She halted development that would hav...

She halted development that would have blocked beach access on ...

There are 2 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 23, 2008, titled She halted development that would have blocked beach access on .... In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

In a daily countdown, the Star-Bulletin is profiling 10 people who have made a difference in Hawaii during the past year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

George

Oceanside, CA

#1 Dec 23, 2008
"The Council decided to authorize the payment of $85,000 to Hemming and the Hawaiian group Hui Alanui o Makena for attorneys' fees and court costs."

----------

I'm sorry, but accepting the cash makes her look a little less heroic.
Johannes

Plano, TX

#2 Dec 23, 2008
How does it make her look "less" heroic. She spent her own money to further the cause....for the island of Maui I think 85 gs is getting off cheap and look at what the citizens retain...beach access and community unity. If I had ponied up that much dough and won the cause you bet I would take it if it were offered to me to offset my own costs. It doesnt make anyone less heroic. Its a cheap deal for the state and the island. Good grief~! And I doubt she was doing it to be heroic. Thats a myopic view of her goals I think

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) Nov 27 Big balls 5
Paying respect and fentanyl Nov '17 three blocks 1
Joe Groomes (Mar '17) Aug '17 Nancy Groomes 2
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 14
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... (Mar '17) Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukme 1

Paia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paia Mortgages