Grandson, pastor accused of stealing ...

Grandson, pastor accused of stealing woman's funds

There are 22 comments on the The Paducah Sun Online Edition story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Grandson, pastor accused of stealing woman's funds. In it, The Paducah Sun Online Edition reports that:

Police arrested two Paducah residents Tuesday on charges they stole money from onea s 81-year-old grandmother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paducah Sun Online Edition.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lefty Lucee Righty Tighty

Bel Air, MD

#1 Aug 11, 2010
And, here you have it. One of the reasons people don't respect christian people anymore. I just want to speak up for The Lord and for Christians everywhere. Real servants of God have to be held to a higher standard. If the person proclaiming God is doing things like this, they have fallen by the wayside and are no longer living according to the oracles and principals of God. That said, this article shows how disgusting and desperate people as a whole have become. Before anyone starts in about these people being black, just remember all of the people who have done this within this year who are white, and yes, i am white.

Police arrested two Paducah residents Tuesday on charges they stole money from one’s 81-year-old grandmother.

The Rev. Charles E. Dunbar of Bloom Avenue and Joshua J. Hunt of McGuire Avenue face charges of knowingly exploiting an adult by person over $300, a felony.

Dunbar is accused of holding power of attorney for Viola Hunt and using her money for personal use, including gas purchases and a hotel stay, and giving funds to Joshua Hunt, Viola’s grandson, Detective Greg Moyers of the McCracken County Sheriff’s Department said.

Joshua Hunt received the power of attorney earlier this year, Moyers said. He is accused of paying utility bills and a girlfriend’s car payments with the grandmother’s money, Moyers said.

Dunbar is accused of taking about $5,700 from Viola Hunt, a former member of his congregation. The grandson is accused of taking about $3,500, Moyers said.

Viola Hunt has resided at Medco Nursing Home since February and faced having to move because of lack of funds, Moyers said. Public guardian Ken Anderson took over management of her affairs after a court removed Joshua Hunt from that capacity
JustMe

White Plains, KY

#2 Aug 11, 2010
Bad deeds will not always remain hidden and out of sight. I am sure a lot of "Low lifes" call themselves christian and pastor simply to disguise their true identies.
Stereoype

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Were they buying crack?
Fallen

Madisonville, KY

#4 Aug 11, 2010
And this is why I don't attend church! How can you preach about living your life right and do this?
Lefty Lucee Righty Tighty

Bel Air, MD

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Fallen wrote:
And this is why I don't attend church! How can you preach about living your life right and do this?
It's a personal choice to be saved. Someone else's sin won't cause me to go to hell and my sin won't cause you to go to hell. Your soul is in your hands. The wheat have to grow up with the tares.
God has a way and this is the way it is. I agree with you about how disgusting this whole story is. That poor woman is in a wheelchair and old!!! It takes a special kind of trashy to do this to someone 81 and in a wheelchair.
Meoshi

Marion, KY

#6 Aug 12, 2010
You don't attend church because you do not want to! What people forget is that Preachers have fault just like everyone else they are not exempt. I have my faults just as you have yours and those who are without sin let them cast the first stone.
Fallen wrote:
And this is why I don't attend church! How can you preach about living your life right and do this?
Paradoxical

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 12, 2010
Meoshi wrote:
You don't attend church because you do not want to! What people forget is that Preachers have fault just like everyone else they are not exempt. I have my faults just as you have yours and those who are without sin let them cast the first stone.
<quoted text>
I mean really??? "Preachers have faults"...I agree. But that kind of justification is completely ignorant, especially considering that you just posted something on another thread saying that gay marriage was against God's Will...Last time I checked "Thou shall not steal" is one of the 10 commandments..."thou shall not be gay" is not. So this is why fundamentalist bible thumpers get on my nerves. It's easy to justify the inmoral acts of a Christian figure. I am sorry, but in my opinion, I think MY GOD is not going to judge anybody for committing,loving and caring another person, regardless of gender, in His name...but taking money from a poor woman who needs it in order to survive it's something that I hope he pays here on earth and heaven.
agnostic

Paducah, KY

#8 Aug 12, 2010
So much for the godly christian life! get real - people are in it for themselves. What ever happend to just "do the right thing".
sal gor

Bel Air, MD

#9 Aug 12, 2010
Paradoxical wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean really??? "Preachers have faults"...I agree. But that kind of justification is completely ignorant, especially considering that you just posted something on another thread saying that gay marriage was against God's Will...Last time I checked "Thou shall not steal" is one of the 10 commandments..."thou shall not be gay" is not. So this is why fundamentalist bible thumpers get on my nerves. It's easy to justify the inmoral acts of a Christian figure. I am sorry, but in my opinion, I think MY GOD is not going to judge anybody for committing,loving and caring another person, regardless of gender, in His name...but taking money from a poor woman who needs it in order to survive it's something that I hope he pays here on earth and heaven.
You are so wrong darlin. So deceived. Ever heard of a reprobate mind? Look it up.
Meoshi

Marion, KY

#10 Aug 12, 2010
MS. OR MR. PARADOXICAL YOU NEED TO READ YOUR BIBLE! THE BOOK OF JOB! Like i said before we all have faults and no one down here on this earth is perfect. Preachers sins just as well as anyone else. So, if you are without sin, "THROW YOUR STONES". When it's all said and done we all will have to answer to one Man for our sins; so therefore you have no Heaven or Hell to put anyone in unless you are GOD.
agnostic

Paducah, KY

#11 Aug 12, 2010
good lord Meoshi! get real! there is no god, and when I die I won't be answering to anyone. The lights will just go out and I'll turn into carbon! and oh, by the way, not everybody has or wants a bible!
Paradoxical

Knoxville, TN

#12 Aug 12, 2010
Sal_gor: Your point on reprobate mind is? I am not sure why you say I am deceived. I do believe in God

Meoshi: I am not saying that humans do not have faults. I do, a lot of them I am sure. However, I do not judge people in terms of the "bible" because in reality it is an oxymoron to do so. My point was to illustrate that you said gay marriage was against God, but yet said that the pastor or preacher or whatever he was "have faults" Well I am sorry if I don't want to hear somebody who steals from an old woman tell me how to live a "Christian" life. I am not judging a sin here. I am judging values, morality, and irony.

