First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Channel 6 is biased

Herrin, IL

#1 Oct 11, 2012
From the post on the WPSD web page during the VP debate. The channel 6 news team is very Liberal.
PMGsuxASS

Clifty, KY

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Paxton=Liberal to the max
Capt Obvious

Paducah, KY

#3 Oct 11, 2012
I think they tend to parrot what msnbc sends them in regards to national issues. When Fred Paxton was still alive, it was not liberal, actually they delayed SNL by 1 hour because the Paxtons thought it was too racy. Nowadays, it is the son, who went to college at Stanford in liberal San Francisco. So much for the conservative bend.
Capt Obvious

Paducah, KY

#4 Oct 11, 2012
I feel sorry for Bidwell having such a dumbass story as some former coca cola artist making an insult cartoon. Is this shit what WPSD thinks is news? God they need new staff!
Christ died of AIDs

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2012
It should be fair and balanced like Fox News.
So what

Paducah, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2012
They could be swatstika sporting nazis as long as they continue to make Marissa Hollowed the best part of waking up.
lou

Paducah, KY

#7 Oct 12, 2012
barf
SickandTired

Eads, TN

#8 Oct 12, 2012
Yea WPSD has become increasingly transperent with their left leaning coverage and OPED. as with so many News org's credibilty has become unimportant. Just so dissapointing.... Media in general. Condescending...
steve

Madisonville, KY

#9 Oct 12, 2012
fox news, "fair and balanced" somebody get me a vommit bag!
conserv

Paducah, KY

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Scott McGee is the biggest Obama loving liberal atheist there is! Can't wait till he gets another offer
Christ died of AIDs

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Jennifer Rikavina is a femanazi.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 12, 2012
steve wrote:
fox news, "fair and balanced" somebody get me a vommit bag!
LOL!!! Pass me one too!
NOT

Metropolis, IL

#13 Oct 12, 2012
PMGsuxASS wrote:
Paxton=Liberal to the max
HA! You have obviously never read The Paducah Sun editorials
Lone Oak Guy

Paducah, KY

#14 Oct 12, 2012
WPSD certainly isn't entirely liberal given the Paxton family's conservative views (the Paducah Sun's editorials shed good light on their anti-Obama views). Yes, there are liberals who work for them, but not everyone. I recently met someone who works for the station behind the scenes, and he openly laughed when I asked him about everyone thinking WPSD is overtly liberal. He said something to the effect of "we have some conservative Republicans and independents there, too. It's not the far-left commie network everyone thinks it is." He said he wasn't even a Democrat or Obama supporter himself. While he wouldn't go too deep into inside information or name any names, he said it's not fair to criticize the entire staff and that many of them who don't get any public credit work hard at their jobs, are normal people just like everyone else and have diverse views.

But I won't argue about Scott McGee, he's definitely liberal and shows it. From what I know about news, though, I think he injects that himself. He either throws it in while talking or re-writes things unless the other people who write stories are as liberal as he appears to be. I think something as simple as having a neutral anchor for their main shows would help shift WPSD's image, even if it's only a minor change.

I also put some blame on the network. We all know the heat, deserved or undeserved, that NBC gets for leaning left, but to be fair if NBC is guilty so are ABC and CBS. And Fox News is guilty of being too far right. Can't there be some middle ground? Oh wait, that doesn't spawn ratings.

Regardless, I always wondered why WPSD takes much of the criticism in this market. Why not 3 and 12? If they're that much better why isn't everyone watching them? Being based in other parts of the market outside of Paducah doesn't count, either, since I've read anti-WPSD stuff from Illinois and Missouri in the past. Or am I just missing the "WSIL sucks" threads lurking online?
Republican for Obama

