Next Last
Eric

Paducah, KY

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Is he in jail where he belongs, or not?
stop that

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 6, 2012
He doesn't deserve to be there at all. He made a bad choice he will pay for the rest of his life he lost someone he loved very much and that's payment enough for a bad choice. It's pathetic child molesters get less time than he did for a bad choice and accident. Messed up judicial system
Amanda

Noblesville, IN

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Eric, please keep your negativity to yourself! This is my family! We have all suffered emensley but none of us more than Jamie. There are sill more children involved. I beg you to find something better to do with your time than start a thread on a website made for those who like to hide behind screen names.
mary

United States

#4 Sep 7, 2012
The fact that he is a good person, is irrelevant. He was drinking and driving, and a girl died. He will serve a total of only 31 days.
BMWRider

Canton, OH

#5 Sep 7, 2012
I am so sorry for the loss of this innocent girl due to the poor judgement of an influential person in her life. Fact is, she was under 18, and Kentucky State Law requires ANY minor driving a motorcycle or riding as a passenger on a motorcycle wear a helmet. Full gear all the time. It may not save your life in every crash, but it greatly reduces your chance of dying in a minor crash. Unprotected heads and pavement do not mix well, and personally, I value my head (and my life) more than trying to look cool in my do rag.
Really

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2012
I'm sure he is sorry. It would be a terrible thing to live with, but as adults we should think about the repercussions of what we do and allow our children to do before it happens. To ask teenagers and parents of teenagers to defend such actions is absurd. You are sending a message that says as long as you say your sorry it's all good. No lesson is learned by anyone. Hopefully all the people affected by this tragedy will learn a valuable lesson in life. Life is precious and we should treat it that way. There should be some punishment for his actions. I think the judge was extremely fair. He could possibly only serve 1 year. Hopefully he will not drink and drive again and possibly endanger the lives of anyone else's children, including mine.
Barney

Paducah, KY

#7 Sep 7, 2012
He will be out on shock probation is 30 days I would say.
steph

Atlanta, TX

#8 Sep 12, 2012
I am a friend of the family, and you do not know the whole story. so leave them alone please.
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Steph, I understand that you are a friend of the family, and I am sorry for what alot of people have gone through, but mostly feel bad for the little girl that died. Whole story? What is the whole story? He admitted in court that he was over the legal limit! He admitted that he didnt make her wear a helmet as the law requires. His wife sent mass emails out early on telling people that he "was not drunk," asking them to write letters to the prosecutor, that this was a travesty of justice and a witchhunt. Last time I checked, driving drunk and killing someone is a crime. If it had been someone else that killed her daughter due to being drunk, I suspect that she would have felt differently. Sounds to me like many people that received these emails from the family were misled and wasnt told the whole story. Thank goodness the court system didnt cave into pressure from the family. I heard that the family even made statements to the prosecutor that we can vote you out. Whole story?? This is the whole story. I have sat back as long as I could. I think that it is time to tell the whole story. You drive drunk, kill someone, you go to jail. If you want more of the whole story, ask me more. The hogwash has to stop. He felt bad that night that he refused to give the police a blood sample!!
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Why would his wife tell so many people that he was not drunk in her mass emails?? Then he admitted that he was. If he wasnt, then why admit it?? Are the police or sheriff and prosecutor not supposed to charge someone that kills someone else for drunk driving just because they killed a family member?? Those defending him please answer me that, Please!! And why did she lie to so many people??????????
Rahm

Paducah, KY

#11 Sep 12, 2012
One thing is certain...they are going to crack down hard on those who drink and drive. More and more people get behind the wheel everyday under the influence. Bad thing is, you just get a slap on the wrist for a 1st offence DUI. Its not until either you get a 2nd or hurt or take lives of others until it gets serious. I at least think they should go harder on 1st time offenders instead of slapping their wrists. I know a few people rite now who are waiting a year at least and going to all kind classes and paying out the wazzoo in fees and fines for their 2nd but luckily no one I know hurt anyone. Feel sorry for these people.
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#12 Sep 12, 2012
To Stop That: Messed up judicial system? Really? Please explain!! There is absolutley no way you can back that up. Do the laws need to be changed to protect drunk family members from killing other family members?? Really?? Are you actually serious??
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#13 Sep 12, 2012
There is actually a travesty here. The travesty is that the family have made the judicial system here in Paducah as being the bad guy. An attempt to persuade the prosecutor to turning a blind eye by way of telling things that were not true in mass emails to many people who believed her. Look at her mass email, then look at what he said he in court in front of the judge and signed. The travesty here is that the family misled hundreds of people in an effort to get someone off with no time, no charges, after he killed a beautiful young lady for driving drunk. I feel betrayed same as I suspect many others do.
look it up

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 12, 2012
http://www.mccrackencountyjailer.com/inmates....

he's there. you can always just check, instead of asking on topix.
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Waiting..........waiting...... ....for answers and explanations from his supporters
amazed

Paducah, KY

#16 Sep 13, 2012
the real truth is that he was not drunk. he refused blood test to get to daughter. he also refused treatment for self. when he fouln out he could not get to daughter till blood test he tried to get them to take n they would not. THERE WAS NO DUI charge. and the wife only sent e-mails to friends so if you got one and you r posting here abviously you r a hypocrite NOT a friend. Plea bargains are not always accurate. Again you cannot always believe print as facts. Fact is that a special needs child and a 6 yr old ar the true victims here. They suffer without their dad. Jamie will never live another day without pain and suffering because of this tragic accident. BTW dear hypocrit why don't you do the right thing and let family know you r not really a friend but a gossip.
Really

Paducah, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2012
I thought his blood Test showed he had .09 level, which is just over legal limit?
Harley

Paducah, KY

#18 Sep 13, 2012
amazed wrote:
the real truth is that he was not drunk. he refused blood test to get to daughter. he also refused treatment for self. when he fouln out he could not get to daughter till blood test he tried to get them to take n they would not. THERE WAS NO DUI charge. and the wife only sent e-mails to friends so if you got one and you r posting here abviously you r a hypocrite NOT a friend. Plea bargains are not always accurate. Again you cannot always believe print as facts. Fact is that a special needs child and a 6 yr old ar the true victims here. They suffer without their dad. Jamie will never live another day without pain and suffering because of this tragic accident. BTW dear hypocrit why don't you do the right thing and let family know you r not really a friend but a gossip.
You post like yours is over .20.
Concerned Parent

Paducah, KY

#19 Sep 13, 2012
Amazed: Here we go again.

You say:

1) Fact is he was not drunk. FALSE. He said he was is court!! The sample was taken hours after the accident. It was said so in court. So, he would have benn drunker when the wreck occurred. FACT

2) He tried to give the police his sample but they refused to take it. FALSE, they cannot take it once they say they are getting a warrant. FACT

3)There was no DUI charge. Seriously?? The police cannot charge DUI and Manslaughter or Murder. Being intoxicated is a requirement for that type of charge under these circumstances. FACT, ask any attorney.

4)Wife only sent those emails to friends. Seems like that makes it even worse. Why would you intentionally mislead your friends by telling them that he was not drunk??? WHY?? To get them to rally behind him that he is being unfairly prosecuted?? I know that many of us that attended his sentencing felt betrayed once hearing the facts in court, facts that he under oath admitted to, that yes, he was drunk!! Fact. Why would friends encourage the continued spreading of things that are not true.

These two remaining precious children are the true victims? And why is that? Because the judicial system prosecuted a man that killed a lovely young lady while driving under the influence? Really? Seriously??

Seems to many that the better approach for her would have been to say: He was drinking and driving, should not have been. A precious girl died because of it. Please keep our family in your prayers. Not to get people to rally and to bully the prosecutor and saying that this is a travesty of justice, a witchunt, and that he was not drunk. Thank you Mr. Booaz and judge Kaltenbach for sifting through the mistruths and propaganda, and basing your actions on the facts and investigation.
sandy

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2012
The real travesty, will be when he gets out in 30 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 7 min Gregory Peck 3,242
Attn Dirty Buts: Free... 38 min Magical Johnson 1
Need Information about working as a Deckhand.. (Jul '08) 1 hr Jdg 280
To Susan L Bane Buchanan of Benton 1 hr neighbor 1
apa 1 hr HaHa 8
best nursing home in paducah (Jun '11) 1 hr Run 25
McCracken Co. Justice system. Wrongfully charge... (Aug '13) 1 hr Crazy 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages