broadband internet in Pahrump?

Posted in the Pahrump Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Ryan

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Mar 22, 2008
Does anyone know the options for highspeed cable modem or dsl in Pahrump?

Thanks

“Who Is John Galt?”

Since: Dec 07

Pahrump, NV

#2 Mar 22, 2008
Good luck with high speed in this town. Cable (CMA) is wired only in certain areas of town, so it depends on where you reside. Air Internet & Keyon are providers here but both are SO bogged down they can't handle any other subscribers satisfactorily. Air Internet at least has a local office to complain at, Keyon doesn't. Wild Blue isn't offering anymore service, and AT&T is still in their experimental stage and also with location limitations. Welcome to the 19th Century!

Since: Jul 07

Stockton, CA

#3 Apr 28, 2008
BlackStarRanch wrote:
Good luck with high speed in this town. Cable (CMA) is wired only in certain areas of town, so it depends on where you reside. Air Internet & Keyon are providers here but both are SO bogged down they can't handle any other subscribers satisfactorily. Air Internet at least has a local office to complain at, Keyon doesn't. Wild Blue isn't offering anymore service, and AT&T is still in their experimental stage and also with location limitations. Welcome to the 19th Century!
I would think wireless would be the way to go. Lots of open access to the heavens...
D-Rod

Omaha, NE

#4 May 8, 2008
KeyOn is testing a new WiMax system in Pahrump shortly, and if the test is successful, it will allow for greater throughput speeds and more reliable service.
Larryk

United States

#5 Nov 2, 2008
AT&T/Yahoo DSL is now available throughout Pahrump.

Since: Oct 08

Black Squirrel City

#6 Nov 9, 2008
Ezznet on Squawvalley Bv. has service for 29.95
Speed is good for going to web sites but it won't
run videos
BlackStarRanch

United States

#7 Nov 9, 2008
We just got DSL by AT&T....What a difference over dial-up. Since we had an extra phone line before, the new DSL can be used WITHOUT affecting incoming calls, thereby eliminating the need for a second line. The cost savings for the second line pays for DSL.
Billy Beer Goggles

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Dec 4, 2008
I've never had to have a second line for DSL. There should be a filter that AT&T provides. You plug you PC cat cable into the filter and then into the phone socket. DSL should not affect incoming calls.
Larry Harper

Pahrump, NV

#9 Dec 15, 2008
can you tell me if this internet express package for 25.00 a month by AT&T, the best they can offer for Pahrump will run videos and movies with out stopping and rebuffing all the time, or does anyone know of a service for the south side that does. Ezznet is good for going to web sites but won't run videos.
h8louzn

Gardena, CA

#10 Jan 21, 2009
At&t will not run videos most of the time and their 25.00 plan is no better than the entry level. We have the express plan and it will run at 320kbps but that's it.... Not worth the extra 5.00 a month if you ask me! I'm looking at cma at the moment..
Hope it's better than at&t....
pat

Homewood, CA

#11 Jan 22, 2009
Ryan wrote:
Does anyone know the options for highspeed cable modem or dsl in Pahrump?
Thanks
I have AT&T DSL with no phone 19.95 per month and its been running good. i live in the far west side of pahrump
olblue

United States

#12 Jan 25, 2009
wildblue by at&t is a scam, they get you to buy there sat system 300 bucks or so then 29 a month, the first month they tell you your over your band width so they slow you down to slower than dial up,Ah but you can up grade to 79 a month for more then the first month geuss what your over your band width, so you can upgrade to another for more money. the kicker is you sign a two year contract with them. thinking you have as good as wimax or so they tell you,, scam scam
jjohn

Ann Arbor, MI

#13 Jan 25, 2009
we went with Keyon, after they gave us a dish and pointed us at a different tower it has been great.
jeremiah

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#14 Feb 9, 2009
o live in the north side of town with keyon we pay for 1.5 mb download speed and we get dial-up speeds. Is Att basic dsl any better???
Black Star Ranch

Paramount, CA

#15 Feb 14, 2009
h8louzn wrote:
At&t will not run videos most of the time and their 25.00 plan is no better than the entry level. We have the express plan and it will run at 320kbps but that's it.... Not worth the extra 5.00 a month if you ask me! I'm looking at cma at the moment..
Hope it's better than at&t....
How can you tell? They advertise 1.5mbps for the Express?
Jeremiah

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#16 Feb 15, 2009
To Test your speeds just go to speedtest.net Ps I dumped keyon and got att basic dsl and its 10x better than keyon
Jeremiah

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#17 Feb 15, 2009
I Called Keyon And Asked What Their Speeds Are And They Told Me 1.5mb
jjohn

Ann Arbor, MI

#18 Feb 15, 2009
keyon will get 1.5 if you are pointed at the correct tower and it depends on the time of day. The tower we were originally pointed at was very overloaded and we got a little better than dial up. I complained and they put up a dish (vs, a flat antenna) and pointed it at a different tower so most of the time we get 1.5 or better. Sometimes well over 2.3.
I miss AT&T wimax though.

Since: Oct 08

Black Squirrel City

#19 Feb 15, 2009
Don't know what this means but this is what Ezznet says this is what their residential customers get ... 256 up 256 down with bursting speeds of 1000 up-down. What ever it means I can't watch a video on any news web site.
Jeremiah

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#20 Feb 15, 2009
I Get about 128kb With Keyon and asked to change towers and their are none any closer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahrump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pahrump Shooting: Wild side tavern 10 hr Dump Bot 33
Advice for illegals in Spanish and English: 10 hr NONOG 1
Our "undersheriff" is not even a cop 13 hr rubber duck 36
Dave CHUMPRION HAS AIDS!!!!! 16 hr We got hosed 2
New Hotel Gouges Guests. 16 hr totally true 12
Pahrump, NV's Rant and Raves page (May '16) Fri The Watcher 19
Accordoing to the Chumpion of David. if you lik... Fri Superior to Dave... 13

Pahrump Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance