Since: Dec 07

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Nye County District-5 Commissioner Peter Liakopoulos, who is awaiting trial on bribery charges has handed in his resignation. Announced in Tonopah, his resignation is said to be effective Dec. 31. "With the pressing issues that I face at this time, I felt it would be better to spend my time preparing for my trial", Liakopoulos said. "Due to the time and effort that I will have to expend on this issue it will be a challenge to continue to fulfill my duties as a Nye County commissioner."

Visiting Justice of the Peace Steven Dahl ruled during a preliminary hearing on Sept. 19 that there were grounds to bind Liakopoulos over to district court on one felony count of bribery along with misdemeanor counts of offering a reward for an appointment and grafting by a public officer. This was aledged when Liakopoulos wanted to trade support for an impending sales tax increase with the granting of a museum job for his wife. The trial "Will take place this coming spring", Liakopoulos said.
jjohn

Blue Diamond, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

BlackStarRanch wrote:
Nye County District-5 Commissioner Peter Liakopoulos, who is awaiting trial on bribery charges has handed in his resignation. Announced in Tonopah, his resignation is said to be effective Dec. 31. "With the pressing issues that I face at this time, I felt it would be better to spend my time preparing for my trial", Liakopoulos said. "Due to the time and effort that I will have to expend on this issue it will be a challenge to continue to fulfill my duties as a Nye County commissioner."
Visiting Justice of the Peace Steven Dahl ruled during a preliminary hearing on Sept. 19 that there were grounds to bind Liakopoulos over to district court on one felony count of bribery along with misdemeanor counts of offering a reward for an appointment and grafting by a public officer. This was aledged when Liakopoulos wanted to trade support for an impending sales tax increase with the granting of a museum job for his wife. The trial "Will take place this coming spring", Liakopoulos said.
Trial was to be today, has anybody heard any news ?
jjohn

Blue Diamond, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

guilty !!!!!!!!!!
kick them out

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Has anyone else noticed that Liakopoulos could have been a RINO? Because this town is more a conservative/Republican town, candidates will just run as a Republican to get elected. Voters need to know who they're voting for...BEWWARE!!!
Joe

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

What was Bush? LOL
Kick the out

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Joe wrote:
What was Bush? LOL
Not talking about BUSH...this is local gov't we're talking about....hello!!!

Guess you're so proud to be a lib that's why your sad state is suffering...it wasn't Bush that got Calif. that way...first look at yourself...and then the rest of the voters that think like you...and then the incompetent Democratic controlled legislature...it was them that got Cali there...so hard to admit that...sorry for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pahrump Forum right now

Search the Pahrump Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PVFRS Lt. Moody paid more than ALL in Town & Co... 4 hr Joe 4
What if!! 5 hr Genuwine 3
I know where I wont be tomorrow.. 12 hr secret asian man 2
Pahrump Drought Shaming Pitting Neighbors Again... 15 hr Oh yeah 38
Rick Marshall Can't Protect Us- Vote No on Rick 23 hr waifairere 61
Pahrump Music Forum (Dec '12) Thu Musikologist 20
kayla payton Thu ??? 1
•••
•••