"Veltri for Constable" signs...grrr

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Frustrated with Veltri

Greenville, KY

#1 May 3, 2010
Every time I see a "Veltri for Constable" sign, I get frustrated all over again. A couple of years ago, I was driving toward Paducah on Lone Oak Road in front of Lourdes. I was in the left lane with several cars in front of me, beside me, and behind me. Veltri (as I found out a few minutes later) was in the right lane beside me. As traffic started moving away from the exit 7 light on LO Rd, Veltri decided he need to be in the left lane. He was BESIDE me, not in front of me, and there wasn't much I could have done other than essentially stop in the left lane (while traffic was accelerating from the light, btw) to let him get in front of me. Apparently, he didn't like the fact that I didn't create a hazardous situation to let him move ahead and get in front of me. He proceeded to pull me over at the Medical Center building, and pompously asked me if there was a problem with me or my driving. I replied that there wasn't, but what I wanted to say was that the only problem was with him, his arrogance, and his pitiful excuse for driving. He huffed and puffed and "let me go". Thanks a lot Tony, because I wasn't the one in the wrong, AND I might have had fun in court with this one.

I thought about filing a complaint with the county or his boss, but didn't.

Now, every time I see his campaign signs, it's like opening up and old wound and rubbing salt in it. I know I should get over it, but the signs just seem to bring it all back.

Good luck if you live in McCracken County Constable District 2!!
lol

La Center, KY

#2 May 4, 2010
You must have really ticked him off cause he's as laid back as it gets. He makes fabulous pizza too!
ungroundround

United States

#3 May 4, 2010
I'm sure he's just like every other dickhead cop out there. Too chickenshit to try and deter real crime so he starts in on people he think he can bully. Constables are even worse.
Frustrated with Veltri

Greenville, KY

#4 May 4, 2010
Thanks for the perspective, lol. That may actually help me deal with this in my heart and head a little better.
:)
TTT

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 7, 2010
He is a constable, he has no right to pull anyone over for anything. His main duties are serving papers. He is verry pompous and cocky, also if you are a pretty lady, he tends to pull them over to see who they are and to try and hit on them. He is not a police officer, he is an ex police officer. Hopefully mr veltri will not regain his spot as District 2 constable.
papa john

Gilbertsville, KY

#6 May 16, 2010
who is he running against?
PowerTrip

Mayfield, KY

#7 May 16, 2010
I agree He picks on people he considers the powerless, giving false tickets for anything that floats his boat, yet during the ice storm he allowed a prominent lawyer and his family to come into his establishment and drink several beers eat pizza and then drive, I was thinking wow, where is his ticket to jail for dui.....vote veltri out!
feelingit

Knoxville, TN

#8 May 17, 2010
TTT wrote:
He is a constable, he has no right to pull anyone over for anything. His main duties are serving papers. He is verry pompous and cocky, also if you are a pretty lady, he tends to pull them over to see who they are and to try and hit on them. He is not a police officer, he is an ex police officer. Hopefully mr veltri will not regain his spot as District 2 constable.
Actually he can pull you over...He has that right..But i do not know this man i just know the rights of the position!!!
withheld from ky

Paducah, KY

#9 May 17, 2010
neither one of them that are running are too good in my bood
withheld from ky

Paducah, KY

#10 May 17, 2010
i meant book sorry my computer mess up
HICKS 12345

Paducah, KY

#11 May 22, 2010
TONY IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER CAME TO MCCRACKEN CO....HES A GOOD DOOD, EVERYBODY GETS THERE BUTTONS PUSHED , NOBODY IS PERFECT??????????
PowerTrip

Mayfield, KY

#12 May 23, 2010
HICKS 12345 wrote:
TONY IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER CAME TO MCCRACKEN CO....HES A GOOD DOOD, EVERYBODY GETS THERE BUTTONS PUSHED , NOBODY IS PERFECT??????????
Tony is a Liar, back stabber, hot-headed jerk, and the people who voted him in are probably apart of his drug cartel, One day these suckers will be brought to light, not for one moment are they getting by with their unjustices......! Temporary Power is all they have to offer!
Dazed and confused

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 27, 2010
The office of CONSTABLE should be abolished. We have a Sheriff and Police Chief in Paducah. We don't need a pizza man with a badge.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#14 Oct 27, 2010
He saw me run a stop sign one time behind burger king by lourdes. He was pretty decent to me, let me go with a warning
Tina aka tlo

Paducah, KY

#15 Oct 27, 2010
Veltri's my boy u just jealous of us hot guidettes and guidos!
Nathan

Nashville, TN

#16 May 30, 2011
Veltri is a narcissistic blowhard who knows less about the law than my eight year old daughter and has NO business with a badge or pulling people over. He has pulled me over twice in the last eight years and given me a "Reckless Driving" ticket. Not because I was doing anything wrong but like the first guy who posted just did something he didn't like. The last one was because he was riding my back bumper too close when I was on my way back from pulling someone out of the mud. He got mud all over his white car and wanted me to pay to get his car cleaned. I told him he shoudln't have been following so close and he wrote me a ticket. Both times the charges were dismissed by the county attorney's office because they realized that he is an IDIOT. He is a loose cannon and does not need to be in our county with a badge or worse yet, a gun.
umm

Paducah, KY

#17 May 30, 2011
Nathan wrote:
Veltri is a narcissistic blowhard who knows less about the law than my eight year old daughter and has NO business with a badge or pulling people over. He has pulled me over twice in the last eight years and given me a "Reckless Driving" ticket. Not because I was doing anything wrong but like the first guy who posted just did something he didn't like. The last one was because he was riding my back bumper too close when I was on my way back from pulling someone out of the mud. He got mud all over his white car and wanted me to pay to get his car cleaned. I told him he shoudln't have been following so close and he wrote me a ticket. Both times the charges were dismissed by the county attorney's office because they realized that he is an IDIOT. He is a loose cannon and does not need to be in our county with a badge or worse yet, a gun.
I agree with you. Did you read the paper sunday? They have taken the lights and sirens from all constables in mccracken co because of issues he created. The false tickets, pulling people over for no reason. It was worded differently but that was the just of the story. He employees the scum of paducah. If he ever tried to pull me over I would call 911 and have a REAL cop accompany him.
Just Curious

United States

#18 May 30, 2011
I can't stand the man either. He pulled me over for speeding one day and totally creeped me. If he ever tried to pull me over again, I would also call 911. I hope he doesn't get elected as constable again.
green

Cadiz, KY

#19 May 30, 2011
Sounds like most of you don't like getting caught doing wrong!! The man was elected and does his job, if you people are so perfect maybe you should run against him. I have known Tony since he came to Paducah. He is alot of the reason downtown has any business. So stop whining!! You know you will just say the same thing about the next person who catches you screwing up. Sissies!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 May 30, 2011
green wrote:
Sounds like most of you don't like getting caught doing wrong!! The man was elected and does his job, if you people are so perfect maybe you should run against him. I have known Tony since he came to Paducah. He is alot of the reason downtown has any business. So stop whining!! You know you will just say the same thing about the next person who catches you screwing up. Sissies!!
Sounds like someone needs to run against him anyone without a criminal record can be elected to a constable position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ambers Cleaning 2 min former employee 29
nursing homes in paducah 16 min CNA 9
Sam Bennett 28 min true? 21
exit 11 5star 32 min Stetson 46
marry ferrell (Nov '10) 1 hr yep 3
perv in paducah (Jan '13) 1 hr hmmmmmmmm 5
opiate withdrawl (Sep '14) 2 hr jusplyn 20
Craziest place you've ever had sex (Sep '11) 10 hr www 247
More from around the web

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]