SHANDIE'S Loves FELONS

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Downtown Eatery

Paducah, KY

#1 Apr 27, 2011
I have seen the police arrest 3 of their employees, carrying them out of the restaurant right past the customers in handcuffs. As if that wasn't bad enough, THEY keep RE- HIRING the same felons when they get out of jail to wait on you, handle your credit cards, and touch your food !!
Grossfood

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Gays and criminals !! Not to mention overpriced bad food!!
Whatever

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2011
The gays are the best thing that place has goin for it!
truth

Round Lake, IL

#5 Apr 27, 2011
Dont forget fake tit HO! Hadn't seen her in awhile, I guess she found her sugar daddy or a sugar mama.
really

United States

#6 Apr 27, 2011
Misty dosent even work there now.
nice try

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Apr 27, 2011
I don't have a stake in this but it looks like local competitors, owners/managers or maybe jealous servers at other places who've seen their business nosedive since Shandie's opened are trying to stir up shit in hopes of convincing people to not go there. Not gonna work, bitches, people who spend money downtown don't place a lot of stock in what cretins on Topix have to say. They're not on here that often, most likely. If the food is good and the service too, people will come. If your place can't provide what people want, don't drag another business down to try to make up for it. I've seen people waiting to be seated, even turned away from Shandie's because they didn't have reservations. Maybe that's who started this post, some local wannabe power couple who strolled in one Saturday night with their entourage and were told they couldn't be accommodated because the restaurant was full, and they hadn't made a reservation.(K&K) I'm leaning towards it being CK, still riding the waaambulance because he took in a former employee who he claims did him wrong. That has to be a bullshit story anyway. You're last decades hit C., so STFU. Maybe JPL, b/c he has an axe to grind with BF. J, you are pathetic. You let him stay the night with you then threw his belongings away, on legal advice of course. You're a POS.
Fact Check

Paducah, KY

#8 Apr 28, 2011
nice try wrote:
I don't have a stake in this but it looks like local competitors, owners/managers or maybe jealous servers at other places who've seen their business nosedive since Shandie's opened are trying to stir up shit in hopes of convincing people to not go there. Not gonna work, bitches, people who spend money downtown don't place a lot of stock in what cretins on Topix have to say. They're not on here that often, most likely. If the food is good and the service too, people will come. If your place can't provide what people want, don't drag another business down to try to make up for it. I've seen people waiting to be seated, even turned away from Shandie's because they didn't have reservations. Maybe that's who started this post, some local wannabe power couple who strolled in one Saturday night with their entourage and were told they couldn't be accommodated because the restaurant was full, and they hadn't made a reservation.(K&K) I'm leaning towards it being CK, still riding the waaambulance because he took in a former employee who he claims did him wrong. That has to be a bullshit story anyway. You're last decades hit C., so STFU. Maybe JPL, b/c he has an axe to grind with BF. J, you are pathetic. You let him stay the night with you then threw his belongings away, on legal advice of course. You're a POS.
RE: NICE TRY,
Your are very missinformed!! NO ONES business has taken a "nosedive" if anything Shandies has made everyone elses business better!! And its not CK, its K K. "with a K" as he tells everyone. I dont like him much, but I know BF did steal from KK, and BF is not a former employee, HES working there RIGHT NOW !!! And whoever JPL is I am glad he threw BF's stuff away!
oooh

Nashville, TN

#9 Apr 28, 2011
Fact Check wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: NICE TRY,
Your are very missinformed!! NO ONES business has taken a "nosedive" if anything Shandies has made everyone elses business better!! And its not CK, its K K. "with a K" as he tells everyone. I dont like him much, but I know BF did steal from KK, and BF is not a former employee, HES working there RIGHT NOW !!! And whoever JPL is I am glad he threw BF's stuff away!
This is a fun game! I got K & K (LMAO at their entourage) and CK/KK. Now I just need some hints for BF & JPL...

And I haven't seen any nosedive in business for the other restaurants, but I walk by Shandies all the time & see mostly empty tables... Just saying...
To_Ohhhhh

AOL

#10 Apr 28, 2011
This is BF, Shadies most recent "Re-Hire"
http://www.co.mccracken.ky.us/paducah/files/2...
oooh

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Oh, the tweaker! Didn't he just get picked up again for violating parole/probation?
oooh

Nashville, TN

#12 Apr 28, 2011
BTW, I don't know ANY restaurant that doesn't have an ex-felon or two working there... Doesn't bother me if it was for drugs, but if you have a record for violent crimes or theft, I don't want to be around you....
To_Ohhhhh

Pflugerville, TX

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Yeah he did get picked up but now he's out and back at work!
Right on oooooh

Springfield, TN

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Honestly I would like someone to name one business anywhere ever that doesn't have at least one employee with a record. It's easy to judge from the outside looking in, you never truly know what someone's story is unless you ARE them. Course I have no idea what the point of explaining this to anyone on Topix could be...

