Big Isle farms burned by vog - News

Big Isle farms burned by vog - News

There are 2 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Big Isle farms burned by vog - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

PAHALA, Hawaii Sulfuric emissions from Kilauea Volcano are damaging crops in Kau so severely that many farmers are quitting and moving away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Sammy

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2009
As a child I was fortunate to be able to grow up in a rural area, playing in the hills and canyons watching the animals raise their families in a natural setting-'nature's' way. I was raised in the same natural family setting having a real female mother and a real male father. If society is duped into thinking that families with same sex parents will work out naturally, then the future of our children will be in peril. The rights given to most people living in democracies on this earth are all equal. What we are looking at now with the issue of gay rights is a very small percent of people trying to push their views on the general public. It's wrong for our legislators to be swayed by accepting a so called fact that gay marriages are just as "right" and are a God given right, is nothing more than a crap shoot dealing with the social fabric of life.
Shareholder

Silver Spring, MD

#2 Mar 9, 2009
The smartest thing to do is to move to a non-vog on the Big Island because its not going to end soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naalehu Theater needs saving Feb 28 irloyal 1
Volcano Cake Oct '16 Aunt Flow 1
Volcano Music Thread (Apr '15) Oct '16 Musikologist 5
Building in Fern Forest (Oct '06) Jul '16 CollegeGrad 5
Hawaii Volcano Tour Starting Point - Oahu, Hilo... (Jul '16) Jul '16 musttoast 1
Election Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in H... (Oct '10) Apr '16 American Infidel 20
News 3 small earthquakes felt on Hawaii island (Sep '14) Sep '14 Ben 1

Pahala Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pahala Mortgages