why is this county so scared of growt...

why is this county so scared of growth...merger wouldve brought benefits

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
streets wanna know

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2013
We needed this expansion to bring more revenue and jobs to this local area
county man

Paducah, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Maybe thats a fact or maybe not. but the people in the county dont want the city rules nor the city taxes,the city cant handle the money they already get so what difference does it make if they are reeling in more money from the county people.
county man

Paducah, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2013
I think if the city wants to merger in the county they need to make the case public and prove the benefits that could become of it. our city leaders are a bunch of pitiful nuts, look at there track record, people in the county dont want to be under there money sucking thumb!
intimidator

Paducah, KY

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Mainly because of the backward narrow minded ppl of this county. Lot of hayseed folks. Never been anywhere. Don't won't changes. Anti progress. Lived here all my life but I have been everywhere. I have seen what other areas have done. Some good, maybe some not so go but still better than here. Some really great. Forward thinking people. I was all for the merger. I grew up in the county. I barely live in the city now. You could call it the county. There are just a lot of stupid ppl here. If you don't believe me just spend awhile at Walmart or Dollar stores.
Bill

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 2, 2013
City need that county money to pay for the Boat Club at the end of Burnett St. I'm sure they have lots of other things to waste money on also, like buying more real estate to give away.
intimidator also

Paducah, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2013
intimidator wrote:
Mainly because of the backward narrow minded ppl of this county. Lot of hayseed folks. Never been anywhere. Don't won't changes. Anti progress. Lived here all my life but I have been everywhere. I have seen what other areas have done. Some good, maybe some not so go but still better than here. Some really great. Forward thinking people. I was all for the merger. I grew up in the county. I barely live in the city now. You could call it the county. There are just a lot of stupid ppl here. If you don't believe me just spend awhile at Walmart or Dollar stores.
I agree totally. After all, i find it very hard to find any idiots in the city at all. All smart, well educated people that see this area for what it is. They are a city goverment that fails to follow a budget, over tax, steal, squander money like it grows on trees, and basically have acclompished nothing in years but backward movement. All over western kentucky, Paducah is known as a political septic tank. You're right, the backward idiots of the county have nothing on the idiots of the city. I can't figure out for the life of me why people in the county don't trust the city government! Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it!
intimidator

Tucker, GA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
intimidator also wrote:
<quoted text>I agree totally. After all, i find it very hard to find any idiots in the city at all. All smart, well educated people that see this area for what it is. They are a city goverment that fails to follow a budget, over tax, steal, squander money like it grows on trees, and basically have acclompished nothing in years but backward movement. All over western kentucky, Paducah is known as a political septic tank. You're right, the backward idiots of the county have nothing on the idiots of the city. I can't figure out for the life of me why people in the county don't trust the city government! Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it!
You fall into my previous category. Blooming idiot. Hayseed hick. Been nowhere. Done nuttin'.
Everyone acts like this was the city annexing the county. No so. It was to be a two way street. Folks like you too dumb to understand that. But that is what we get around here. I go other places and feel like an coming back to a 3rd world country.
Remember I grew up in McCracken Co. and I am smart enough to see the logic.
JustMe

Dickson, TN

#8 Jan 2, 2013
streets wanna know wrote:
We needed this expansion to bring more revenue and jobs to this local area
The city wanted the expansion so they could control the county with their communist reign. They would have been able to take personal property if it werent up to their standards, fine people for not mowing, tow cars because they were parked in the grass, should I go on, FU%$ the city of Paducah and their expansion
intimidator

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Hayseed hicks. Just don't know no better. Probably voted for Obummer.
county man

Paducah, KY

#10 Jan 2, 2013
intimidator wrote:
Hayseed hicks. Just don't know no better. Probably voted for Obummer.
Just haul your city ass into the city and stay there, all we want is to be left alone so if you dont like it here , move on there are lots of cities out there for you to move into, we live in the county because thats where we chose to be.NOT IN THE CITY When they annex the county thats when ill move out
county man

Paducah, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2013
YOU dont intimidate anybody bring your ass out from behind that computer and we will see who is intimidated.
Err

Paducah, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Why are you getting so personal and angry over it
Unity

