First Prev
of 2
Next Last
amazed

Paducah, KY

#22 Sep 14, 2012
Concerned parent I truly feel sorry for you. Again you have no idea what you r talking about. He did not plead guilty to drunk driving he plead guilty to the accident. he WAS NOT DRUNK no matter what the test showed. Thee were sewveral issues with the test n that is why there was no DUI. Again since you are such a hypocrite leave this family alone. They have enough grief to deal with they don't need fake friends. And BTW yes he refused the blood test at first just like he refused personal treatment because he wanted to get to his daughter. WEhen he found out a little while later he could no see her until blood test he offered both arms and said take all the blood you want. They could not because they had to wait on a warrent and that took several hours.
HE DID NOT REFUSE because he was drunk. You r not truly concerned uo you r just a sad nosy busy body trying to stir up trouble and grief
Reporter

Nashville, TN

#23 Sep 14, 2012
Jamison Turney faces five years in jail for driving a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol that resulted in a June 2011 wreck and the death of his 14-year-old stepdaughter.

McCracken County prosecutors offered Turney a five-year sentence in exchange for a guilty plea to second-degree manslaughter in Kira Bryant’s death. Assistant commonwealth attorney Raymond McGee said the office had been working on the offer for a while, which amended a murder charge to the lesser manslaughter offense.

Turney wiped tears from his eyes in court Thursday as Judge Tim Kaltenbach swore him in and accepted the plea. He read details of the wreck, which revealed that Bryant was not wearing a helmet at the time. McGee said Turney was not wearing a helmet either and evidence shows that he had a .09 blood alcohol concentration.

Read more: The Paducah Sun - Stepdad accepts five year sentence in 2011 crash death
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#24 Sep 14, 2012
Amazed: I will continue to respond every single time you or other supporters continue to not tell the truth.

You say:

1) He did not plead guily to DUI, he pled guilty to the accident. FALSE. There is NO SUCH charge for being in an accident. He did NOT PLEAD GUILTY for being in an accident. He plead guilty to 2nd Degree Manslaughter, in which to do, he had to acknowledge that he was under the infuence of alcohol, just as the blood test showed.

2) Several issues with the test that is why there was no DUI charge. FALSE AGAIN. Supporters continue to this day making excuses for him. If there were problems with the test, he could have beat the charge, being as drinking and driving is a prerequiset for Manslaughter 2nd Degree.

3) You say that they (police) wouldnt take his blood because they were waiting for the warrant, after he initially refused to give it to them. TRUE, that is the only truthful thing you have said.

Driving under the influence is the same thing as drunk driving. Do you think that it is ok for people to drive under the influence? The law says .08 or higher is drunk driving. Why did he tell the judge that he has not had a drink since the night of the wreck if he wasnt under the influence that night?? That doesnt pass the smell test, does it? As long as his supporters continue to tell things that are not true, and make excuses for a man that killed a little girl while drinking and driving, I will correct them. My family was on the road that night also, so that gives me the right to speak just as you speak. The difference is though, that the facts, his own statements, and evidence supports the truth, and not your propaganda.

Mr Smith his attorney is one of the best attorneys in town from what I hear. If he was innocent of any crime, why would Mr Smith agree to and suggest to plead guilty (NO CONTEST) to killing that child while driving intoxicated?? I would love to hear your answer.

Why is it so hard to just say, he made a mistake, who should not have been drinking and driving that night. IT HAS TO BE SOMEONE ELSES FAULT. That is my whole issue with this, as well as the fact that so many of us were lied to.

I guess it is ok with you for people to post things on here so long as they support him. Is it the right thing to do to take the side of him just because he is your friend?? Is it ok to always take the side of your own child (even when they are wrong) just because they are your child??

I suspect the reason the was a plea was because the true facts would be presented. The truth tends to scare people that are guilty.
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#25 Sep 14, 2012
AMAZED, can you just say: "He shouldnt have been drinking and driving, and friends of the family should not have been misled, in an attempt to get him off and make the Mr. Booaz out to be the bad guy when he was only doing what he took an oath to do?

