Dingle pleads guilty to stabbing wife to death

Aug 1, 2012 Full story: Hawaii Tribune-Herald

A former Waikoloa Marriott Resort & Spa houseman who stabbed his wife to death along the Hilo Bayfront more than two years ago won't stand trial.

Full Story
Bad impression

Alhambra, CA

#1 Aug 5, 2012
I am surprised how much crimes that there is on a little Island compare to mainland, especially on the Hilo side of the town!

I recently visited Hilo and it was not the same anymore. I stayed in Hilo Reed Bay resort, at 1:30am there was 1 couple cursing and fighting, They woke up the whole
Neighborhood. I tried to call the cops but the phone kept ringing, no one answered!

The fights and the crimes draw the tourists away. I don't think I will ever go back to Hawaii or recommend anyone to visit. This is bad for Hawaii, because the islands' economy depends very much on tourism.

Also, I was so stunned by how much a iceberg lettuce cost me $5 at Foodland, Compare to 99 cents here, a bag of 3 in 1 mix instant coffee,$7.50, it is $3.79 here.
The clerks' comment was "you are in Hawaii!"

The trash and rusted old vehicles left in some hiking trail......as bad as Los Angeles!
Perspective

Hollister, CA

#2 Aug 5, 2012
Stay home if you find it to be better....we No Kea. Crime is crime anywhere you go. Did u think just because u were in Hawaii there would be no crime. Matter of fact I am from the mainland and Hawaii is far more safer than most places I have been. There are no gangs shooting each other and killing innocent people in the cross fire. Yes there are loser who hurt people anywhere you go in this world (a freak is a freak...no matter where you are. And by the way...have you ever been to Jacksonville Florida (Disney World). There is a hundred times more crime there, but yet people still go. Because MOST normal people know there is crime everywhere. Please do not compare Hawaii to Los Angeles, because there is no contest...Hawaii wins. BTW...lack of respect and greed on the mainland leads to more crime and violence. In Hawaii elders and people in general are shown proper respect, which leads to a higher moral compass. Those people fighting were probably visiting from the mainland.
The key is...you get what you give. And if u are expecting fantasy island, then u need to wake up. It's becoming the way of the world and this is one of the last places...still holding on to love and aloha for others.
Perspective

Hollister, CA

#3 Aug 5, 2012
BTW...Isn't Monterey Park in the best part of Monterey. Try taking a walk in downtown Los Angeles at night, and then compare the crime in the mainland to the crime in Hawaii. I live in Hilo, but i am visiting the mainland right now...traffic, crime, smog, rude people, greed and disrespect is what I see and feel. Things are shipped in to us, and that is why some items are expensive. You sound very sheltered...must be the 1 of the 1%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman charged in sex assaults of 3 Big Isle kids (Sep '08) 18 hr Joe Balls 86
What to do when an earthquake strikes Hawaii Feb 14 freethinkradio do... 1
Earthquake week: What causes Hawaii's tremors? Feb 14 Obumbler 3
Weekly gas report: Price for regular unleaded f... Jan '15 Joann jacomb 1
VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... Dec '14 hut 3
Lava burns shed as it creeps toward Hawaii homes Oct '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
fern forest hawaii (Aug '12) Oct '14 808Les 6

Winter Storm Warning for Hawaii County was issued at March 03 at 3:15PM HST

Pahala Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pahala People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:03 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:03PM
Fact/Fiction: Raiders to Be Big Factors on Cobb, Suh?
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
Bleacher Report 9:06 PM
Raiders' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 9:26 PM
Why Patton Faces Make or Break Year in 2015
Bleacher Report 1:21 AM
Why Jaelen Strong Should Be the San Francisco 49ers' Ultimate NFL Draft Target