Tucker, GA

#13 Jan 2, 2013
intimidator wrote:
Mainly because of the backward narrow minded ppl of this county. Lot of hayseed folks. Never been anywhere. Don't won't changes. Anti progress. Lived here all my life but I have been everywhere. I have seen what other areas have done. Some good, maybe some not so go but still better than here. Some really great. Forward thinking people. I was all for the merger. I grew up in the county. I barely live in the city now. You could call it the county. There are just a lot of stupid ppl here. If you don't believe me just spend awhile at Walmart or Dollar stores.
I agree with you 100%. After reading some of these post, I think you prove your point. If a lot of these people would get away from here, Their eyes would be open.
intimidator

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Countyman just proves my point. Enough said. I bet he NEVER goes into the city and takes advantage of all the amenities that he DOES NOT pay taxes for. Keep you hayseed ass in the county.
Confused yet

Madisonville, KY

#15 Jan 2, 2013
for those who don't know, "Intimidator" and "Unity" and a couple of others, I believe are the same person. He or she tried to fool everyone back when the merger topic was hot and heavy before the vote by posting and then back it up from the other name. And to Err, I would suspect that county man is getting personal over it because the other side decided to make it so by resorting immediately to name-calling just like he did back when someone posted real facts against his viewpoints, and not his opinion-piece platitudes, and yes, it's your arch-nemesis "My Guess."
acer

Nashville, TN

#16 Jan 2, 2013
county man wrote:
<quoted text> Just haul your city ass into the city and stay there, all we want is to be left alone so if you dont like it here , move on there are lots of cities out there for you to move into, we live in the county because thats where we chose to be.NOT IN THE CITY When they annex the county thats when ill move out
City residents are also residents of McCracken County as we pay county taxes as well. I am a city resident that was against the merger as it was presented. I agree the city has made some ignorant financial decisions and it is very aggravating as a taxpayer. But, I believe there are allot of city funded facilities and events that allot of county residents enjoy as well such as Noble Park, the riverfront, BBQ on the River, 4th of July fireworks etc. I mean, by most standards our "city" would be considered a small country town by allot of people. I am a proud McCracken County resident that currently resides in the city of Paducah.
intimidator

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Confused yet wrote:
for those who don't know, "Intimidator" and "Unity" and a couple of others, I believe are the same person. He or she tried to fool everyone back when the merger topic was hot and heavy before the vote by posting and then back it up from the other name. And to Err, I would suspect that county man is getting personal over it because the other side decided to make it so by resorting immediately to name-calling just like he did back when someone posted real facts against his viewpoints, and not his opinion-piece platitudes, and yes, it's your arch-nemesis "My Guess."
Good analysis. But no cigar. I am the only poster. I don't do that double name bs. I have no idea who Unity is but I appreciate his/her support. At least I know there are still sensible folk around.
Unity

Tucker, GA

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Confused yet wrote:
for those who don't know, "Intimidator" and "Unity" and a couple of others, I believe are the same person. He or she tried to fool everyone back when the merger topic was hot and heavy before the vote by posting and then back it up from the other name. And to Err, I would suspect that county man is getting personal over it because the other side decided to make it so by resorting immediately to name-calling just like he did back when someone posted real facts against his viewpoints, and not his opinion-piece platitudes, and yes, it's your arch-nemesis "My Guess."
Yes, Your confuse alright. "Duh which way did he go George."
Gen Mc

Tucker, GA

#20 Jan 2, 2013
If any of you had read the document this merger vote was the county's opportunity to kill the city. You might have had to take over a note or two but once those were gone so would the city. Had your chance fools.
Mac

Nashville, TN

#21 Jan 3, 2013
Name one thing that would make the county better by joining the City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina Tlo Cain 18 min West Kentucky Star 3
Suggestion for a rheumatologist 54 min Breaking the law 5
Emily Williamson 1 hr Kc crew 9
Mellow Mushroom parking lot 1 hr Details 4
Get serious car club (Sep '11) 2 hr Night rider 8
Rosalinda Perez 3 hr Bulls0987 8
Kevil shooting 3 hr On edge 3

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages