Lincoln Football Program

Lincoln Football Program

Posted in the Paint Lick Forum

Bench warmer

United States

#2 Aug 10, 2012
Maybe its not as much '"click" related as it is work ethic,strength, ability, and their willingness to listen. I don't know who these people are that got cut, but i'm sure it was to free up spots for better players.
umissedit

Somerset, KY

#5 Aug 10, 2012
Bench warmer wrote:
Maybe its not as much '"click" related as it is work ethic,strength, ability, and their willingness to listen. I don't know who these people are that got cut, but i'm sure it was to free up spots for better players.
Nope my friend it's never that simple. Bottom line, program needs a good house cleaning, A Clean Sweep...
Probable

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2012
I would say that is exactly what will happen after the school year is over.A house cleaning with the football program and it is long overdue.Lincoln has to much tradition to be handled the way it is.
Gees

Danville, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Yeh this topix trash will help any situation. I don't even know what grade level or kid you are talking about but I am sure there is more to it. Dig a little deeper. Kids will not always tell their parents the truth ;-) Go to the school and call a meeting with the correct ppl and get your truthful answers and I BET you will be a little surprised and maybe a little disappointed in your kid!!!
sooo blind

Somerset, KY

#15 Aug 11, 2012
Blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Great...didnt need them no way if they dont want to work like the rest of the team..period!
You know something, there is more work some people are obligated to do and many times it take perseverance over what you guys call practice. And maybe some day you will get to play in the real world & get a good slap in the face with real world reality. You are a perfect example of what is the most important thing in LCHS, SPORTS not education. Pity pity

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 11, 2012
no clue wrote:
<quoted text> That's called coach manipulation! Oh ahh, I want this one gone but I don't want anyone blaming me, ahh, so best wasy to stay ahh in good lime light, use the team to make the cut. ahhh, now I get to use my mind manipulation techniques. oh boy oh boy I love this technique cause I get to play with puppets again.
You named yourself right you have no clue. Your just on here cring. I,m not a coach, but I am a parent of a bench warmer who will not see the field in a varsity game this season, he does whats expected of him and follows the rules. Sounds like you think your special. Well your not so get over it baby.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#19 Aug 11, 2012
Information wrote:
Isn't that the truth! Coaches use players against each other. I know one coach that has groups of kids against each other and he turns kids against the other coaches because he wants to be head coach. You aren't living in 1980 anymore BROTHER! It's ridiculous how things are done. I know that several kids on that team are pushed harder than most and the coaches kids get cut slack all the time. It's a joke!
that is very true if you are not a starter then they don't care about you if see a bench warmer using tobacco they go off but if it's one of the starters they don't care
u have no clue

Somerset, KY

#20 Aug 11, 2012
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>You named yourself right you have no clue. Your just on here cring. I,m not a coach, but I am a parent of a bench warmer who will not see the field in a varsity game this season, he does whats expected of him and follows the rules. Sounds like you think your special. Well your not so get over it baby.
No, I don't think I'am special, I just think and know this school system needs to give their tree a shake & get the deadwood out. Let me guess, you were on the team when you were in school. After reviewing you comment, you are a perfect example of sports coming first and not English/Grammar in school system.

No, Tim Boomhauer I'm not a student. I graduated from this so called school program years ago. I worked full time and put myself thru college, maintained a 4.3GPA and now possess three degrees. Only mistake I made was coming back to this area to semi-retire and think I could possibly make a positive change in peoples lives. This school system has their priorities backwards in so many ways, and they aren't preparing your child and the rest with proper tools needed to survive in this big world. Yes, I am proud the State Board of Education has finally stepped in. I truly hope they positively revamp everything right on DOWN to the Athletic Program. One step in the positive direction would be to eliminate sports programs for a brief period and focus on the young minds in the school that will be our FUTURE. Lincoln County School System's past/recent ethics has created a dilemma that is critical and guess what or who is going to suffer? Might turn a few heads when State does do a thorough job.........

And as for the football program situation, you know just as I, coaches work ethics is wrong. He/They have no clue how to positively teach team work, leadership, rule compliance and strategy.

oh boy

Somerset, KY

#24 Aug 12, 2012
answer wrote:
<quoted text> Clean house NOW!! Parents need to pull what students remain from the program immediately. Some good old down time or time out if you want to call it that. If adults want to act like children and use our kids as pawns that's it.
Just what did this teach children involved? So, basically they didn't do wrong, but were used as in a chess game and then thrwn to the side like trash! Good job coaches.....
Don't think anybody wanted to hear that.

What does this county have, parents, that aren't involved in all aspects of their children's lives. Teachers and coaches that manipulate your children with the ulterior motive to promote themselves. Parents that don't take the initiative and step up to bat for their children well being aren't any better than coaches/teachers.

Just who pays the price?
Whoa

Danville, KY

#25 Aug 12, 2012
Yeah it would help to give our kids nothing to do after school. What a joke!! My kid gets excellent grades and that is mostly bc he loves sports and he knows my ground rule is you don't make the grades you don't play period! And I also know basketball coaches also carry this rule. It's a fact! So how would taking away sports help our kids? The ones that are going to make the grades will most likely make them with or without sports. But without sports you increase the risk of drug and alcohol abuse along with falling grades. So get real!!!!!!!!!!
TWIMC

United States

#28 Aug 13, 2012
u have no clue wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't think I'am special, I just think and know this school system needs to give their tree a shake & get the deadwood out. Let me guess, you were on the team when you were in school. After reviewing you comment, you are a perfect example of sports coming first and not English/Grammar in school system.
No, Tim Boomhauer I'm not a student. I graduated from this so called school program years ago. I worked full time and put myself thru college, maintained a 4.3GPA and now possess three degrees. Only mistake I made was coming back to this area to semi-retire and think I could possibly make a positive change in peoples lives. This school system has their priorities backwards in so many ways, and they aren't preparing your child and the rest with proper tools needed to survive in this big world. Yes, I am proud the State Board of Education has finally stepped in. I truly hope they positively revamp everything right on DOWN to the Athletic Program. One step in the positive direction would be to eliminate sports programs for a brief period and focus on the young minds in the school that will be our FUTURE. Lincoln County School System's past/recent ethics has created a dilemma that is critical and guess what or who is going to suffer? Might turn a few heads when State does do a thorough job.........
And as for the football program situation, you know just as I, coaches work ethics is wrong. He/They have no clue how to positively teach team work, leadership, rule compliance and strategy.
After reading through your response I would recommend you ask for a reimbursement of the tuition you paid for your three "degrees." If one of your degrees is in English I would sue the institution for wrongly presenting it self as a college.
wow

Nicholasville, KY

#31 Aug 21, 2012
Agree
TWIMC wrote:
<quoted text>After reading through your response I would recommend you ask for a reimbursement of the tuition you paid for your three "degrees." If one of your degrees is in English I would sue the institution for wrongly presenting it self as a college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paint Lick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hastings closing soon! 15 min No Bully 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min another viewer 153,913
Brodhead backpacker people 53 min Resident 8
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 1 hr ColeCash 1,085
Stomper toy trucks from the 80's 1 hr gigi 27
Debate 1 Goes to HRC 1 hr TRUMP will be Pre... 15
Berea College and Foley Middle 2 hr mad 8

Paint Lick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paint Lick Mortgages