P.S: all of you going by the Bible to criticize people let me enlighten you and say that you all are going to be in a parade of sinners later on in afterlife. Some things on the Bible do NOT apply to modern times. I mean if you follow Deuteronomy Chapter 21 and 22, there would be no laws for sex trafficking, or poligamy, or women could not wear pants, and I would have a sheep in my backyard. So if you are going to follow one verse of the bible that suits you, then follow all of them :)
Meoshi

Marion, KY

#13 Aug 12, 2010
everyday life is in the bible, so I don't know what you are talking about. Sin is against god, sleeping with the same sex is against god, lusting is against god, sleeping with you brothers wife is against god so what are you talking about. I never said what he did was wrong. You can't judge him, neither can I; only 1 Man can, but you want to talk like you've never sinned or done anything against God will. That Preacher will have to answer to God just like we do. And as for moral who's to say that your morals are right! You can only say what you would not do, and that could change within an instant.
Paradoxical wrote:
Sal_gor: Your point on reprobate mind is? I am not sure why you say I am deceived. I do believe in God
Meoshi: I am not saying that humans do not have faults. I do, a lot of them I am sure. However, I do not judge people in terms of the "bible" because in reality it is an oxymoron to do so. My point was to illustrate that you said gay marriage was against God, but yet said that the pastor or preacher or whatever he was "have faults" Well I am sorry if I don't want to hear somebody who steals from an old woman tell me how to live a "Christian" life. I am not judging a sin here. I am judging values, morality, and irony.
P.S: all of you going by the Bible to criticize people let me enlighten you and say that you all are going to be in a parade of sinners later on in afterlife. Some things on the Bible do NOT apply to modern times. I mean if you follow Deuteronomy Chapter 21 and 22, there would be no laws for sex trafficking, or poligamy, or women could not wear pants, and I would have a sheep in my backyard. So if you are going to follow one verse of the bible that suits you, then follow all of them :)
agnostic

Paducah, KY

#14 Aug 12, 2010
Ah yes, the afterlife! just another one of those ways the human mind convinces another to mind their p's and q's! That's the way of the dark ages to keep people under your thumb! bahhhh humbug!
she love you long time

Nashville, TN

#15 Aug 12, 2010
ohhh
Paradoxical

Knoxville, TN

#16 Aug 13, 2010
OK this whole thing just proves the point that when someone challenges people like you, they end up making no sense. I guess I need to make myself clearer...I am NOT judging based on the BIBLE. I am stating the obvious that this so called figure that is supposed to be representing God is an immoral SOB. I would give ANYTHING to have my grandmother here on Earth, and for somebody to do that to an old person is beyond my understanding.
My point is that people shouldn't be throwing the "You are going to Hell" everytime they see a gay person because there are other sins that everybody commit that go under the radar. Also things that the same chapter that "christians" love to throw to gay's faces that SHOULD be applied but because of modern times dont. I mean it says in the bible that you shouldn't sleep with a woman while she is ragging but I am sure every husband sleep with their wives while they are bleeding. So, have you told your male and female friends that they are commiting a sin against God? probably not.
In all truth I dont really care what anybody's opinion of me is, because I know for a fact that when "judgement" day comes, I much rather be judged for who I decided to commit my LOVE to, than for being a bigot who pretended they are here on Earth to deliver God's word, but stole from an old woman who put her trust in him. So yes, I AM and WILL continue to judge him based on morals and what I was taught at home and for 15 years in a Catholic school...and it is to love everybody equally and BE moral.
Besides politics and religion are supposed to be separate, right? I am talking about politics.
Agnostic

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Aug 13, 2010
FYI - Agnostic means you believe in God and you don't have a specific religion. Most religions believe in an afterlife or reincarnation....SO I'm guessing you probably mean ATHEIST - no God, no heaven, no truth beyond the here and now.

Sad, but some people believe it.
agnostic

Paducah, KY

#18 Aug 13, 2010
FYI, Agnostic - from the greek and means unknown, or unknowable - One that holds the view that any ultimate reality (as in GOD) is unkown and most probably unknowable. noncommittal or undogmatic. I'm a realist and tired of christian dogma. I'm fine with Atheist if you prefer.
haha

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Aug 13, 2010
Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds

I can copy and paste, too.
PAD MOM

Clarksville, TN

#20 Aug 13, 2010
agnostic wrote:
FYI, Agnostic - from the greek and means unknown, or unknowable - One that holds the view that any ultimate reality (as in GOD) is unkown and most probably unknowable. noncommittal or undogmatic. I'm a realist and tired of christian dogma. I'm fine with Atheist if you prefer.
Wheats, is this you, getting these people fires up with the no GOD business? lol! dd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hook up websites/apps 15 min Mario 23
Local fake news, proof! 33 min Big1 17
clapp 57 min inked 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr Alain Vain 7,511
Chris harris 1 hr stephanie 4
How much weight can I lose on the meth diet (Nov '10) 4 hr Jonna 24
Tori shaw is knocked up 4 hr Erer 2
Best head in Paducah yall GO 10 hr Tlo 61

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages