Recommendations please!

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ariel

Princeton, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2012
Wanting to get my my senior pictures taken but can't afford really that much. I would settle for just my images on a cd and no prints!
I have looked on fb and seen several people who take good pictures they don't have to be a professional just someone that has a good eye and talent. So far I've found

Aimme Frances, Khays, KT keen, Memory Makers,
memory makers, and Keepsake

If you can think of anyone else around here please comment so I
can look into them. Thanks
Dammit

Nashville, TN

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Ariel wrote:
Wanting to get my my senior pictures taken but can't afford really that much. I would settle for just my images on a cd and no prints!
I have looked on fb and seen several people who take good pictures they don't have to be a professional just someone that has a good eye and talent. So far I've found

Aimme Frances, Khays, KT keen, Memory Makers,
memory makers, and Keepsake

If you can think of anyone else around here please comment so I
can look into them. Thanks
Bella Luna Photography. Im pretty sure they're on Facebook as well. She's really good and affordable.
cjai

Duluth, GA

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Sharper edge does a good job and she takes donations to give to charities! Her name is Michelle sharp and she has a Facebook page for sharper edge!
cjai

Duluth, GA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
I used her for family and wedding pics and she is going to do 1st bday pics this weekend for my daughter!
Ariel

Princeton, KY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Dammit wrote:
<quoted text>
Bella Luna Photography. Im pretty sure they're on Facebook as well. She's really good and affordable.
Awesome! Thank you :)
grad mom

Paducah, KY

#6 Nov 14, 2012
I'll tell ya what I did. I knew someone who is an amateur photographer who really enjoys editing photos on her computer. I took my son to the photographer his school uses because there was no sitting fee to just have the pics made. Of course their gimmick is they take the traditional senior pic or 2, but then they take several other shots thinking you won't be able to resist buying them later. Well, I could not afford a package of pictures. The studio policy was that I could sign out the proofs for $50 and when I returned them, the fee was not refundable, but I could use that $50 toward a purchase. So i signed out the proofs (about 6 of them), took them to my friend who scanned them into her computer and she was able to edit out that word "PROOF" or whatever it said across the photo. From there she was able to make as many copies as I wanted for just the cost of the photo paper and ink. The quality of this photo paper was not QUITE as good as professional, but still very good, nice enough to have hanging on my wall right now. I applied the $50 fee to an 8"x10" knowing the photo paper and resolution of the pic would be best, in other words I thought that was the best way to spend the $50. So my advice to you is to check around and see if any of your friends or relatives does photo editing as a hobby, or find a photography student who does. That way you can get a nice package of pics very cheaply, for just the cost of signing them out from the studio and then however much your friend will charge you for the paper and ink. My friend only charged me about $2 for each 5"x7", where they were about $25 from the studio. Plus when you save them onto the computer like that, you can go back and print out more any time. The total $75 I spent would have been more like $500 at the studio and I still have the pics saved on computer, which a studio isn't going to let you do.
not wise

Paducah, KY

#7 Nov 14, 2012
grad mom wrote:
I'll tell ya what I did. I knew someone who is an amateur photographer who really enjoys editing photos on her computer. I took my son to the photographer his school uses because there was no sitting fee to just have the pics made. Of course their gimmick is they take the traditional senior pic or 2, but then they take several other shots thinking you won't be able to resist buying them later. Well, I could not afford a package of pictures. The studio policy was that I could sign out the proofs for $50 and when I returned them, the fee was not refundable, but I could use that $50 toward a purchase. So i signed out the proofs (about 6 of them), took them to my friend who scanned them into her computer and she was able to edit out that word "PROOF" or whatever it said across the photo. From there she was able to make as many copies as I wanted for just the cost of the photo paper and ink. The quality of this photo paper was not QUITE as good as professional, but still very good, nice enough to have hanging on my wall right now. I applied the $50 fee to an 8"x10" knowing the photo paper and resolution of the pic would be best, in other words I thought that was the best way to spend the $50. So my advice to you is to check around and see if any of your friends or relatives does photo editing as a hobby, or find a photography student who does. That way you can get a nice package of pics very cheaply, for just the cost of signing them out from the studio and then however much your friend will charge you for the paper and ink. My friend only charged me about $2 for each 5"x7", where they were about $25 from the studio. Plus when you save them onto the computer like that, you can go back and print out more any time. The total $75 I spent would have been more like $500 at the studio and I still have the pics saved on computer, which a studio isn't going to let you do.
I realise the pics are expensive but what you did was illegal and is considered copyright infringement. The pic said proof because they own that image and by editing it out and printing them off you could go to jail. To Ariel do not take this lady's advice, while it might be well intentioned it is very illegal.
yep

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Nov 14, 2012
not wise wrote:
<quoted text>I realise the pics are expensive but what you did was illegal and is considered copyright infringement. The pic said proof because they own that image and by editing it out and printing them off you could go to jail. To Ariel do not take this lady's advice, while it might be well intentioned it is very illegal.
Totally agree. There are plenty of photographers in the area that can do pictures and give you the CD with a statement that gives you the rights to go wherever you want to print them. They charge ballpark around 50 to 100 bucks to do the session, photo CD with around 20 or more images. Plus they have packages as well for special rates. Keepsake, KHays, Jennifer Haines Photography, and a bunch more that were mentioned in a post above... They all are reasonable and you don't have to do anything illegal. Hope this helps.
Cindy

Paducah, KY

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Memory Makers is very reasonable and good.
Well now.

