Cox looks forward to action on county...

Cox looks forward to action on county commission

There are 13 comments on the Pahrump Valley Times story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Cox looks forward to action on county commission. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

Donna Cox, president of the Concerned Citizens for a Safe Community, who won election to the Nye County commission District 3 seat Tuesday, invited the public to give their input and advocated more transparency on the board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

Hey Now

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Good to see that Cox is looking forward to some action. :P
Cox Equals Big City

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2012
"She wants to see improvements on Calvada Boulevard, development on Highway 160, construction of a Kellogg Road Park, opening a couple of satellite libraries, starting a beautification committee and seeing the fairgrounds developed......" Well here we go. Another liar like Harley. First she says she is against development to get elected now look at all the tax money she wants to spend. Where does this money come from? More Taxes! Thanks Donna Taxes
Pahrumpy

Pahrump, NV

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Cox Equals Big City wrote:
"She wants to see improvements on Calvada Boulevard, development on Highway 160, construction of a Kellogg Road Park, opening a couple of satellite libraries, starting a beautification committee and seeing the fairgrounds developed......" Well here we go. Another liar like Harley. First she says she is against development to get elected now look at all the tax money she wants to spend. Where does this money come from? More Taxes! Thanks Donna Taxes
Wrong. Another Myth spread by the Angry Vindictive Stephanie Lopez Positive Pahrump KKKLan.

Development and fixing things up does not = city dumbass
Feek

Pahrump, NV

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Sure, more taxes, OR we could not spend millions on studies like Bill DorkBarger and his merry band of INCORPORATION FREAKS have been doing. What do you know. no one needs more taxes.

It would be best if you shut up now before you make yourself look even more foolish.

“Metaphysical”

Since: Oct 12

Pharump, NV

#5 Nov 19, 2012
Let's give her a chance and see what she can do FOR THE CITIZENS of Pahrump.
Smells Like A Duck

Norco, CA

#6 Nov 19, 2012
Confirmed it is her quote. She is joining the tax and spend crew. Donna Taxes it is from now on.
Error

Pahrump, NV

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Smells Like A Duck wrote:
Confirmed it is her quote. She is joining the tax and spend crew. Donna Taxes it is from now on.
Funny, I just got off the phone with her and she said no such thing. You better be real careful when slandering certain people in town. They have a whole lot more pull than you lopez.
Now She is Liar

United States

#8 Nov 20, 2012
The quote is direct from the story. I know you people can't read but if you did talk her now it appears that she is also a liar. Donna Taxes Can't Tell The Truth. Her nickname just continues to grow.
Who is

Pahrump, NV

#9 Nov 20, 2012
Donna taxes? I dont know anyone by that name? How strange that a Hardon Kuklin supporter would now start making up names of people that will "Support raising taxes"

Mental illness anyone?
Smile Pahrump

Hawthorne, CA

#10 Nov 21, 2012
We do not have to raise Taxes to make life better here. We only have to redirect the tax money that we already have so that it stays here and stop the Town Boards wasteful spending. This can be done by Recalling the last of the Big Spenders on the Town Board and disolving the Town Managers job plus eliminate his 300 high priced Attys., now. Stop Harley World and their Private, Public, Partnerships, with draw from the League of Cities and Counties, stop all their frivolous Studies, keep the Room Tax money here, privitise the Ambulance Service, revamp the Fire Dept., consolidate several other services and having a Town and County Board that works together. By the way, didn't the Town Board and Manager just lose $168,000. of Fair Ground Grant Money by not doing their job on time. Wonder how they intend to make up for that one. I think that is called malfeasence, misfeasence, and nonfeasence of office. This may be our very last chance for change and we all did the right thing when we voted in new people. Now we need to give them a chance. They all live here too.
Right on

Pahrump, NV

#11 Nov 21, 2012
Smile Pahrump wrote:
We do not have to raise Taxes to make life better here. We only have to redirect the tax money that we already have so that it stays here and stop the Town Boards wasteful spending. This can be done by Recalling the last of the Big Spenders on the Town Board and disolving the Town Managers job plus eliminate his 300 high priced Attys., now. Stop Harley World and their Private, Public, Partnerships, with draw from the League of Cities and Counties, stop all their frivolous Studies, keep the Room Tax money here, privitise the Ambulance Service, revamp the Fire Dept., consolidate several other services and having a Town and County Board that works together. By the way, didn't the Town Board and Manager just lose $168,000. of Fair Ground Grant Money by not doing their job on time. Wonder how they intend to make up for that one. I think that is called malfeasence, misfeasence, and nonfeasence of office. This may be our very last chance for change and we all did the right thing when we voted in new people. Now we need to give them a chance. They all live here too.
Exactly, no more studies (Which are all directed at becoming a city anyway) no more waste, no more town manager (there is a huge savings of people sanity as well), and no more "losing" grants and money.

We dont need more taxes, or higher fees, just simple common sense. Shut down all the extra garbage and waste and take care of Pahrump first.
Lenny

Pahrump, NV

#12 Nov 21, 2012
I think they could close the library or just use volunteers. I hear they closed down the ones in Henderson. I heard they pay someone over 60 grand a year to run it. Sound wastefull, I bet they could fin d someone to do it for half of that with no bennys.
smallbreastedtee n

Pahrump, NV

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Privatize everything. whatever did happen to her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahrump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No more trailers in Pahrump, by order of the P... 1 hr Red Red Groovy 4
Pahrump kids 1 hr OHU812 12
CVS banned tobacco. Now its sales are hurting 8 hr Jessica 15
Mexicans are not pleased with 95.1 lol Aug 28 No Mexicants 3
Time to Boycott Walmart!! Aug 28 Mongo 5
Poll No smoking in Restaurants... (Oct '07) Aug 28 Sneaky Pete 1,804
Anti-police Forum (Mar '06) Aug 27 Tyraira Joseph 1,598
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pahrump Mortgages