Lone Oak Elementary
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kid starting school

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2011
To the parents of kids of Lone Oak Elem. What is your opinion of it? Might be moving to that district. Seems quite over crowded.
joe

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2011
Kid starting school wrote:
To the parents of kids of Lone Oak Elem. What is your opinion of it? Might be moving to that district. Seems quite over crowded.
Not overcrowded, great school. I have one finishing their last year of elementary there and one with two more years. Has been a very positive thing.
yes

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2011
I love that school I put my son in there a year ago due to problems at Hendron lone oak which is a very mismanaged school. I love the principal at lone oak and feel the teachers are great and that my son is very safe.
Kid starting school

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2011
Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.
A Good Momma

Tomball, TX

#5 Feb 24, 2011
yes wrote:
I love that school I put my son in there a year ago due to problems at Hendron lone oak which is a very mismanaged school. I love the principal at lone oak and feel the teachers are great and that my son is very safe.
To whomever wants to bash Hendron that's a good school. And the principal of loes is currently at LOMS so his stand in would be the brother of hendrons principal. I hear they're alot alike. So either school is great either way for the one who originally asked.
joe

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2011
A Good Momma wrote:
<quoted text>To whomever wants to bash Hendron that's a good school. And the principal of loes is currently at LOMS so his stand in would be the brother of hendrons principal. I hear they're alot alike. So either school is great either way for the one who originally asked.
I will have to disagree with the brothers being alot alike. While both are great guys, both are not good administrators.
joe

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2011
joe wrote:
<quoted text>I will have to disagree with the brothers being alot alike. While both are great guys, both are not good administrators.
Worded that poorly, one is a very good administrator. One, not so much.
A Good Momma

Paducah, KY

#8 Feb 24, 2011
joe wrote:
Worded that poorly, one is a very good administrator. One, not so much.
Regardless my children went through Hendron and loved it. As I said both schools are great!!! I don't know the acting principal at loes but I do the one at hloes and I would stand behind him without blinking an eye. And if he wasn't good at his job you honestly think he would have been with the school systems that long????
not really

Nashville, TN

#9 Feb 24, 2011
I went to lOMS when he was a teacher and saw him throw a chair b/c he was mad....not very good role model imo
joe

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2011
A Good Momma wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless my children went through Hendron and loved it. As I said both schools are great!!! I don't know the acting principal at loes but I do the one at hloes and I would stand behind him without blinking an eye. And if he wasn't good at his job you honestly think he would have been with the school systems that long????
He hasn't been in the role of principal very long. Great guy, prob great teacher, but he has NOT been a good administrator. Ask the teachers, they'll tell you. Not knocking him personally, again great guy, but not everyone is cut out for admin.
A Good Momma

Paducah, KY

#11 Feb 25, 2011
joe wrote:
<quoted text>He hasn't been in the role of principal very long. Great guy, prob great teacher, but he has NOT been a good administrator. Ask the teachers, they'll tell you. Not knocking him personally, again great guy, but not everyone is cut out for admin.
He has been the principal there for 4 years. What exactly makes him a "bad" administrator? Like I said if he wasn't doing his job don't you think they would have already asked him to step down. Bet if you asked his students and their parents probably about 98% would stand behind him.
joe

White Plains, KY

#12 Feb 25, 2011
A Good Momma wrote:
<quoted text>He has been the principal there for 4 years. What exactly makes him a "bad" administrator? Like I said if he wasn't doing his job don't you think they would have already asked him to step down. Bet if you asked his students and their parents probably about 98% would stand behind him.
He is a great guy, great assistant principal/people person. He is not an administrator/leader. The staff needs that and they don't get that from him. I'm glad you stand behind him, from your perspective he is great. Just don't think you're seeing the whole picture.
wow

Paducah, KY

#13 Feb 25, 2011
joe wrote:
<quoted text>He is a great guy, great assistant principal/people person. He is not an administrator/leader. The staff needs that and they don't get that from him. I'm glad you stand behind him, from your perspective he is great. Just don't think you're seeing the whole picture.
And as I said before you don't think they would have had him step down? Just saying!! There has been 2 principals to step down in the last few months.
joe

