COPS WIN! Paducah Bar Scene is Dead

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
paducah arts town

Paducah, KY

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Bars and drinking are too dangerous for people from the Paducah Area.

Federal programs are doing a great job at stopping the bar scene in many communities. Lawyers, cops(unions), judges and rehabilitation counselors are cashing in big!!! If you can't work you can't play!!!

The bars belong in counties with developing economies where people work hard and have a good time on the weekend.

now if we can finish shutting down all the dangerous factories

we will feel truly protected by our government.

The government must protect you and you are safest at home on the couch collecting unemployment, disability and welfare. Go Bama and Democrats you can save us from ourselves we are too dumb!!!
Im glad

Geneva, IL

#2 Sep 16, 2012
Ppl dont need to be at stupid bars anyways. Drunks and alcoholics just cause problems! Being at home is better than being out getting wasted.
Survivor

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2012
paducah arts town wrote:
Bars and drinking are too dangerous for people from the Paducah Area.
Federal programs are doing a great job at stopping the bar scene in many communities. Lawyers, cops(unions), judges and rehabilitation counselors are cashing in big!!! If you can't work you can't play!!!
The bars belong in counties with developing economies where people work hard and have a good time on the weekend.
now if we can finish shutting down all the dangerous factories
we will feel truly protected by our government.
The government must protect you and you are safest at home on the couch collecting unemployment, disability and welfare. Go Bama and Democrats you can save us from ourselves we are too dumb!!!
Is the bar scene really dead in Paducah? I haven't been out to any for about 4 years. I do know the city cops had me freaked out back then. They would follow me and try to mess with me but getting right up on my bumper. Then getting beside me. All kinds of weird stuff. And I wasn't even drinking.
paducah arts town

Paducah, KY

#4 Sep 16, 2012
I went by three bars saturday night and there were very, very few people at the bars. I did see cops with people pulled over.

The cops have gotten on my bumper and done lots of weird stuff around here. It's easy to recognize that the regulations are shutting down business in Paducah.

Being able to have a good time on the weekend motivates people to work harder during the week. But we don't have that anymore. People fear the cops because of their extreme power and abuse of power.

This is not an Arts Town as they want to call it. It's more like a desperate cop town.

This type of over regulation makes Paducah a loser town.
This crap is bad for the whole country.
paducah arts town

Paducah, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2012
Societies with FREEDOM make the most economic progress.

If you understand that you cannot go to a bar in Paducah without being followed and harassed by weird cops, whether you drink nothing or responsibly, you will be treated like a criminal.

with the loss of FREEDOM comes the loss of the will to do anything productive, why don't we go ahead and sign up for communism today!

many governments don't know how to balance power with freedom. take away more freedom and you will need more welfare money.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Who can actually afford to go to a bar nowadays anyway? The economy sucks, taxes are outrageous and people are just getting by.
anybody

Barlow, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Hey, I ran around hard in Paducah in the 80's and from the sound of it, things ain't changed that much. Cops were all over you if you stayed very long at any bar....
swampdonkey

Garden City, MO

#8 Sep 17, 2012
Are you kidding me? If you arent drunk, then you have nothing to worry about. If you in fact ARE drunk, then you should get "harassed" by the police.
Lol

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2012
U can still drink and have fun just take turns with your friends driving or call a cab or plan with someone to be picked up at a certain time. I went to the star Saturday and it was packed and I'm sure some were dumb enough to get wasted and drive and they may have been pulled over and gone to jail. It sucks yeah but so does people driving drunk and killing themselves or other people!! The cops I really don't think care if people drink responsibly it's the people that do it and in turn danger themselves or others!! I'm sure the cops enjoy a beer or two from time to time! That or have social functions at your house and let people stay if they drink too much!!
This place blows

Paducah, KY

#10 Sep 17, 2012
Who the heck wants to stay home and drink, what should I do talk to myself? Have a 100 drunk people sleep over for my amusement? Seriously I have not been out once in this god forsaken town,not even one drink and then drive, what a bunch of douches the pigs are. For there salary I wouldn't put so much effort into it, they get paid shit just like everyone else in Paducah.Move to a real city you want to be cops.
Soooo

Mosinee, WI

#11 Sep 17, 2012
... What you're saying, is that you don't have anything better to do on a Saturday night than go out and drink? Sounds like you're the loser. Yeah, those damned cops, always trying to keep people from being stupid and dangerous, damn them...

Since: Jun 12

Paducah, KY

#12 Sep 17, 2012
I am not sure what bars you are talking about but there are plenty of bars around Paducah. Star, Applebee's, O'Charley's, TGIF's and Buffalo Wild Wings. I am sure I am missing a few but if one wants to drink, one can go there. Sure if you have one too many and get behind the wheel and endanger someones life or your own then the cops should haul you ass away.
Al

Oak Brook, IL

#13 Sep 17, 2012
You sure have your priorities in order to worry about the bar scene.
Reallynow

Paducah, KY

#14 Sep 17, 2012
Why does some meat head always have to drag the POTUS into everything they want to whine about? You are obviously a LOSER, redneck racist!! Bottom line, drive drunk go to jail!! So worried about the economy, call a cab and keep people employed! Or sit home with you gun IN your lap and watch fox news!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Fat Moe's is pretty popular
youre stupid

Paducah, KY

#16 Sep 17, 2012
Reallynow wrote:
Why does some meat head always have to drag the POTUS into everything they want to whine about? You are obviously a LOSER, redneck racist!! Bottom line, drive drunk go to jail!! So worried about the economy, call a cab and keep people employed! Or sit home with you gun IN your lap and watch fox news!!
Why don't you go sell some more cheap grills. Or how about go back to Louisville? Take your ugly wife with you.
nope

Paducah, KY

#17 Sep 17, 2012
swampdonkey wrote:
Are you kidding me? If you arent drunk, then you have nothing to worry about. If you in fact ARE drunk, then you should get "harassed" by the police.
If that was the way it worked there would be no issue.
second hand smoke

Paducah, KY

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Reallynow wrote:
It's okay to deny reality, we call you a liberal.
some people think

Paducah, KY

#19 Sep 17, 2012
On another current thread someone posted this...

"I dated a police officer for six years and all He and his cop buddies did was make fun of Padcah Judges. They laugh at how they charge people with anything they feel like and the Judges just agree. I have learned that Paducah police officers seem to think that they are the judge, Proscecutor, and the Jury....These Judges are so much smarter than these Cops and should really use their own judgement about cases even if it doesn't always go along with what the cop says....because at the end of the day the cops come home and talk about how Judge so and so was so stupid that they didn't even catch them up in their own lies.....So Not Cool."

People could be making this shit up or it could be true.
Experience indicates it is true, maybe the cops and gov have gone a little too far, or maybe they should step it up a notch. We could have weekly inspections of each person's home by the cops.

“go 49ers owwwwww gettt it!!!!!”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

#20 Sep 17, 2012
U say this as i drink a smirnoff ice at last call singin my karaoke lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marry ferrell (Nov '10) 18 min yep 3
perv in paducah (Jan '13) 29 min hmmmmmmmm 5
Sam Bennett 40 min TCV 20
exit 11 5star 49 min red 45
opiate withdrawl (Sep '14) 1 hr jusplyn 20
Jamey Cook 1 hr Sidekick 1
Penny Baird (May '14) 1 hr chanman 57
Craziest place you've ever had sex (Sep '11) 8 hr www 247
More from around the web

Paducah People Search