Do you think that had he not been drinking and driving, his wife would still have her daughter?
wonderinging

Tinley Park, IL

#26 Sep 15, 2012
He is now gay

Since: Sep 12

Paducah, KY

#27 Sep 27, 2012
Concerned Parent, I am a friend of the family and I went to support and stand for the family. At no time did The wife speak negatively about the judicial system or mislead her friends in an email. She is a person of strength and character who amazes me daily on how she carries the load of her sorrow. She lost her daughter, and now her husband, and now she has to take care of her sick parents as well. Since you know about emails and messages then you must mask yourself as a friend. I am pleading with you to share your feelings with the wife personally, so she can Answer your questions. Spreading slander on here is doing no one any good. I do not want to banter back and forth about this issue because honestly it is neither your business or mine. I just want to ask you to please stop posting comments and go to the wife who is the one you are hurting in the first place. She doesn't deserve any of this. I will keep you in my prayers that you may find peace with this and closure.
fife

Nashville, TN

#28 Sep 27, 2012
Thats a really good friend that brings a topic that has fallen back a few pages and forgotten about, back to the front.
yep

Warwick, RI

#29 Jan 18, 2014
Concerned Parent wrote:
AMAZED, can you just say: "He shouldnt have been drinking and driving, and friends of the family should not have been misled, in an attempt to get him off and make the Mr. Booaz out to be the bad guy when he was only doing what he took an oath to do?
Do you think that had he not been drinking and driving, his wife would still have her daughter?
He was drunk! I was there! Poor girl has stayed on my mind. I had to make him stay away from her while we were trying to save her. He was screaming and acting retarded. Disappeared for a little and finally came back. I could smell alcohol on him. Pasted by the site the other day. Hope he is still in jail. If I was the father there would be hell to pay. Now that's the truth!
Uh oh

Mount Juliet, TN

#30 Mar 3, 2014
Out of prison today!
Uh oh

Paducah, KY

#31 Nov 26, 2015
Back at Nissan of Paducah
Running show
Look out!
RIDICULOUS JUST STOP

United States

#32 Jan 29, 2016
Uh oh wrote:
Back at Nissan of Paducah
Running show
Look out!
Look out? For what? Because he is working and trying to get on with his life? Which is exactly what you need to be doing instead of worrying about something that has nothing to do with you. The accident happened in 2011...it's 2016 in case you didn't know and it's time to move on. This amazing family still SUFFERS with the loss of their daughter everyday. Regardless if he pleaded guilty to being drunk or not and regardless if he was drunk these people lost their child. Yes he should of been responsible enough to not drink if he even did and yes she should of had a helmet on. But none of those things happened like that, as rude as it may sound it is what it is. NOTHING can replace that child and NO ONE suffers more than his wife and himself. Can we look at the bigger picture here?!?!? A CHILD HAS PASSED AWAY!!!!! Instead of being on here worrying if he drank or didn't drink or if he plead guilty or not...this was a TRAGIC ACCIDENT!!! and if you think for 1 second something like this couldn't happen to you or your family...god forbid...then you are so wrong!?!?! Ok so say your daughter is sitting it the passenger side of you vehicle and a drunk driver hits you head on...you survive but your daughter doesn't...you think the pain is any more or less because someone you don't know did it!?!?!?!? NO!!!!!! So let's just let this family that is still hurting everyday and trying to move on with their lives do just that in peace. Damn people get a life and have some damn sympathy for people. And if you don't know this family personally then shut your damn mouth. You wouldn't want people you don't know talking about you and your deceased child like they know you. So stop.
Former salesmen

United States

#33 Jan 29, 2016
If he's at Nissan of Paducah I can promise you he's back to stealing from the salesmen every chance he can get.i worked there in 2009 and had never seen a guy like him.i thought due to the pending lawsuit Mr.Turney couldn't work at Nissan of Paducah?the Nissan store needs Mike Smith or Larry Stovesand to buy it and build new store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To my snowflakes :-* 9 min lesly 26
pattis fire 12 min newsjunkie 1
JAILER RAY, Melinda McKeon, 28 min Shameful 45
apa pool league (Jun '13) 32 min bigshotdino 50
Mental illness 37 min Tlo 44
Please help 45 min Tlo 16
Golf 47 min Tlo 11
Prostitution arrests last night and early am... (Jul '12) 4 hr pof 171

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web