Rochester, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2011
wow wrote:
<quoted text>And as I said before you don't think they would have had him step down? Just saying!! There has been 2 principals to step down in the last few months.
And there will be more. Not saying he is or is not on the list. Keep an eye out, replacements are still happening. RHS.......
yes

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2011
The principal at Hendron is no good and doesn't put kids first. I know this from experience. I had to pull my son out of that school at the end of a school year because I didn't feel my kid was safe there and that anyone could sign my son out of school. That school needs new leadership. Im aware of his brother being at lone oak and I haven't had a problem out of him. Also?Mr. Pope being at loms is only for 9 weeks.
a good momma

Paducah, KY

#16 Feb 25, 2011
yes wrote:
The principal at Hendron is no good and doesn't put kids first. I know this from experience. I had to pull my son out of that school at the end of a school year because I didn't feel my kid was safe there and that anyone could sign my son out of school. That school needs new leadership. Im aware of his brother being at lone oak and I haven't had a problem out of him. Also?Mr. Pope being at loms is only for 9 weeks.
If Mr. Pope is on there for 9 weeks that's kind of odd he fixing to leave? He came before Christmas break and still there do the mouth just sayin!!! Quit bashing Mr. B!!! Did you have an out of control child or was your child never in the wrong? But it's all good everybody has enemies nobody is perfect!! Sorry you dislike him!! Your loss!!!
respond

Franklin, TN

#17 Apr 14, 2011
I have experience with Hendron and couldn't be more disappointed. It is completely disorganized and the most of the teachers can't even grade papers. I have lost count of the papers that I have sent back to have grades adjusted. Even sadder to say they have no control over the students and have had problems that will not go away because no one there acknowledges that there is a problem.
Dean X

Owensboro, KY

#18 Apr 14, 2011
My child goes to Hendron LO. Have had no problems whatsoever out of anyone there. I have heard other people say that the quality of kids are better than the type of kids at Hendron. But, this came from a Drs mouth. I am sure he was referring to Hendron not having as many rich people in its community than LO Elementary does. If you want a good education, Hendrons academic scores have absolutely blown away the scores of LO Elementaries. So I guess if you are deciding on academics,then Hendron would be your choice, but if you are making this decision on just social aspects, then I guess you should go where the RICH kids go.
lol

Pflugerville, TX

#19 Apr 14, 2011
Dean X wrote:
My child goes to Hendron LO. Have had no problems whatsoever out of anyone there. I have heard other people say that the quality of kids are better than the type of kids at Hendron. But, this came from a Drs mouth. I am sure he was referring to Hendron not having as many rich people in its community than LO Elementary does. If you want a good education, Hendrons academic scores have absolutely blown away the scores of LO Elementaries. So I guess if you are deciding on academics,then Hendron would be your choice, but if you are making this decision on just social aspects, then I guess you should go where the RICH kids go.
That is a little one side!!! My kid is going to LO Elem and I'm far from being rich and hendron has a bunch of the kids from rolling hills and doctors and lawyers kids!!!! So saying all the rich kids go to LO and not hendron is far from the truth!!!!
hey

Nashville, TN

#20 Apr 14, 2011
To "Kid Starting School" We live in the district for LOE, one child started at LOE & has moved on to LOMS, & one still at LOE. There are pros and cons everywhere....& everyone has their own opinion. I think LOE is over crowded because there are so many parents that want to send their kids there. I was told recently that there are children there from Massac Co. and I know there are several city children there. Something does need to be done about the open enrollment policy, or whatever it's considered. I haven't had any problems with anyone at LOE or LOMS. Good Luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want a white girlfriend 32 min American history x 2
good family doctors that take wellcare 41 min Tom 2
Jason Confer 1 hr justaflyonthewall 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 7,968
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 3 hr Princess Hey 10,944
Word association (Jan '14) 3 hr Princess Hey 267
~~the (3) word (3) letter game~~ (Jun '13) 3 hr Princess Hey 203
Old Kmart building future plans released 12 hr round the world 29

Paducah Jobs

Personal Finance