Lone Oak First Baptist Church

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wwjd1

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Feb 20, 2014
Is this true that this church is giving away guns at some revival coming up? Please God someone tell me this is just a rumor.
nope

Fishers, IN

#2 Feb 20, 2014
not rumor. truth. they are having a "2nd ammendment" FREE steak diner and giving away 25 guns.
Great

Bardwell, KY

#3 Feb 20, 2014
nope wrote:
not rumor. truth. they are having a "2nd ammendment" FREE steak diner and giving away 25 guns.
Outstanding, good for them. People need to protect their second amendment or they will lose it, then the first and so on..
Really

Franklin, TN

#4 Feb 20, 2014
How can this legally be possible?
who

Gallatin, TN

#5 Feb 20, 2014
Really wrote:
The 2nd Amendment is still valid
Why not

Paducah, KY

#6 Feb 21, 2014
Really wrote:
What fascinates me is why you would even ask if its legal. You go through the background check and you get the gun. It's not handed to you as you come through the door.
Nancy Feinstein

Paducah, KY

#7 Feb 21, 2014
wwjd1 wrote:
Is this true that this church is giving away guns at some revival coming up? Please God someone tell me this is just a rumor.
I love frightened liberals. They taste like chicken.
Gramps

Kevil, KY

#8 Feb 21, 2014
Exactly why religion has become a joke. I wonder what they are going to say when someone gets killed by one of the guns they gave away? Unmitigated ignorance of the highest degree. But, what do you expect from a bunch of fanatics?
wwjd1

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Feb 21, 2014
nope wrote:
What about Thou Shall Not Kill? Isn't that the christian message anyway, just crazy. So I guess it is true. I heard this but did not believe it.
Just Me

Nashville, TN

#10 Feb 21, 2014
I will be there. Not for the steak or free give away. Just to support our 2nd...
Wow

Owensboro, KY

#11 Feb 21, 2014
wwjd1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Thou Shall Not Kill? Isn't that the christian message anyway, just crazy. So I guess it is true. I heard this but did not believe it.
And this is promoting murder how? Goodness....let's not go overboard or anything.
wwjd1

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2014
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is promoting murder how? Goodness....let's not go overboard or anything.
A church giving away guns? This is the most sad and at the same time bizarre thing I have ever heard. Jesus would be disgusted.
pro life

Benton, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2014
you know, that church often rents their facility out to other entities. Its a big church you know. I rented rooms for anniversaries and bdays etc. That doesn't mean the church had a part of the anniversary, they were just nice enough to rent the place. They need money to operate just like anyone else. Lay off!
riverrat

Kuttawa, KY

#14 Feb 22, 2014
Great idea. And WWJD? Jesus hung out with some crude and rude characters. They would probably have packed if they had them available. Maybe they could have taken out Pilate and his cronies. Oh. Sorry that was all preordained. We would be changing history.
Buddy

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Feb 22, 2014
riverrat wrote:
Great idea. And WWJD? Jesus hung out with some crude and rude characters. They would probably have packed if they had them available. Maybe they could have taken out Pilate and his cronies. Oh. Sorry that was all preordained. We would be changing history.
you got that right about that congregation, rude and crude, why don't they stick a couple of more crosses on their yard, messed up man, just messed up.
southern pride

Franklin, TN

#16 Feb 22, 2014
wwjd1 wrote:
<quoted text>A church giving away guns? This is the most sad and at the same time bizarre thing I have ever heard. Jesus would be disgusted.
Doubt that... Have u asked Him?
southern pride

Franklin, TN

#17 Feb 22, 2014
Gramps wrote:
Exactly why religion has become a joke. I wonder what they are going to say when someone gets killed by one of the guns they gave away? Unmitigated ignorance of the highest degree. But, what do you expect from a bunch of fanatics?
...fanatics really.....a Baptist Church?
Fa real doh

Shelbyville, IN

#18 Feb 22, 2014
Gramps wrote:
grow up
Defending your rights

Paducah, KY

#19 Feb 23, 2014
Gramps wrote:
LOL. I can imagine a scenario where I say the sumbitch had it comin' to him. Btw, religion isn't a joke to me.
Just So You Know

Paducah, KY

#20 Feb 28, 2014
Ever think that the church might be doing what ever it takes to reach out to some, such as hunters, that might not have ever taken time to come to church before so they could actually hear about Jesus for once. And maybe, just maybe, there isn't going to be a single gun in the church. You are going to win a voucher to go to one of the outdoor stores, get a background check, and recieve your gun. So if they get only one or two people to come to Jesus that night I'm pretty sure he wouldnt be disgusted. Not to mention who doesn't like a free meal? While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I hope that I have somewhat enlightened you about the event that night. I also hope that everyone is seeing the signs of the times and that it isn't going to be too much longer before he returns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Jay Bynum 1 hr MKYGirl 4
Ryan Yates..... Is he a good criminal lawyer? 2 hr Hatdy 1
Someone Tell Laura Singleton Mendiola To Cut Th... 2 hr Gayle 26
WPSD Is Fake News 3 hr Mammy Linda 8
Does anybody remember baby Katie? (Aug '12) 3 hr Paducah Native 28
Focus peppered with stickers II 3 hr Children 5
captains Place 4 hr Jennifer 7
F##k boy in Paducah 9 hr Gayboys Lover 37
cuckold fetish (Oct '12) 9 hr Wow 50

Paducah Jobs