gobroncos

La Center, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

I have worshipped there a couple of times. It is a breath of fresh air coming from a Cumberland Presbyterian church. It is Very progressive and contemporary. The pastor is wonderful, as well.
visitor

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

I have visited there a few times. This church rocks! They have a real vision for the cause of Christ. Keep up the good work!!!
Timmy

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Lots of great programs. Their divorce program saved my life.
jay

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

The best church in the area! Divorce care is a wonderful class.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

gobroncos wrote:
I have worshipped there a couple of times. It is a breath of fresh air coming from a Cumberland Presbyterian church. It is Very progressive and contemporary. The pastor is wonderful, as well.
I have been a Cumberland Presbyterian all my life but it is becoming stiff and stuffy. Could you please compare the two and give me the pros and cons. I was attending the one at Gage but am thinking of switching-are their beliefs a whole lot different? Thanks...
gobroncos

La Center, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Sleepless Sunday Night wrote:
<quoted text>I have been a Cumberland Presbyterian all my life but it is becoming stiff and stuffy. Could you please compare the two and give me the pros and cons. I was attending the one at Gage but am thinking of switching-are their beliefs a whole lot different? Thanks...
The beliefs seem the same to me. I haven't researched it, really. I go to the one in Gage, as well. I love my home church, but that worship style is not the right one for me.
praying

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Was a little worried when I saw the name of our church on a topix but so blessed to read all of the great answers. I guess when you are a church that is actually trying to do what God is leading you to do people notice. So glad the comments aren't like the ones on the Faith Center posts!!

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

I have been a member at Heartland for many years. I have some of the best friends that I have ever had in my life. Everyone there us very friendly but not pushy. There is something for everyone. Come as you are and dress how you please. Please just come.
Monte

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

What are they clearing the land for in front of the church?
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Monte wrote:
What are they clearing the land for in front of the church?
Monte that land is owned by a dr office that is at western they r building their new office there

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

gobroncos wrote:
<quoted text>
The beliefs seem the same to me. I haven't researched it, really. I go to the one in Gage, as well. I love my home church, but that worship style is not the right one for me.
This is too wild-we know each other just not on here. It is hard to leave your home church and go somewhere else-maybe we will see each other there before long-best wishes...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Member wrote:
I have been a member at Heartland for many years. I have some of the best friends that I have ever had in my life. Everyone there us very friendly but not pushy. There is something for everyone. Come as you are and dress how you please. Please just come.
even in heavy metal t-shirts and all my tat's showing??? or will i get the usual good ole southern baptist hospitality of being looked down on for my appearence, people talking under their breath about me, and judged for not putting money in the offering plate? oh and i don't drive a luxury SUV and have a fat bank roll either you still want me to come??? or do you only want 10% of what little money I have???
Terrible Place

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

I "was" a member there. In a church of over 1,000 people you can count on two hands, possibly one, the number of black people that go there. It is TOTALLY a white church. They like to preach a big game of reaching out to the world...why don't they reach into the black community? They have the ACTS House. That's great, but I think the Bible says to "GO" not "let them come to us". They go on these very expensive mission trips, but what about right here at home? Think of what could be done with all of that money right here in Paducah. When I went there the pastor preached to sell your big houses and luxury cars, downsize, and do the work of a "Heartland Missionary"; yet he goes out (during that very series) and buys a new Lincoln while his family and the other staff there live in BIG, VERY NICE homes in upscale subdivisions. Nothing wrong with pastors having nice things, but don't preach to your people one thing and live another. I could go on, but I think that says enough. They have some GREAT members, but MANY are fooled by the lives most of the staff tries to portray. VERY two-faced!
Heartland member

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Terrible Place wrote:
I "was" a member there. In a church of over 1,000 people you can count on two hands, possibly one, the number of black people that go there. It is TOTALLY a white church. They like to preach a big game of reaching out to the world...why don't they reach into the black community? They have the ACTS House. That's great, but I think the Bible says to "GO" not "let them come to us". They go on these very expensive mission trips, but what about right here at home? Think of what could be done with all of that money right here in Paducah. When I went there the pastor preached to sell your big houses and luxury cars, downsize, and do the work of a "Heartland Missionary"; yet he goes out (during that very series) and buys a new Lincoln while his family and the other staff there live in BIG, VERY NICE homes in upscale subdivisions. Nothing wrong with pastors having nice things, but don't preach to your people one thing and live another. I could go on, but I think that says enough. They have some GREAT members, but MANY are fooled by the lives most of the staff tries to portray. VERY two-faced!
You say there is no outreach into the black community. I have to ask; have you ever attended on Wednesday night? Ever volunteered to help with the children's or student's ministries? Having asked this question, I already know the answer. It is no. The reason I know this is because if you had, you would realize there actually IS an outreach to the "black" community as you call it. Vans run every single Wednesday night to SDA and other housing projects in Paducah, bringing in the children and students of these communities to minister to them. Ever volunteered for Jumpstart? The pastor hasn't told anyone to sell their possessions and run off to the mission field. What he said was listen to your heart, and see what God is leading you to do. As far as the pastors homes, yes they are very nice. God had blessed them. But they use their homes by opening them up and hosting bible studies and other activities to further the ministry of proclaiming to love of Jesus Christ. In closing, I would simply ask that you please don't criticize until you know story and full experience of HWC! May God bless you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Heartland member wrote:
<quoted text>
You say there is no outreach into the black community. I have to ask; have you ever attended on Wednesday night? Ever volunteered to help with the children's or student's ministries? Having asked this question, I already know the answer. It is no. The reason I know this is because if you had, you would realize there actually IS an outreach to the "black" community as you call it. Vans run every single Wednesday night to SDA and other housing projects in Paducah, bringing in the children and students of these communities to minister to them. Ever volunteered for Jumpstart? The pastor hasn't told anyone to sell their possessions and run off to the mission field. What he said was listen to your heart, and see what God is leading you to do. As far as the pastors homes, yes they are very nice. God had blessed them. But they use their homes by opening them up and hosting bible studies and other activities to further the ministry of proclaiming to love of Jesus Christ. In closing, I would simply ask that you please don't criticize until you know story and full experience of HWC! May God bless you.
A so called man of "God" can not serve him and mammon. Just keep on forking over at least 10% of your money to help keep up these upper middle class, condescending peoples lifestyles. Keep on being a sheep.
Loved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

I've been thinking about trying Heartland, but do you have to dress up? I always wear jeans at my church. I would feel uncomfortable if everyone was dressed up but me.
curious too

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

I've been to several different churches and am looking for one that doesn't judge me being a single mother... .and yes i have been places where i am not allowed to participate bc of that. I went to another church for awhile and they were always talking about reaching out here or there and i was friends with several ppl over these ministries... not one ever offered. an invite
Sketchy Fan

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Loved wrote:
I've been thinking about trying Heartland, but do you have to dress up? I always wear jeans at my church. I would feel uncomfortable if everyone was dressed up but me.
You don't have to dress up. I wear jeans all the time. The pastors even wear jeans, and they will wear tshirts from time to time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of85
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

158 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Jon Downs 48 min Brad 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 51 min but now 81,566
Kat from the old Ljs 53 min maybe 2
support downtown 58 min complainers 66
Truth hurts 1 hr Hahaha 1
Where can I buy crystals at? (Aug '12) 1 hr Kevins Folly 10
Nardo lamar Mayes (Jul '13) 1 hr u ppl r sick 8
•••