LO Elementary not protecting students...
LOE parent

United States

#25 Sep 25, 2012
There's more bullying and mean kids at lone oak then I care to count. There's way too many kids, the cafeteria is an extreme mad house and there's not enough supervision by adults/teachers during lunch time. I wish my child was still at Reidland and that we had never moved to lone oak district. Both of her years at LOE She's had to deal with snotty bossy little girls that think they are Queen of the classrooms. What the hell is wrong with kids today??!!
So sad

United States

#26 Sep 25, 2012
What ever happened to a zero tolerance for bullying????
Wow

Tiline, KY

#27 Sep 25, 2012
So sad wrote:
What ever happened to a zero tolerance for bullying????
That is a joke!!!
excuse me

United States

#28 Sep 25, 2012
Pls what bus number is this. A boy was beating on my kid and he grabbed his hands and said stop and they said he was bullying because the child was younger. That he could take getting hit by the kid he was too old to grab the boys hands and tell him to stop
LO proud

United States

#29 Sep 25, 2012
excuse me wrote:
Pls what bus number is this. A boy was beating on my kid and he grabbed his hands and said stop and they said he was bullying because the child was younger. That he could take getting hit by the kid he was too old to grab the boys hands and tell him to stop
The incident with my son happened on bus 207, this is the second time this kid has attacked my son once the last week of school and then again 3 weeks ago. But he is also threatening other kids at school daily.
know for a fact

Paducah, KY

#30 Sep 26, 2012
[QUOTE who=";-("]Lo elementary staff is so rude ! What happened to that school ??? It use to be the best and know it is all stuck up rude people. If you work at a school you def need to be kid friendly !!!!!!!!![QUOTE]

The staff is very rude. You have most of the 5th grade teachers who seem to be in competition with each other for some reason. Most of the other teachers act like their day is a beauty contest. When I was in school the teachers cared about each and every student. I don't see that too much anymore.
what

Hermitage, TN

#31 Sep 26, 2012
Bus 207 is frightening. Most of the bus gets off at those apartments behind the goodwill store. My son no longer rides that bus, because of all of the problems.
LO Parent

Paducah, KY

#32 Sep 26, 2012
[QUOTE who=";-("]Lo elementary staff is so rude ! What happened to that school ??? It use to be the best and know it is all stuck up rude people. If you work at a school you def need to be kid friendly !!!!!!!!![QUOTE]

I completely agree!! They are sooo unorganized. We never know what is going on there until it has already happened. I check my son's folder and agenda book daily and I feel like there is no communication between school and home. He was absent last week, I sent his excuse the day he went back and it stayed in his agenda book/folder for one or two days.
parent

United States

#33 Sep 26, 2012
who is the bus driver?
Mister

Paducah, KY

#34 Sep 26, 2012
????
r u serious

Jonesboro, IL

#35 Sep 26, 2012
I am dating a man from lone oak and there is no way I would send my kindergardener there. I have watched the kids out in the public and no way I would let my child hang out with them. I feel so sorry for the kids that r bein bullied. Its in every school sad but true. Go straight to the police. Not county state.
LOEdad

Paducah, KY

#36 Sep 26, 2012
Im hearing the middle school kids come over to elementary and harass or bully the kids during recess.
So sad

United States

#37 Sep 26, 2012
LOEdad wrote:
Im hearing the middle school kids come over to elementary and harass or bully the kids during recess.
How is that possible?
the truth

United States

#38 Sep 26, 2012
The reason why LO is the way it is is simple. Call me prejudice if you want. It's the kids coming from all the apartment complexes that are using HUD. Highland Terrace, LO manor, and whatever the other ones are.

B U T, The kids my daughter has problems are ALSO the ones who are snobby and think they own the whole classroom. I wish I could home school but we can't protect our children from the world forever.
hihi

Paducah, KY

#39 Sep 26, 2012
Get Susan involved isn't she like Bully Queen at Lone Oak?
LOES Mom

Cadiz, KY

#40 Sep 26, 2012
It's one thing to talk about a dangerous student...but to criticize Mr. Pope and the teachers is so sad. My kids are there and I have not had any problems with teachers. In fact, they go over and beyond as far as I'm concerned.
yeah

Paducah, KY

#41 Sep 26, 2012
Well, if Pope has been told about this kid on several occassions and so have other staff members, then there is a problem. If that is critcizing him and the teachers; so be it but he and his staff are there to protect kids not allow bullying to go on. This is not about what the kids are learning but about a kid who is a bully.
well

United States

#42 Sep 26, 2012
LOE parent wrote:
There's more bullying and mean kids at lone oak then I care to count. There's way too many kids, the cafeteria is an extreme mad house and there's not enough supervision by adults/teachers during lunch time. I wish my child was still at Reidland and that we had never moved to lone oak district. Both of her years at LOE She's had to deal with snotty bossy little girls that think they are Queen of the classrooms. What the hell is wrong with kids today??!!
name the brats.... Who are the snotty little bossy girl???Call them out...
LO proud

United States

#43 Sep 26, 2012
LOES Mom wrote:
It's one thing to talk about a dangerous student...but to criticize Mr. Pope and the teachers is so sad. My kids are there and I have not had any problems with teachers. In fact, they go over and beyond as far as I'm concerned.
Then please explain why my son was threatened with a knife and went straight to mr.pope and he did nothing. Then another child was cut on the hand and told me.pope this little boy did it, and again nothing. So the school will just keep letting this kid get away with this until he backs up his threats to bring a gun to school and really hurt someone.
LOE parent

United States

#44 Sep 26, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>name the brats.... Who are the snotty little bossy girl???Call them out...
I don't think that is necessary. I'm just glad she has had a very sweet teacher both of her years there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla Long 4 min Bambambam 5
Joey whited and cj whited brothers that are wor... (Oct '15) 11 min HogansMom 10
Review: Heartland Veterinary Hospital - Clayton... (Mar '09) 19 min HogansMom 94
amanda roberts 46 min injustice 9
KT Morris 47 min paula 6
Is Kentay Hayes and Krissy Farmer Hayes Rats 1 hr Earl 6
name them druggies 2 hr Tammy 4
Mellow mushroom grand opening 2 hr Cheese 44
Mellow Mushroom (Jan '15) 8 hr suzie 87

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages