The Other Puna

The Other Puna

There are 2 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 6, 2007, titled The Other Puna. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Part of the transformation of the Big Island's 'Wild West' district has been driven by an influx of gay residents in recent years By Allison Schaefers [email protected] Rural Puna, once known for its ... via Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Puna Ma

Keauhou, HI

#1 May 10, 2007
Gourmet? In Pahoa? Sorry, I'm laughing REALLY hard here!
I can name off every restaurant in Pahoa, and not a single one is actually gourmet. Paulo's is probably the closest, he does actually do some gourmet cooking.

“Howard Dinits ”

Since: Jan 09

San MAteo , CA

#2 Jan 4, 2009
Have you been to Kaleo's?

That my favorite place to eat in Pahoa.

Try it for yourself or call me and we can go together.

Howard Dinits
Puna Ma wrote:
Gourmet? In Pahoa? Sorry, I'm laughing REALLY hard here!
I can name off every restaurant in Pahoa, and not a single one is actually gourmet. Paulo's is probably the closest, he does actually do some gourmet cooking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News June 27 lava flow comes to an end Jun 30 Boi Rollins 1
the roads Apr '16 ninja 1
News 17 students arrested after series of fights at ... (Nov '09) Mar '16 Keaau student 38
Is hawaiian paradise park safe to live? (Jan '07) Mar '16 Busyb 77
News Hawaii High School Basketball - Kealakehe beat ... (Feb '06) Dec '15 michael steamvent... 4
News Big Island has most dangerous highways, interse... (Apr '07) Dec '15 michael steamvent... 5
Hawaiian Acres Music Thread (Aug '13) Nov '15 Musikologist 12

Pahoa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pahoa Mortgages