Car wreck kills Paducah man

May 2, 2012 Full story: The Paducah Sun Online Edition 23

An early morning wreck in the Concord area killed one Paducah teen and left another injured.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Paducah, KY

#1 May 2, 2012
McCracken County Sgt. Kevin Lynn said units were called to the intersection of Cairo Road and Swanson Lane at 2:27 a.m. Lynn said a car had left the roadway and struck a tree. The 2004 Honda Accord had three passengers Nicholas Robertson, 19, of Kevil, Joseph Tune, 19, of Kevil and Dylan M. Rodgers, 19, of Paducah but Sheriff Jon Hayden said the position of the passengers in the car is still under investigation.

Hayden said Rogers was pronounced dead at the scene. Robertson was not treated, and Tune suffered minor injuries and was taken to Lourdes. A spokesman for Lourdes said Tune was still in the hospital Wednesday afternoon.

Paducah, KY

#2 May 2, 2012
Drinking involved?
Hmmm

South Elgin, IL

#3 May 2, 2012
Yes according to his friends in the vehicle

Paducah, KY

#4 May 2, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Yes according to his friends in the vehicle
So sad.
hey

United States

#5 May 2, 2012
Convicted felon u r back!!!!!
hey

United States

#6 May 2, 2012
Who was the driver?

Paducah, KY

#7 May 2, 2012
hey wrote:
Who was the driver?
My guess is the driver will be charged.

Paducah, KY

#8 May 2, 2012
If they are good friends then Rodgers will turn out to be the driver.Who bought the beer?

Paducah, KY

#9 May 2, 2012
PADUCAH, KY - A one-car crash early Wednesday morning on Cairo Road at the intersection of Swanson Lane claimed the life of a McCracken County teen.

Sheriff' Jon Hayden reports that a 2004 Honda Accord ran off the roadway and struck a tree just before 2:30 am Wednesday, fatally injuring 19-year-old Dylan M. Rogers of Paducah. Two others in the car, 19-year-old Nicolas Robertson and 19-year-old Joseph Tune, both of Kevil, received minor injuries.

The investigation into the crash is ongoing and is being reconstructed by the Paducah Police Accident Reconstruction Team. The position of the passengers and the identity of the driver are still under investigation.

Traffic had to be diverted between Noble Road and Moody Road for about five hours while the reconstructionist processed the scene.

Police say speed appears to have been a factor in the accident.
pray

Paducah, KY

#11 May 3, 2012
Prayers for everyone
Soccer mom

Nebo, KY

#12 May 7, 2012
It's sad that one of the so called 'good friends" ran from the sceen of the wreck instead of staying to see if his friend was dead or alive and then didnt bother to go tell Rodgers Mother that her son was injured in a car accident. GIven the fact that this kid has 2 DUI's and is set to serve some time in jail soon for that makes me think that he might have been driving the car. Good friend or self centered little prick? I hope the police can determine who was driving so that Dylan's Mother can try to pull her life back together and move forward. RIP Dylan!!
Hmm

Paducah, KY

#13 May 7, 2012
Agree! There has been plenty of talk there was drinking... What else goes on at 2:30 am?? We feel so sorry for her and her loss...

Paducah, KY

#14 May 7, 2012
Soccer mom wrote:
It's sad that one of the so called 'good friends" ran from the sceen of the wreck instead of staying to see if his friend was dead or alive and then didnt bother to go tell Rodgers Mother that her son was injured in a car accident. GIven the fact that this kid has 2 DUI's and is set to serve some time in jail soon for that makes me think that he might have been driving the car. Good friend or self centered little prick? I hope the police can determine who was driving so that Dylan's Mother can try to pull her life back together and move forward. RIP Dylan!!
Who ran off to get help?
concerned mom

Belton, KY

#15 May 8, 2012
Convicted Felon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ran off to get help?
No one ran for help, but heard the Robertson boy did run from the scene of the crash only to get a ride home first! Why run and leave your injured and dying friends all alone if not guilty of something? Sure hope toxicology was done on him although that would not bring Dylan back.

Paducah, KY

#16 May 8, 2012
concerned mom wrote:
<quoted text> No one ran for help, but heard the Robertson boy did run from the scene of the crash only to get a ride home first! Why run and leave your injured and dying friends all alone if not guilty of something? Sure hope toxicology was done on him although that would not bring Dylan back.
Maybe to update facebook.
Strawberrie

Hollywood, FL

#17 May 8, 2012
Convicted Felon wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe to update facebook.
Omg this so isn't a laughing matter but that made me giggle.
Messed up

Louisville, KY

#18 May 8, 2012
And ik him and kicked it with him before
concerned

United States

#23 Jan 3, 2013
Agreed, if she bought the beer for underage teens, then she would be the murderer legally. :-( she should probably let the issue be.
question

Madisonville, KY

#24 Jan 3, 2013
i dont want to make anyone mad or upset i just want to ask a question ? when this happen did the cops take a beer can and sit in the sit of the car and take a picture of it ?
Messed up

Paducah, KY

#25 Jan 3, 2013
Surely no one did that!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
son of god??? 8 min mike 1
Looking for a freak.! 13 min tracy 4
Farley tricks on meth 14 min Nick 31
Street racing action 15 min ??? 4
Josh(tabor) and kass 24 min dez nut 5
foot fetish (Jun '12) 36 min footguy 48
Ice rink? 1 hr Question 1
stabbing at moes 6 hr kettleblack 39
Paducah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 am PST

ESPN 7:36AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Live St. Louis Score and Analysis
ESPN12:48 PM
Coughlin wears tribute to slain NYPD officers