Paducah, KY

#15 Oct 12, 2012
Re-elect President Obama 2012!
intimidator

Owensboro, KY

#16 Oct 13, 2012
Lone Oak Guy wrote:
WPSD certainly isn't entirely liberal given the Paxton family's conservative views (the Paducah Sun's editorials shed good light on their anti-Obama views). Yes, there are liberals who work for them, but not everyone. I recently met someone who works for the station behind the scenes, and he openly laughed when I asked him about everyone thinking WPSD is overtly liberal. He said something to the effect of "we have some conservative Republicans and independents there, too. It's not the far-left commie network everyone thinks it is." He said he wasn't even a Democrat or Obama supporter himself. While he wouldn't go too deep into inside information or name any names, he said it's not fair to criticize the entire staff and that many of them who don't get any public credit work hard at their jobs, are normal people just like everyone else and have diverse views.

But I won't argue about Scott McGee, he's definitely liberal and shows it. From what I know about news, though, I think he injects that himself. He either throws it in while talking or re-writes things unless the other people who write stories are as liberal as he appears to be. I think something as simple as having a neutral anchor for their main shows would help shift WPSD's image, even if it's only a minor change.

I also put some blame on the network. We all know the heat, deserved or undeserved, that NBC gets for leaning left, but to be fair if NBC is guilty so are ABC and CBS. And Fox News is guilty of being too far right. Can't there be some middle ground? Oh wait, that doesn't spawn ratings.

Regardless, I always wondered why WPSD takes much of the criticism in this market. Why not 3 and 12? If they're that much better why isn't everyone watching them? Being based in other parts of the market outside of Paducah doesn't count, either, since I've read anti-WPSD stuff from Illinois and Missouri in the past. Or am I just missing the "WSIL sucks" threads lurking online?
I agree with you. I amazes me why PMG does not have more control over this with the station. NBC has nothing to do with it. 6 is just an affiliate but operate on their own. I had always heard that the Sun and 6 operated as if they were not owned by the same corp. but they are and it seems with the editorial views of PMG that they would try to adjust that. They can take executive control over content and presentation. If the anchors don't like it they can move on.

Look at Bill Hemmer and Lou Dobbs on FNN. Main reason they moved to FNN was they could not take the liberal bias of CNN. They got out.

I feel middle ground is fine. That is where I basically am. Prob right of center. The left is just not the party it once was. I was raised in a strong Dem house. My dad was a union worker. He would vote for the Devil if he was on the ticket. But that was then. Today if he was alive I think he would be a Conservative.
Whitey

United States

#17 Oct 13, 2012
Seems like I heard McGee is Canadian
UK Sucks

Paducah, KY

#18 Oct 13, 2012
Wpsd is very liberal and gay, which go "hand in hand" apparently these days!
oh yeah

Paducah, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2012
PMGsuxASS wrote:
Paxton=Liberal to the max
That's the opposite of the Paxton Media Corp. They are more conservative than the tea party. They are all the way to the right. They make Ronnie Raygun look liberal.
scusselbutt

Paducah, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2012
UK Sucks wrote:
Wpsd is very liberal and gay, which go "hand in hand" apparently these days!
They hire a lot of gays and women because they will work there for what they pay. They are far right not liberal at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
can I have you back playette gorgeous? 42 min playette 20
Is Sagging Flirtatious 1 hr paducah guy 31
wpsd tv 6 (Sep '09) 1 hr Kul 235
black girls??? 2 hr who 6
transgendered victory 2 hr no brainer 6
Ugly duckling guys that turned into hotties 3 hr Eric 2
~~Song Title Game~~ (Jan '13) 4 hr Analog man 3,675
stabbing at moes 20 hr OMG 25
whalers Catch & Patties Wed Kelly 8
Paducah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:35 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:35PM
Jaguars players wear "I can't breathe" shirts in pregame warm ups
Bleacher Report 9:37 PM
Titans Stay on Pace for Potential No. 1 Pick
Bleacher Report 9:53 PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Video Highlights and Recap from Week
Bleacher Report 9:54 PM
Jags Hold on for 21-13 Win vs. Titans on TNF
Yahoo! Sports11:06 PM
Long Todman run helps Jaguars take down Titans