question about Dr. Tinsley

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
possible patient

Paducah, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2012
I recently called about a new patient appointment with Dr. Allen Tinsley. I don't know anything about him except that he was highly recommended here on topix and my insurance covers him. When I called for the appointment they asked something about if I required chronic pain medication and one other thing but I don't recall what it was. Neither applied to me, but now I'm concerned about whether I made a good decision with this doctor. I don't need any pain medication now, but if I get an injury at some point, will this doctor be able to prescribe what I need? I googled and found that he has been sanctioned and was under some restrictions that appear to have been lifted now but I don't understand it really. Is he restricted by his licensing agency to not prescribe anything narcotic at all? Or just not for long term use? Should I only be concerned if I developed a chronic condition or would I have to see another doctor if I even strained a muscled and needed something for a week? And I can't remember the other question they asked me. I need to decide whether I should go through with this initial visit or start right off with a different doctor.
staff

Paducah, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2012
possible patient wrote:
I recently called about a new patient appointment with Dr. Allen Tinsley. I don't know anything about him except that he was highly recommended here on topix and my insurance covers him. When I called for the appointment they asked something about if I required chronic pain medication and one other thing but I don't recall what it was. Neither applied to me, but now I'm concerned about whether I made a good decision with this doctor. I don't need any pain medication now, but if I get an injury at some point, will this doctor be able to prescribe what I need? I googled and found that he has been sanctioned and was under some restrictions that appear to have been lifted now but I don't understand it really. Is he restricted by his licensing agency to not prescribe anything narcotic at all? Or just not for long term use? Should I only be concerned if I developed a chronic condition or would I have to see another doctor if I even strained a muscled and needed something for a week? And I can't remember the other question they asked me. I need to decide whether I should go through with this initial visit or start right off with a different doctor.
Yes he had trouble. No, it's no longer an issue. Yes, he can write narcotics. There is a pain management dr in the same office and the receptionists like to clarify that Tinsley is the desired doc or if the new patient is really needing the pain management. In the past, he has had new pts who thought they were getting the pain management aspect so they try to avoid that now.
possible patient

Paducah, KY

#4 Jan 12, 2012
Ruckus: no, I am trying to get information to make the best possible decision for my HEALTH. YOU are pathetic. I wish Dr. Tinsley all the best and I'm not even going to go "there." I may or may not ever require any sort of long-term medication management, but short-term pain relief is just a fact of life when accidents and such happen. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to go to another doctor whenever that happened. It's difficult to get new patient appointments and the urgent care places are a higher copay for me. An ER copay would be extremely excessive on my fixed income. I hope you'll talk to your therapist about your tendency to assume the worst in people. Have a nice day.

Staff: Thank you for your helpful and kind response. I'm not coming in for a pain problem, but I desperately want a GOOD doctor that I can trust and who will take care of my overall health, not just whatever virus I have on any given day. I want a doctor I can stick with for years to come. I'm no spring chicken anymore and there are some lurking health issues that have the potential to require pain medication some day, hopefully many years in the future. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have to change doctors if and when that time comes. I take change hard, even when the change is desperately needed. I just want a doctor to stick with. That's so hard to find anymore. Thanks again.
staff

Paducah, KY

#5 Jan 12, 2012
possible patient wrote:
Ruckus: no, I am trying to get information to make the best possible decision for my HEALTH. YOU are pathetic. I wish Dr. Tinsley all the best and I'm not even going to go "there." I may or may not ever require any sort of long-term medication management, but short-term pain relief is just a fact of life when accidents and such happen. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to go to another doctor whenever that happened. It's difficult to get new patient appointments and the urgent care places are a higher copay for me. An ER copay would be extremely excessive on my fixed income. I hope you'll talk to your therapist about your tendency to assume the worst in people. Have a nice day.