Greenville, KY

#10 Nov 14, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree. There are plenty of photographers in the area that can do pictures and give you the CD with a statement that gives you the rights to go wherever you want to print them. They charge ballpark around 50 to 100 bucks to do the session, photo CD with around 20 or more images. Plus they have packages as well for special rates. Keepsake, KHays, Jennifer Haines Photography, and a bunch more that were mentioned in a post above... They all are reasonable and you don't have to do anything illegal. Hope this helps.
Don't do Jennifer Sigler Haines. She is a drama queen and is not very good anyway. Just sayin
2 cents

Ledbetter, KY

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Contact marbry photography
grad mom

Paducah, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2012
I didn't say I did it. I said someone else did it. Duh... you must be one of those "poor" photographers who might not be able to afford your vacation to the Bahamas twice a month if you can't force everyone to pay your outlandish fees. Price gouging is what we call it. THAT should be illegal!
not wise

Paducah, KY

#13 Nov 14, 2012
no i am not a photographer at all and you need to re-read your first statement. You said you checked out the proof and basically hired a friend to illegally reproduce them. I also agreed that they are expensive and that maybe you didnt intend to give her illegal advice. You gave her bad advice period and I just clarified it for her. Do you teach your kids to do things the illegal way because it is easier or cheaper, you are probably using an Obama phone to access topix!
grad mom

Paducah, KY

#14 Nov 14, 2012
not wise wrote:
no i am not a photographer at all and you need to re-read your first statement. You said you checked out the proof and basically hired a friend to illegally reproduce them. I also agreed that they are expensive and that maybe you didnt intend to give her illegal advice. You gave her bad advice period and I just clarified it for her. Do you teach your kids to do things the illegal way because it is easier or cheaper, you are probably using an Obama phone to access topix!
Awwwww, is that the best you've got honey? Read my lips: I DO NOT CARE!!!!

"Dashing through the snow
On a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
LAUGHING ALL THE WAY!!!!
yep

Paducah, KY

#15 Nov 15, 2012
[QUOTE who="Well now. "]<quoted text>Don't do Jennifer Sigler Haines. She is a drama queen and is not very good anyway. Just sayin[/QUOTE]

Oh I liked her work a lot. She's a lot better now alone. Before when it was Sweet Pea Photography, her partner was the drama queen. Now that she's alone, she's only getting better.:)
yep

Paducah, KY

#16 Nov 15, 2012
grad mom wrote:
I didn't say I did it. I said someone else did it. Duh... you must be one of those "poor" photographers who might not be able to afford your vacation to the Bahamas twice a month if you can't force everyone to pay your outlandish fees. Price gouging is what we call it. THAT should be illegal!
You actually DID say you were the one who took the photos to your friend to edit. And "not wise" was just pointing out to Ariel the legalities of the situation. It's true. What you did is copyright infringement. It's not a joke either. And you made the choice to go to that photographer in the first place. When there are so many other people around, there was no need to go to the price gouger.
Ariel

Elkton, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2012
I have finally found one local at a good price, no sitting fee and edited pictures on disc. Now location ideas I get some indoor and outdoor.
grad mom

Paducah, KY

#18 Nov 15, 2012
I still don't care and I still got pics for cheap! hahahahahaha
So keep babbling, I still got pics for cheap and can get all I want :)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Nov 15, 2012
grad mom wrote:
I still don't care and I still got pics for cheap! hahahahahaha
So keep babbling, I still got pics for cheap and can get all I want :)
You may have gotten pictures for cheap but what you committed was a theft. Theft of services from the original place that took the photos of your child. I am betting had they known what you did that they could have charged you theft of (x) amount. Remember that the next time that you may not get off so well. Most photographers would have gave you a cd and not charged you much.
Jackazzzz

Cadiz, KY

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Ariel wrote:
I have finally found one local at a good price, no sitting fee and edited pictures on disc. Now location ideas I get some indoor and outdoor.
Some great nooks and crannies downtown arounf the Market House area. Have seen some good photos come out of there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Porn store manager 12 min Nikki 6
Adult theaters 14 min Kalie 18
Anyone remember miss morefield or underhill lon... 30 min jason 1
Mora mi 54 min Nikki 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr ole Joe 7,392
bbq on the river 2 hr jazzy 30
Watkins/Bridges for State Rep. 3 hr Monte 48
Paducah Power Systems (Feb '14) 7 hr GEE ou812 333
Paducah Dating
Find my Match

Paducah Jobs

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]