have a nothing in you!
mod ray

Smithboro, NY

#23 Nov 18, 2007
you can banned from a forum!!!!!!!!!nooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo@@@@@@@@@ @

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painted Post Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holocaust survivor to speak in Corning Updated at (Apr '16) May 26 USS LIBERTY 2
News Corning police officer fired, may face charges (Mar '08) Apr '17 Vibes 11
Eric Smith and parole 2014 (Oct '13) Apr '17 Struck 71
Public "make out sessions" Mar '17 Carrie123 1
News Grand Rapids murderer appeals conviction on cla... (Jun '10) Mar '17 dol 4
catholic priests raped boys in corning ny (Jan '12) Nov '16 the dennings 10
A Haunting In Corning (Feb '12) Oct '16 Struck 8

Painted Post Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Painted Post Mortgages