Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Alan 0007 wrote:
I think you all may enjoy this. Maple Festival 1953
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks for the treat. A bit different than when I went in the late 60-70's. The 'go'at cart was amusing.
Chardonnay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Steveb wrote:
I will get pictures of the High School, They built a new 1 million dollar football stadium. The green lantern is gone. I barely can remember where it use to be.
Ahh .. the Green Lantern, was located at south side of street at the bottom of Center street, across from the now new post office. As a kid growing up on that street it was a scary place.
Cindy

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Did you have any luck finding your recipe? I always wanted the recipe for their glazed and jelly donuts.
Mary Alice wrote:
I am looking for the recipe for the hot cross buns at Rickard's --- any ideas???? I have searched numerous stores and they all have the icing on top, not sugar cross.
<quoted text>

Since: Feb 08

NW Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Rickards should publish a cookbook of all their recipes. It would be a good way for them to make money after retirement, plus it would be a good way of sharing with the community.
Long gone

Newman Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

Judged:

Its been a long time since I've visted. I grew up there and always thought it was a pretty place. But for a city that tries to pride itself as picturesque you'd think they could do away with so many ugly overhead wires around the square - put them underground.
Mary Alice

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Alan 0007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the answer, but why don't you call the Rickard family and see if they have it? Good luck.
How would I get in touch with the Rcikard family?
Tim

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

My wife went to H.S. in Chardon. We lived there when our children were born. Went to church there and left a lot of friends behind. Miss the Maple Festival and the home town felling, but don't miss the snow.
Bob Young

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

I left Chardon in 1968, and my last visit to Chardon was about 4 or so years ago. I have some fond memories of Chardon, and some I would rather forget. Like most places, it has it's positive and negatives. I worked for Wetstien's Bakery at the north in of the square. I grew up with both Ben Franklin's and Isaly's (sp?) on the square. There was a Mom/Pop grocery too. The library was above the fire station on the square with a car dealer ship across the street on the corner of South Hampden St and the square.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Painesville Discussions

Search the Painesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr xxxrayted 25,324
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 9 hr worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) 9 hr squid 118
i eat my own poo (Jun '11) Mon 13254eve 18
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Mon Repub 187
J J O Const Mentor Ohio Apr 3 Unpaid vendor 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mentor, OH (Aug '10) Apr 2 Doesnt Matter 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Painesville Jobs

•••