This "felon" outsells almost every other employee on a consistent basis. Smart businesses hire/re-hire employees who do their job WELL. What do you suppose we do with people once they are released from jail? Forbid them from getting jobs? Let them live off the system? Leave them with no choice but to return to a life of crime to support themselves? Please offer your ideas Downtown Eatery...or just judgments I'm sure?
Downtown Eatery

Paducah, KY

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Suggestion: 1. How about you set a STANDARD! I know you think you're great because you can cook some really blah pasta and sell it for some god awful price, but how about signing up for a business ethics class? EVERY successful fortune 500 business has a standard that makes them successful.

A: If you want to socialize convicted felons you start them off in a job where they don't hande cash or credit cards (brilliant considering that was one of his convictions).

B. Consider your market. Why would you re-hire someone who stole from one of your neighbors? Especially when they have the biggest mouth in town.(Figuratively and literally.)

2. Don't rip off other local business food/recepies. Be original.(I shouldn't have to subtitle that one for you)

3. Roll your sleeves up and put in some owner sweat equity, even if your just renting the building month to month.

A. On busy nights dont prance around and
chat with you friends. Carry some food, bus a table, carry some drinks??

B. Walk from the public parking lot like the rest of us do. Don't hog customer parking that's already limited. A walk would do you good.

4. Lastly use some common sense to spot a con man. If he "outsells' everyone I'm sure he's selling you some B.S. So don't cry when your a few thousand short sometime soon. Or at least roll up the sleeves and check for track marks??

So you asked for ideas, here they are free of charge. This is not judgment it business 101 !

Right on OOOooh

Springfield, TN

#16 Apr 29, 2011
Downtown Eatery wrote:
Suggestion: 1. How about you set a STANDARD! I know you think you're great because you can cook some really blah pasta and sell it for some god awful price, but how about signing up for a business ethics class? EVERY successful fortune 500 business has a standard that makes them successful.
A: If you want to socialize convicted felons you start them off in a job where they don't hande cash or credit cards (brilliant considering that was one of his convictions).
B. Consider your market. Why would you re-hire someone who stole from one of your neighbors? Especially when they have the biggest mouth in town.(Figuratively and literally.)
2. Don't rip off other local business food/recepies. Be original.(I shouldn't have to subtitle that one for you)
3. Roll your sleeves up and put in some owner sweat equity, even if your just renting the building month to month.
A. On busy nights dont prance around and
chat with you friends. Carry some food, bus a table, carry some drinks??
B. Walk from the public parking lot like the rest of us do. Don't hog customer parking that's already limited. A walk would do you good.
4. Lastly use some common sense to spot a con man. If he "outsells' everyone I'm sure he's selling you some B.S. So don't cry when your a few thousand short sometime soon. Or at least roll up the sleeves and check for track marks??
So you asked for ideas, here they are free of charge. This is not judgment it business 101 !
1.Shandies is constantly improving in all areas of operation- so good ethical business plan I think?

2. Never once has his cash or credit cards been mishandled or even questionable. They are double and triple checked by several levels of management. Nor has any customer EVER called to report any fraudulent activity in regards to money they have spent with him.

3.I promise I will not ever come crying to you or Topix first when something goes wrong.

4. We do in fact utilize common sense. And even a sense of justice. I almost said forgiveness but again, he has never committed a crime against Shandies.

5. Your business 101 plan sounds more like a pry into everyone's past, present and future lives plan so that you can destroy as many lives as possible, eh? Hope that works for ya, our strictly business policy of performance sounds more like the business 101 classes I've taken.

What did I forget? OH the parking, we do park in the far lot, my dear unless we have a large load of food to unload, in which case please accept my apologies for having to walk an extra 100 feet for whatever awful horrible felon-tainted meal you choose to order from any of our fine downtown establishments. I'll leave the other baseless comments about prancing and lack of work ethic alone since...they are completely baseless and driven by hate.
miami c

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2011
Who is the girl bartender? She is nice and really hot!
business owner

Nashville, TN

#18 Apr 29, 2011
Personally, there's no way I would allow a former meth addict who's been convicted of credit card fraud to handle my customers' credit cards. It's just too risky. I might let him work in the kitchen...
OkAy

Nashville, TN

#19 Apr 29, 2011
oooh wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a fun game! I got K & K (LMAO at their entourage) and CK/KK. Now I just need some hints for BF & JPL...
And I haven't seen any nosedive in business for the other restaurants, but I walk by Shandies all the time & see mostly empty tables... Just saying...
Who are CK, bk, jpl? Bf OAS obviously Brandon fitch - hence the link someone posted.
Anonymous

United States

#20 Apr 29, 2011
This is nothing but trying to bash a new restaurant. I work at jp's and someone started one on us. If anything it will help. All downtown restaurants stick together
Right on oooooh

Springfield, TN

#21 Apr 29, 2011
Downtownred wrote:
This is nothing but trying to bash a new restaurant. I work at jp's and someone started one on us. If anything it will help. All downtown restaurants stick together
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tammy robertson (Feb '11) 2 min Jade 15
Hmm. Tammy must not be able to handle the heat 6 min Dave 2
wpsd 19 min Bloodfart 15
I like bacon 20 min Bloodfart 3
loan sharks (Aug '11) 28 min spotcred 2
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 29 min teensy 4,269
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 32 min teensy 7,901
looks like Tori gets off 17 hr Black momba 38

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web