Train Fatally Strikes Woman in Paines...

Train Fatally Strikes Woman in Painesville

There are 97 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 19, 2010, titled Train Fatally Strikes Woman in Painesville. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Authorities tell Fox 8 News that a 26-year-old woman died Friday morning after being struck by a train in Lake County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Morning Coffee Man

Canton, OH

#2 Feb 19, 2010
pistoff wrote:
This just goes to show you that nothing good can happen when a women gets behind the wheel of a car.
You need to seek help for your insane attitude.
Morning Coffee Man

Canton, OH

#3 Feb 19, 2010
Does the cr0ssing the woman was killed at have flashing lights?
S in Cleveland

Mentor, OH

#4 Feb 19, 2010
Right, Pistoff. Too bad you can' read as it said they were WALKING. Idiot
Jake

Wooster, OH

#5 Feb 19, 2010
pistoff wrote:
This just goes to show you that nothing good can happen when a women gets behind the wheel of a car.
I didn't get the impression there was a car involved. Sounds like they were walking ot what passes for it after a night out.
TMJ

Cleveland, OH

#7 Feb 19, 2010
Here's the Metromix Cleveland review of Tony's:

Tony's Subway Inn's cheap prices attempt to make up for the unsavory conditions. The local dive bar's location is not ideal and the interior is, let's be blunt here, absolutely filthy. Tony's offers a variety of less–than–average sandwiches, but the full bar is what attracts the crowd. Locals frequent Tony's, despite its faults, because of the cheap booze.

Darwin was absolutly correct. I think "Cheap booze prices" was the alure. Unsavory was what caught my eye.
voice of reason

Cleveland, OH

#8 Feb 19, 2010
A women was killed. She is dead, and all you morons can comment on is the stupidity of females. Yeah your proving your sex to be superior huh? It doesnt really matter if she was driving, walking or otherwise. She is someones daughter, sister, maybe even mother you insolent inconsiderate fools. Get a life.
drunk hillbillies

Lorain, OH

#9 Feb 19, 2010
They were drunk hillbillies that is not news.

“I will not keep my voice down!”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 19, 2010
voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I supremely apologize for the previous post.
I am presently on the rag and not thinking straight.
LMAO

I'm sorry, but that was hilarious!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Feb 19, 2010
@ DSGRL-God does'nt like ugly..you need to take a look in the mirror and keep your ignorant comment to yourself. Really.......

“I will not keep my voice down!”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#14 Feb 19, 2010
DSGRL wrote:
Scratch one white trash drunk hillbilly.
Racist.
voice of reason

Cleveland, OH

#15 Feb 19, 2010
Well i can see what an extreme lack of intelligence this crowd has. Its a good thing this wasn't your family. I think you might feel differently if it had been.
This women's lapse of judgment is obviously apparent, however it is still a tragedy. You all tease and I bet your all hypocritical "Good Christians as well"
As I said before your all fools.
Mark

Independence, OH

#18 Feb 19, 2010
They were not driving and it was not at a crossing. They were walking on private property with visible "No Trespassing" signs.I work for CSX, and know the area. The Railroad Police are constantly being dispatched to chase off people. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But people need to realize trespassing, trying to beat a train, & not listening to common sense is never a good idea.
Meg

Solon, OH

#19 Feb 19, 2010
Everybody needs to be thinking about the womans children!! Keep them in your prayers this was all an accident. Ya'll real ignorant to be talking about something when u don't know the whole story
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Mentor, OH

#20 Feb 19, 2010
YOU ARE ALL DISGUSTING. A WOMEN WAS KILLED WEATHER YOU THINK SHE WAS DUMB FOR CROSSING THE TRACKS OR IF YOU THINK SHE WAS A HILLBILLY. THIS WOMEN HAD CHILDREN. SHE WAS SOMEONES MOTHER AND DAUGHTER. YOU ALL ARE IGNORANT. LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID IF THIS WAS YOUR FAMILY IT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY NOW WOULD IT. WELL LETS HOPE ALL YOU IGNORANT ASS PEOPLE GET HIT BY A TRAIN TONIGHT. HOW IS THAT FOR FUNNY. DISGUSTING
Midnight

Cleveland, OH

#21 Feb 19, 2010
voice of reason wrote:
A women was killed. She is dead, and all you morons can comment on is the stupidity of females. Yeah your proving your sex to be superior huh? It doesnt really matter if she was driving, walking or otherwise. She is someones daughter, sister, maybe even mother you insolent inconsiderate fools. Get a life.
I agree. It just shows how mentally unsable they are by making stupid comments when one woman has died and another injured. Some people just like drama, even men.

My prayers to both families. One for a full recovery and one that she rest in peace. I just lost my Nephew last week so I know the pain the family will be going through. I wish they all find peace.
wowed

United States

#22 Feb 19, 2010
All of u people make me sick.. no matter if she was drunk white trash or whatever the fact is a young mother of 2 innocent children is dead have a little remorse damn... i knew her personally and even though she was not perfest she always took care of her children and always made sure they had what they needed and now a 2 yr old and 5 yr old gotta live without a mother and all u people can do is critsize.. thats whats wrong with this world.. GROW-UP!!!!!!
Morning Coffee Man

Canton, OH

#23 Feb 19, 2010
One thing is for certain: All anyone has to do, to see just how pathetic and insensitive our society has become, is to read forums on the internet.

Don't you find it interesting that people are so intent upon inciting anger in other people, by posting cruel comments about people who are in accidents, like some of those we have read in this story? Obviously, they have no value for life, whatsoever.
cosmic charlie

Louisville, KY

#24 Feb 19, 2010
if the police have issued that many citations for railroadtrespass there is obviously a need for people to be in that area that should be addressed
Kyle

Monroe, MI

#25 Feb 19, 2010
I grew up a few blocks from Tony's and the Metromixer hit the nail on the head with their review someone posted... almost 10 years ago a kid I played middle school football with got shot behind that bar and dumped at a local park to bleed to death :( over like $1500 dollars someone seen when he was buying rounds of drinks.

There is not a crosswalk in this location noone belongs back there derelicts have long hung around back there since it is close to the beer distributer and they often find ways to score beer during the summer when the garage doors of the distributor are left open. the road goes under the train bridge and therefore noone has any good reason to be there. I feel for the womans family.
Kyle

Monroe, MI

#26 Feb 19, 2010
the 50 citations were from across the city since in 99 or 98 when a Harvey student was hit by a train and killed the city has in their defense patrolled the tracks much more noticibally

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Logan County chop-shop operator held in 6-ye... 29 min youneed2know 1
News Victoria Bascom pleads guilty, accepts unusual ... 5 hr DILF 1
News Trucker accused of revenge against high-beam dr... (Dec '06) May 20 Mjdksmshdj 16
St. John's home for girls, painesville, ohio Apr '15 sue lull 1
A Female Named Shawn or Sean from Chardon Mar '15 Gr8wrtr 2
What's up Mar '15 belladcolman_12345 1
Scammed by Grand River Poodles by Roberta Katona (May '12) Mar '15 belladcolman_12345 18
More from around the web

Painesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]