Letters

There are 13 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

City loans help consumers go solar We are all aware of global warming and the importance of reducing our consumption of oil.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Disgusted

Lahaina, HI

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Mahalo, Mark! Both major parties are controlled by the extreme right or extreme left despite the fact that the country as a whole wants a centrist government to save the middle class. This forces the voters to choose between the least of two evils. Corky got it right with his cartoon showing the guy who voted for "none of the above."
Sammy

Renton, WA

#2 Feb 29, 2008
Can we get Ralph to run as "None of the above?"
PunaWho

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Feb 29, 2008
Right on Beverly. I agree with you 100% on Sen Obama. What has he done for Hawaii? Hawaii people are so gaga over people who are in the spotlight that set foot on the islands. Ain't no big thing IMHO.
Eva

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Do you think one man will solve these problems? or is one the head and the rest blymmies?
Eva

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Feb 29, 2008
City loans that were just added to your power bill without asking....
KBoy

United States

#14 Feb 29, 2008
RE: "Imua Kamehameha from a descendant of the great Kamehameha line. Beverly Rose Keohoolani Robinson Kahalewai Addington"

Ever notice how every Hawaiian you meet say they are descended from Kamehameha the Great. He must have been very prolific, eh?
Earl

Honolulu, HI

#15 Feb 29, 2008
Um, so one woman's complaint about Obama is that she doesn't know anything about him, and he hasn't done anything for Hawaii?

Okay, so why doesn't she try to educate herself about him? And what has Hillary done for Hawaii?

Really, really empty arguments from this lady. I don't know why the Bulletin even published the letter.
Jason Vancura

Honolulu, HI

#21 Feb 29, 2008
I could care less about Obama and Clinton. Seeing how the Democrats have ruined Hawaii with favoritism, cronyism and corruption for decades, I'm voting for McCain!
K_Boy

Pearl City, HI

#22 Feb 29, 2008
Right on Jason.
Votefor him

United States

#23 Feb 29, 2008
Also - right on Jason. If there are enough of us out here... and those "other two" rip each other apart.. YES. If you think your taxes are high now just vote for a DEM.
Hapa Haole

Hilo, HI

#24 Mar 7, 2008
Dear Web Master S-B:

A recent letter writer, opined that Sen. Obama reminds him of the philosopher-king written by Plato.

I am reminded of Marcus Aurelius and King Arthur, the former acted by Richard Harris in "Gladiator" & the latter enacted by the same thespian in the musical "Camelot".

Sir Alec Ginnis (sic.) acted the role of Marcus Aurelius in "The Fall of the Roman Empire" right the division of the empire from in-fighting and clash of ambitions.

So, I would prefer a practiced hand in charge of our Nation, if not a "dreamer" or a philosopher. Socrates, or Plato once said,"Those who can do, do, and those who can't, become philosphers."
LEO

Honolulu, HI

#25 Mar 12, 2008
Mahalo to Beverly for her letter "Punahou degree isn't qualification for office"! Finally, an intelligent, sensible person amongst us! Her comments are spot on and more people need to realize that we are not electing a cheerleader with charisma. We are electing the President of the United States!!!

“Give me a big old KISS!”

Since: Dec 07

Claycomo,MO

#26 Mar 22, 2008
Sammy wrote:
Can we get Ralph to run as "None of the above?"
yeah!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? (Jan '15) 3 hr -Sprocket- 4
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 19 Musikologist 11
News Hawaii Gov. Ige will let bill extending Oahu's ... Jul '15 Bozobama 5
News Maui Residents Brace For Tsunami (Feb '10) Jun '15 u never know where 3
News Maui Superferry Ruling a Blow to Company, a Vic... (Oct '07) Jun '15 Treetop rider 3
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... Jun '15 Treetop rider 2
Review: Boulange Chris MD (Jul '13) Jul '13 Varucca 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paia Mortgages