Staff: Thank you for your helpful and kind response. I'm not coming in for a pain problem, but I desperately want a GOOD doctor that I can trust and who will take care of my overall health, not just whatever virus I have on any given day. I want a doctor I can stick with for years to come. I'm no spring chicken anymore and there are some lurking health issues that have the potential to require pain medication some day, hopefully many years in the future. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have to change doctors if and when that time comes. I take change hard, even when the change is desperately needed. I just want a doctor to stick with. That's so hard to find anymore. Thanks again.
I'm glad it helped. He really is a great doctor.
ibelievenhim

Greer, SC

#6 Jan 12, 2012
Very well said by everyone on here. Tinsley is an excellent doctor who truely cares for his patients. I don't think you could pick a better doctor in Western Kentucky. You won't be disappointed in his knowledge, "bedside" manor, or in him as a genuine human being. People (doctors) like him are hard to come by.
Student

Nashville, TN

#7 Jan 12, 2012
possible patient wrote:
Dr. Tinsley is my doctor and is fabulous. And yes, he can write scripts for controlled substances. He wrote me a script for lortab when I had an acute pain issue about 6 months ago.
Wondering

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2012
How many providers are in his office? Is it just dr Tinsley and a pain medicine doctor?
Lisa m

Herndon, VA

#9 Jan 12, 2012
Go away all red flag rejects!!! Pill heads , he gives drug tests
staff

Paducah, KY

#10 Jan 13, 2012
Yes, Lisa M, he does give drug tests to drug seekers.

There are only the two doctors in the office right now. He has a staff of 5.
ibelievenhim

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2012
He has a physician assistant who is awesome and I think he's looking at getting someone else in the future.
staff

Paducah, KY

#12 Jan 13, 2012
Actually there are no PAs or NPs there right now. They are hoping to hire one in the spring. They did have a NP last year.
ibelievenhim

United States

#13 Jan 13, 2012
Oops thanks for clarifying Staff.
previouspatient

Murray, KY

#15 Apr 5, 2013
With the current news as posted in the Paducah Sun and on the news....why would anyone in their right mind trust him as a doctor ? If and when he comes back to practice he will have to have a chaperon when seeing female patients. Its all documented for the public to see on the Kentucky Medical Association website.
In desperate need

Paducah, KY

#16 Apr 5, 2013
Will he treat patients with nerve disorders?? I have to have xanax to control my anxiety/ panic and phobias. Would he be understanding of this? Dr Myers would not take me as a patient and I hope he burns in hell. It took him a whole month just to let me know this. Anyone living with a nerve disorder knows exactly what Im talking about. Can anyone help me find a Dr that will treat me? Thank you so much.
student

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 5, 2013
In desperate need wrote:
Will he treat patients with nerve disorders?? I have to have xanax to control my anxiety/ panic and phobias. Would he be understanding of this? Dr Myers would not take me as a patient and I hope he burns in hell. It took him a whole month just to let me know this. Anyone living with a nerve disorder knows exactly what Im talking about. Can anyone help me find a Dr that will treat me? Thank you so much.
Dr. Tinsley's practice is closed as of Friday afternoon. I am a patient and am now without a doctor.
tom

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Apr 6, 2013
Who did he cheat with this time?
student wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Tinsley's practice is closed as of Friday afternoon. I am a patient and am now without a doctor.
really

Gallatin, TN

#19 Apr 6, 2013
student wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Tinsley's practice is closed as of Friday afternoon. I am a patient and am now without a doctor.
I figured his NP was going to keep the place open until he was able to return or at least until they saw how long he was suspended.
previouspatient

Murray, KY

#20 Apr 6, 2013
Who did he cheat with this time?
Apparently multiple patients. Some in the office after office hours.Look at the KMA website for the exact information.I would not trust him for a second with my daughter or grand daughter.
student

Tucker, GA

#21 Apr 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>I figured his NP was going to keep the place open until he was able to return or at least until they saw how long he was suspended.
She was planning on it. I guess he thought otherwise.
paducah person

Paducah, KY

#22 Apr 7, 2013
You guys need to wise up...Dr. Tinsley has been in and out of trouble for years...in the news lots. So why would you go to a doctor, and establish your treatement with one that has had so many problems? To me that is stupid. Tinsley will eventually be back, as will Dr. Nelson. Serious problems and they will let them back after rehab and a slap on the wrist. Go steal a loaf of bread from wal-mart and you will serve jail time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Song Title Game~~ (Jan '13) 1 hr Brainsneeze 4,383
Bitches who had weight loss surgery but won't a... 1 hr Frend 7
Cornerstone community church 1 hr Old member 2
who owns fat moes i got complaint 1 hr The Hoss 1
Erika bellamy (Jun '15) 2 hr Co worker 12
Payden harned? 2 hr Real talk 27
Trump and the NAMBLA pedophiles 2 hr Lysergication 3

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance