Kona coffee wins state's first cuppin...

Kona coffee wins state's first cupping competition - Hawaii Fea...

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 15, 2009, titled Kona coffee wins state's first cupping competition - Hawaii Fea.... In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Onouli Farm of Kona won top honors at Hawaii's first coffee-cupping competition this weekend at the Hawaii Coffee Association's 14th annual conference at Maui Tropical Plantation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

swannie

Ocean View, HI

#1 Jul 15, 2009
I drink only the local grinds, one of the few pleasures in life the doctor still allows. I do wish that folks would recognize that punctuation in Hawai'ian language helps a lot in pronouncing a place name properly. There ain't no such place pronounced Cow. It's Ka'U. That said, I am pleased that the local coffee farmers are getting recognition for their hard work in producing world class coffee.
Nuuanu Mama

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jul 15, 2009
Lorie Obra produces world class coffee because she is a smart, devoted grower and a very classy lady.
Bravo Lorie!!
Lola from Liliha

Kapaa, HI

#3 Jul 16, 2009
I did not pay much attention to coffee quality until I learn how to cup and coffee production Ka'u style. Ka'u coffee district is an amazing discovery from the Big Island. I only drink Ka'u coffee at home, what a delightful taste. I give credit to all the Ka'u coffee growers for their hard work. Maintain and keep improving your quality for "the best is yet to come!"
Coffee Critic

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2009
I love quality coffee but a little confused. Like to try Rusty coffee but the competition shows that there are 18 more farms that scored higher. Does that mean these other farms have a score of 95+ to 100 for their review. Wow!! Congratuations to every finalist. I'm pretty sure everyone submitted their best so I'm gonna check all of them out!! Can't wait!!
Lino Boy

United States

#6 Jul 23, 2009
Coffee Critic wrote:
I love quality coffee but a little confused. Like to try Rusty coffee but the competition shows that there are 18 more farms that scored higher. Does that mean these other farms have a score of 95+ to 100 for their review. Wow!! Congratuations to every finalist. I'm pretty sure everyone submitted their best so I'm gonna check all of them out!! Can't wait!!
I agree with Coffee Critic. I'm going to try those Kona coffees. They must be unreal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Building in Fern Forest (Oct '06) Jul 13 CollegeGrad 5
Hawaii Volcano Tour Starting Point - Oahu, Hilo... Jul 7 musttoast 1
Election Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in H... (Oct '10) Apr '16 American Infidel 20
Volcano Music Thread (Apr '15) Jan '16 Musikologist 4
scott from redway garberville owns steamvent in... (Dec '15) Dec '15 michael steamvent... 1
News 3 small earthquakes felt on Hawaii island (Sep '14) Sep '14 Ben 1
News Canadian storyteller and Bento Rakugo to isle l... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jewel 1

Pahala Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pahala Mortgages