Cox looks forward to action on county commission

Nov 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pahrump Valley Times

Donna Cox, president of the Concerned Citizens for a Safe Community, who won election to the Nye County commission District 3 seat Tuesday, invited the public to give their input and advocated more transparency on the board.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2012
Hey Now

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Good to see that Cox is looking forward to some action. :P
Cox Equals Big City

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

"She wants to see improvements on Calvada Boulevard, development on Highway 160, construction of a Kellogg Road Park, opening a couple of satellite libraries, starting a beautification committee and seeing the fairgrounds developed......" Well here we go. Another liar like Harley. First she says she is against development to get elected now look at all the tax money she wants to spend. Where does this money come from? More Taxes! Thanks Donna Taxes
Pahrumpy

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Cox Equals Big City wrote:
"She wants to see improvements on Calvada Boulevard, development on Highway 160, construction of a Kellogg Road Park, opening a couple of satellite libraries, starting a beautification committee and seeing the fairgrounds developed......" Well here we go. Another liar like Harley. First she says she is against development to get elected now look at all the tax money she wants to spend. Where does this money come from? More Taxes! Thanks Donna Taxes
Wrong. Another Myth spread by the Angry Vindictive Stephanie Lopez Positive Pahrump KKKLan.

Development and fixing things up does not = city dumbass
Feek

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Sure, more taxes, OR we could not spend millions on studies like Bill DorkBarger and his merry band of INCORPORATION FREAKS have been doing. What do you know. no one needs more taxes.

It would be best if you shut up now before you make yourself look even more foolish.

“Metaphysical”

Since: Oct 12

Pharump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Let's give her a chance and see what she can do FOR THE CITIZENS of Pahrump.
Smells Like A Duck

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Confirmed it is her quote. She is joining the tax and spend crew. Donna Taxes it is from now on.
Error

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Smells Like A Duck wrote:
Confirmed it is her quote. She is joining the tax and spend crew. Donna Taxes it is from now on.
Funny, I just got off the phone with her and she said no such thing. You better be real careful when slandering certain people in town. They have a whole lot more pull than you lopez.
Now She is Liar

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The quote is direct from the story. I know you people can't read but if you did talk her now it appears that she is also a liar. Donna Taxes Can't Tell The Truth. Her nickname just continues to grow.
Who is

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Donna taxes? I dont know anyone by that name? How strange that a Hardon Kuklin supporter would now start making up names of people that will "Support raising taxes"

Mental illness anyone?
Smile Pahrump

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

We do not have to raise Taxes to make life better here. We only have to redirect the tax money that we already have so that it stays here and stop the Town Boards wasteful spending. This can be done by Recalling the last of the Big Spenders on the Town Board and disolving the Town Managers job plus eliminate his 300 high priced Attys., now. Stop Harley World and their Private, Public, Partnerships, with draw from the League of Cities and Counties, stop all their frivolous Studies, keep the Room Tax money here, privitise the Ambulance Service, revamp the Fire Dept., consolidate several other services and having a Town and County Board that works together. By the way, didn't the Town Board and Manager just lose $168,000. of Fair Ground Grant Money by not doing their job on time. Wonder how they intend to make up for that one. I think that is called malfeasence, misfeasence, and nonfeasence of office. This may be our very last chance for change and we all did the right thing when we voted in new people. Now we need to give them a chance. They all live here too.
Right on

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Smile Pahrump wrote:
We do not have to raise Taxes to make life better here. We only have to redirect the tax money that we already have so that it stays here and stop the Town Boards wasteful spending. This can be done by Recalling the last of the Big Spenders on the Town Board and disolving the Town Managers job plus eliminate his 300 high priced Attys., now. Stop Harley World and their Private, Public, Partnerships, with draw from the League of Cities and Counties, stop all their frivolous Studies, keep the Room Tax money here, privitise the Ambulance Service, revamp the Fire Dept., consolidate several other services and having a Town and County Board that works together. By the way, didn't the Town Board and Manager just lose $168,000. of Fair Ground Grant Money by not doing their job on time. Wonder how they intend to make up for that one. I think that is called malfeasence, misfeasence, and nonfeasence of office. This may be our very last chance for change and we all did the right thing when we voted in new people. Now we need to give them a chance. They all live here too.
Exactly, no more studies (Which are all directed at becoming a city anyway) no more waste, no more town manager (there is a huge savings of people sanity as well), and no more "losing" grants and money.

We dont need more taxes, or higher fees, just simple common sense. Shut down all the extra garbage and waste and take care of Pahrump first.
Lenny

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I think they could close the library or just use volunteers. I hear they closed down the ones in Henderson. I heard they pay someone over 60 grand a year to run it. Sound wastefull, I bet they could fin d someone to do it for half of that with no bennys.
smallbreastedtee n

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Privatize everything. whatever did happen to her?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pahrump Forum right now

Search the Pahrump Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new dollar general store access 3 hr carnik 13
ok drought is over, we got some rain 22 hr Karen Jacks off 3
Harley Cries about another businness failed Wed BLUNDO 3
kayla payton Wed Mongo 4
OH MAN is that Boycott hitting and hitting hard. Tue big bad john 4
Dave Champion in violation of injunction Tue WINNING 9
Emergency vets Tue Jerry Boggs 8
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Nye County was issued at July 31 at 1:38PM PDT