Facing deportation, mother has hard c...

Facing deportation, mother has hard choice: Should she leave her children behind?

There are 621 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Nov 27, 2010, titled Facing deportation, mother has hard choice: Should she leave her children behind?. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

Jonathon Maldonado, 6, is a U.S. citizen by birth, but the government plans to deport his brother Ivan, left, his aunt Rosa Martinez, center, and his mother, Manuela, who must decide whether to take Jonathon to Mexico or leave him to grow up in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

First Prev
of 32
Next Last
Boo Hoo

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2010
Send them all packing. We don't need to support another anchor baby.

Judged:

18

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TEA

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2010
So much for those family values they tout...
Down and Out

New York, NY

#3 Nov 27, 2010
Manuela rolled the dice and appears to have lost - so it goes when the games of chance are played.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Where to start on this travesty?

1) Mama here 13 years,No English Speak.
2) Already have two children,but get busy breeding FOUR more-don't think any of those Lil' Munchkins were on WIC/food stamps/Medicaid/free school meals,do ya? Look at the obese child in the photo.
3) Illegal son has already followed Breeder Mamas' legacy by breeding his own illegitimate brat-any takers that THIS kid also is being fed by the taxpayers? Ship the entire clan home before they breed again.I'd dearly love to know the exact amount of financial resources this bunch has sucked up in the last 13 years.

Judged:

15

12

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Nov 27, 2010
Copperpossum, could you do me a favor please?

On the immigration reform forums and pols menu, I dont see any pols, do you? Not the pol button. I scrolled a few pages and dont see any pols

Im wondering if they or gone or if I got barred.
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 27, 2010
Had they reached the 10-year threshold, both would have been entitled to apply for legal status.
WTFHow does that work ?
If you get away with it for 10 years there's a get out of jail free card?
How can anyone live illegally in another country and not be breaking many laws- but if you do it for 10+ years it's ok.1694
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 27, 2010
Mr. Smith,

Where were they working?

Anything happening to the employers?

Were they paying taxes (all, some?); and I don't mean- just when they went to the store.

WIC?
Free lunch.
Other free for them benefits (medical, food, utilities,,,)

You tell us what a hardship it is for them but what about the burden they place on Americans- including the working poor Americans.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10 Nov 27, 2010
b4its2late wrote:
Copperpossum, could you do me a favor please?
On the immigration reform forums and pols menu, I dont see any pols, do you? Not the pol button. I scrolled a few pages and dont see any pols
Im wondering if they or gone or if I got barred.
On my initial 'immigration reform forum',I see a 'create a poll' feature,but no polls.Wonder if yours has anything to do with a blocked cookie,perhaps? Just a guess....
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Nov 27, 2010
copperpossum wrote:
<quoted text>
On my initial 'immigration reform forum',I see a 'create a poll' feature,but no polls.Wonder if yours has anything to do with a blocked cookie,perhaps? Just a guess....
Copper...Thanks for taking the time to check.

That's the way mine is also. When I didnt see any pols, I thought I may have been blocked, because they didnt like some of my pols.

Thanks again
wallflower

Wilmette, IL

#12 Nov 27, 2010
Deport them all, i've had enough already. arrogant,ungrateful arses.
Lois

Seattle, WA

#13 Nov 27, 2010
Hey! Not a problem...take 'em withcha!

I find it interesting that they have been in the US for almost 10 years, AND SHE NEEDED AN INTERPRETER!!! I ALSO FIND IT INTERTERSTING THAT THE YOUNG KIDS DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPEAK SPANISH, BUT THE MOTHER CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH...That's the problem, Mexicans have cried wolf so long, that we don't believe a word they say! They lie, lie, lie!

As far as what to do with the kid(s)...please note that the 18 year old already has a baby, "that he is taking care of") TAKE THEM WITH YOU!!! They always act as if deportation is sudden and unexpected, and that the big bad wolf ICE, is seperating families, to their great surprise and unpreparedness. They NEVER take responsibility for what they have done to themselves, they seem to never expected consequences. It's as though, "...look at the mess you racist Americans have gotten me and my family in!

Advice: Hurry, the bus is waiting! If you REALLY hurry, you may get there in time to be with your hubby who was deported just before you!

Don't know anyone there? Who did you send your remittances to? That deal in Mexico where you can build a summer home on the coast and they will finance it for you through your remittances, that you will retire to after you have raped America...didn't know we know about that one, did ya?
Deece

Milton, MA

#14 Nov 27, 2010
Let me get this straight. The mother has been here since 1997 but still can't speak English and needed an interpreter for the interview. Yet, the article states very clearly...."most of the children speak only English". How on earth has since woman been properly raising her children if she can't even communicate to them in the only language they understand....ENGLISH.

Plus, I seriously have to question the the parental fitness of any mother who would even remotely be considering the option of simply abandoning her children and leaving them behind in another country simply because a document says they've been granted citizenship. Big deal. Apparently that birth certificate holds more value to this mother than the prospect of keeping her family together. This alone makes me very skeptical about her parental skills. Sounds like she's is either an unfit mother or they're really bringing out the violins to lay another sob story on us about illegal immigrants who broke the law but don't think the consequences should apply to them.

Seems like there's something very disingenuous about this woman and she's trying to manipulate the media coverage so people will feel sorry for her.
Speeders Kill Kids

Roy, WA

#15 Nov 27, 2010
Deece wrote:
Seems like there's something very disingenuous about this woman and she's trying to manipulate the media coverage so people will feel sorry for her.
Seems?? I guarantee that's what this criminal parasite is doing. They play americans for fools all the time. "Geeve me free everytheeng or i call you raceest"
Deece

Milton, MA

#16 Nov 27, 2010
Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems?? I guarantee that's what this criminal parasite is doing. They play americans for fools all the time. "Geeve me free everytheeng or i call you raceest"
Yeah, your right.

I'm still waiting for somebody to follow up on the Nicky Diaz case. When is she being charged with identity fraud and deported? The liberal media was all over that case during the elections (when they wanted to see it bring Meg Whitman down) but now none of them are following it through to completion. The last update I heard involved Whitman having to fork over $5500 in back pay. Now....lets see some closure. That phony, with her crocodile tears needs to be booted out of the US.

Since: Apr 09

small town

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Where are the Family value? Where is the Father? DEPORT the Whole Family. Why do UNITED STATES CITIZENS have to raise a illegal immigrant child? Family should stay together!!
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#18 Nov 28, 2010
Boo Hoo wrote:
Send them all packing. We don't need to support another anchor baby.
Just another one of the many sob stories from the lawbreakers!
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#19 Nov 28, 2010
copperpossum wrote:
Where to start on this travesty?
1) Mama here 13 years,No English Speak.
2) Already have two children,but get busy breeding FOUR more-don't think any of those Lil' Munchkins were on WIC/food stamps/Medicaid/free school meals,do ya? Look at the obese child in the photo.
3) Illegal son has already followed Breeder Mamas' legacy by breeding his own illegitimate brat-any takers that THIS kid also is being fed by the taxpayers? Ship the entire clan home before they breed again.I'd dearly love to know the exact amount of financial resources this bunch has sucked up in the last 13 years.
Copperpossum, you hit the nail on the head on all your points!!
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#20 Nov 28, 2010
b4its2late wrote:
Copperpossum, could you do me a favor please?
On the immigration reform forums and pols menu, I dont see any pols, do you? Not the pol button. I scrolled a few pages and dont see any pols
Im wondering if they or gone or if I got barred.
Weren't most of those polls just stupid anyways? Harassment polls created by Rico?
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#21 Nov 28, 2010
AmberDru wrote:
Had they reached the 10-year threshold, both would have been entitled to apply for legal status.
WTFHow does that work ?
If you get away with it for 10 years there's a get out of jail free card?
How can anyone live illegally in another country and not be breaking many laws- but if you do it for 10+ years it's ok.1694
Sounds like that is what the author believes.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#22 Nov 28, 2010
Deece wrote:
Let me get this straight. The mother has been here since 1997 but still can't speak English and needed an interpreter for the interview. Yet, the article states very clearly...."most of the children speak only English". How on earth has since woman been properly raising her children if she can't even communicate to them in the only language they understand....ENGLISH.
Plus, I seriously have to question the the parental fitness of any mother who would even remotely be considering the option of simply abandoning her children and leaving them behind in another country simply because a document says they've been granted citizenship. Big deal. Apparently that birth certificate holds more value to this mother than the prospect of keeping her family together. This alone makes me very skeptical about her parental skills. Sounds like she's is either an unfit mother or they're really bringing out the violins to lay another sob story on us about illegal immigrants who broke the law but don't think the consequences should apply to them.
Seems like there's something very disingenuous about this woman and she's trying to manipulate the media coverage so people will feel sorry for her.
It does sound funny. Do you think the author may be lying to get sympathy as how do the kids communicate with the mother? I agree that you keep the family together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mark Ross (Jan '14) 13 min Bill 2
St. John's home for girls, painesville, ohio (Apr '15) Feb 4 Kristi 34
i eat my own poo (Jun '11) Dec '17 Johnny Jenkins 23
Brown Aveda Institute Nov '17 Etta73 1
News Husband Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Wife (Jul '08) Sep '17 Anonymous 6
News Undocumented immigrant accused of Ohio murder (Aug '15) Jun '17 leiwang2012 3
Ann Edgington (Jun '09) Jun '17 Kim Koenig 6

Painesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Painesville Mortgages